PDA

View Full Version : Please Help...yes Am Dumb

Importz
07-14-2003, 01:12 PM
I was spiting my gum out yesterday when I was driving and it landed on my trunk.....I didnt notice it till now......How do I get it off.......I took most of it off but there is still shit on there...what should I use to get it alll off?

Super_Geo
07-14-2003, 01:15 PM
It might be worth a try to use some hot water to soften it and then just use the rest of the gum to tack it off. Maybe it'll work?

Redlyne_mr2
07-14-2003, 01:18 PM
Bug + Tar remover, this may sound a tad ghetto but gasoline will work just dont use too much and dont use it on newer custom paint. Aged stock paint tends to be fairly resistant

BlaCkPlaGUE
07-14-2003, 02:06 PM
OK at work to get sticky shit off like glue and such, we use WD40. No joke, it really really works, I just don't know if it will harm your paint job. I doubt it will, but seriously it works magic.

littledan
07-14-2003, 02:25 PM
i think if you just use some goo gone or whatever it's called then just wash your car after you should be ok

D'z Nutz
07-14-2003, 02:31 PM
I may be wrong here, but I think having softer, stickier gum is the worse way to go about. If it were me, I would freeze the gum so it's hard, and then get it off (atleast most of it). Maybe some dry ice or something? :dunno:

rage2
07-14-2003, 02:38 PM
Take those compressed air spray cans, turn it upside down and spray it on the gum. That'll freeze it up. And yes, after it's frozen, it's very easy to remove.

girlRACER
07-14-2003, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by littledan
i think if you just use some goo gone or whatever it's called then just wash your car after you should be ok

You mean gook off? That stuff is too strong and it will eat the paint off.

Fluidic
07-15-2003, 01:15 AM
Jackie... it's actually called Goof Off! I have used it on my paint before and it works MIRACLES!! :) :thumbsup:

Oh... but don't take my above comment to heart... as I don't want you fucking up your paint on your truck IF the paint were to "fade" away! ;)

Peter

RiceCake
07-15-2003, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by Fluidic Digital
Jackie... it's actually called Goof Off! I have used it on my paint before and it works MIRACLES!! :) :thumbsup:

Oh... but don't take my above comment to heart... as I don't want you fucking up your paint on your truck IF the paint were to "fade" away! ;)

Peter

Ahh the joys and wonders of having a white car. :)

Beastly Power
07-15-2003, 07:11 PM
I herd ice works as well........i got it off my shirt once but dont know about cars ....worth a try:dunno:

Ferio_vti
07-15-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Take those compressed air spray cans, turn it upside down and spray it on the gum. That'll freeze it up. And yes, after it's frozen, it's very easy to remove.

Damn, I was gonna mention that too. Yah, freeze it off.

DonJuan
07-17-2003, 01:06 AM
Do both the Gasoline and the WD-40 then light a match and watch your problems dissapear as the trunk and spoiler begin to melt. Just kiddin, the Gas does work for sure! It worked on my new shoes, just have to wash it off with like a gallon of air freshener. Should teach you for trying to litter, or whatever gum spitting is.

Johnny@CustomAuto
07-18-2003, 06:22 PM
goof off is paint friendly