PDA

View Full Version : A Pic of my REX "the nicest one you'll ever see!!!"

Rexappeal
07-14-2003, 03:49 PM
That's my opinion at least, tell me yours!

My Rex (http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/pde4fc56f2acdddd3bbd954642c268f9b/fbe8bdf8.jpg)

BigShow
07-14-2003, 03:50 PM
what's on the roof?

civicrider
07-14-2003, 03:58 PM
Hmm that one is tight but the best one is that red one someone posted.

Kamen
07-14-2003, 04:27 PM
The red one is the 2004 with a body kit, this is a silver new age wrx.

nice car man!

LUDELVR
07-14-2003, 04:44 PM
man, the nicest rex I've seen has to be spyguy's! That one's a distant second.

air_mikey
07-14-2003, 04:58 PM
i think the nicest is the blue one in calgary with the silent rage decal.

CRXguy
07-14-2003, 05:05 PM
What's under the hood? Is that roof scoop functional? :rofl:

The only thing I like about your car is the STi headlights.

supraman'91
07-14-2003, 05:30 PM
Nice car. . From one pic it is hard to give it a score. What does it have? More pics.... Later ps. sweet hood scoop!

l/l/rX
07-14-2003, 06:11 PM
coool car cept im not a big fan of the black rims. come down for a subie meet sometime. although you're in peace river its fun. what kind of engine mods do you have? or just all exterior for now?

spyguy
07-14-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by LUDELVR

thanks ludelvr...so much love!!! ;)

92 Teg-B18A
07-14-2003, 06:47 PM
not too shabby :), too bad about the banner though :(

hjr
07-14-2003, 06:55 PM
not the best, but damn nice non the less

Redlyne_mr2
07-14-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by LUDELVR
I agree I dont like that silver one too much

Zephyr
07-14-2003, 10:11 PM
well i guess since the rally cars have a hood scoop so its ok to have it on the subie...i dont see a point but yea.. uhh its a lil too aggressive for me..

Rexappeal
07-14-2003, 10:20 PM
Just trying to draw attention to myself and get some views, since i'm a newbie!!! But thanks for the props tho. For those of you who think i'm all show no go! Three words...TURBOXS STAGE 4!!! For those of you who don't know what stage 4 entales...VF34 turbo upgrade, uppipe, STI 565cc injectors, walbro fuel pump, ngk spark plug, FMIC, 4" down pipe and 4" exhaust without a muffler! LOL! UTEC ecu piggyabck, i also have NX intercooler kit, HKS SSQ BOV, AEM CAI, Custom crossover pipe, and many more... But if your still not convinced... 12.95 secs @ 117mph!!! Again thanx for the props!!!
another pic of my rear...the view most domestics see LOL!!! (http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid69/p6424e965370095fbf8b243f1aa8b5522/fbadc962.jpg)

Zephyr
07-14-2003, 10:26 PM
my kingdom for stock taillights!!! jeeze black and that kind of silver dont mix.... maybe black and blue.. ur engine sounds interesting since im a newbie car person, so im easily impressed/amused..... yea go NX! woo hoo... everyone one loves naaaawz....... </sarcasm>

not trying to be an ass... hot day, and bad day at work...

spyguy
07-14-2003, 10:50 PM
nice mod list! ;)

Rexappeal
07-14-2003, 11:02 PM
Spyguy when the next impreza meet in cow town?
Post a pic of your bowl "o" rice!

spyguy
07-14-2003, 11:16 PM
not sure on the meet yet its busy season for me so that's the last thing on my mind...

cars not complete, once it is ....youll know...

Altezza
07-15-2003, 01:29 AM
Not bad, not bad...but I've seen better.

darknight
07-15-2003, 09:28 AM
What kinda HP #'s are you making and where did you drag it?

Orrin

Rexappeal
07-15-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Altezza
Not bad, not bad...but I've seen better.
Altezza i have no idea what kind of HP my rex is making since i can't find an all wheel drive dyno. But with the stage 4, NX, and others, I would guess around 350 whp maybe more @ 17 psi. By the way I just ran a 12.89sec @ 118mph with 60 foot time of 1.51sec!!! at fairview!

Altezza
07-15-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Rexappeal

Altezza i have no idea what kind of HP my rex is making since i can't find an all wheel drive dyno. But with the stage 4, NX, and others, I would guess around 350 whp maybe more @ 17 psi. By the way I just ran a 12.89sec @ 118mph with 60 foot time of 1.51sec!!! at fairview!

Hey, I'm not knockin your car. I'd put it in the top 10% of WRX's I've seen or encountered. I used to see high-HP Subarus and WRXs on a daily basis. Check the sig.

Rexappeal
07-15-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Altezza

Hey, I'm not knockin your car. I'd put it in the top 10% of WRX's I've seen or encountered. I used to see high-HP Subarus and WRXs on a daily basis. Check the sig.
I know you weren't, I was just explaining my mods! BTW high HP comes at a cost LOL!!! Just today, I came back from Grande Prairie, and my car died!!!. Tried to start it but it wouldn't start, no compression:werd: ! Finally got it started, but with black and blue smoke out the exhaust!!! So i suspect piston rings!!! It never ends LOL.

redbaron303
07-15-2003, 01:28 PM
Nice nice car... what kind of rims are those??? Maybe i just missed it somewhere in this thread?!

Rexappeal
07-15-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by redbaron303
Nice nice car... what kind of rims are those??? Maybe i just missed it somewhere in this thread?!
ADR 18's with firestone firehawk sz50

bosa
07-15-2003, 02:20 PM
IMO, not the nicest I've seen. But it's still a nice car.

supraman'91
07-15-2003, 04:57 PM
Dude, I saw your car last night and that pic doesn't do it justice. One word for you, "SWEET".

Seanith
07-15-2003, 05:54 PM
What the hell did you do to your tailights? :dunno: :(
besides that its a sweet car..

l/l/rX
07-15-2003, 10:37 PM
Spyguy when the next impreza meet in cow town?
Post a pic of your bowl &quot;o&quot; rice!

hey man not to jack the thread just telling you bout the meet. we just had one on sunday 6 er 7 cars. last time was more. 25 cars at deerfoot, then some went off on their own when we headed up to cochrane. too bad you didnt know about it, should've came, damn nice weather, and the cruise on the 1A to canmore was pretty sweet! lots of twisties and such good road, cept not in the bestest condition. the next meet will be in august sometime. 1st or 2nd week of august is what we were talking about when we were having lunch. some suggestions came up about a gt3 shootout, or initial d, rally racing, etc. but check out nasioc.com for further details. and go to the canada region section of the forum we'll be there :thumbsup: hope to see your car soon.

edit: i dont believe we started a thread for an august meet yet.

Fuji
07-16-2003, 12:12 PM
Just trying to draw attention to myself and get some views, since i'm a newbie!!! But thanks for the props tho. For those of you who think i'm all show no go! Three words...TURBOXS STAGE 4!!! For those of you who don't know what stage 4 entales...VF34 turbo upgrade, uppipe, STI 565cc injectors, walbro fuel pump, ngk spark plug, FMIC, 4&quot; down pipe and 4&quot; exhaust without a muffler! LOL! UTEC ecu piggyabck, i also have NX intercooler kit, HKS SSQ BOV, AEM CAI, Custom crossover pipe, and many more... But if your still not convinced... 12.95 secs @ 117mph!!! Again thanx for the props!!!
another pic of my rear...the view most domestics see LOL!!! (http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid69/p6424e965370095fbf8b243f1aa8b5522/fbadc962.jpg)

Your still most likely a distant second to Spyguy, not sure exaclty what he has done, but I know he should have more than that.

But it still is a good job. Hey as long as you like it it don't matter:)

2000impreza
07-16-2003, 02:42 PM
definitely not the nicest wrx i've seen. check out what the calgary/edmonton wrx owners have done to their cars. you'd be surprised... seriously.. brag much? nice car none the less.

CRXguy
07-16-2003, 03:06 PM
^^^

go easy on the newbie man! :rofl:

did you just have a drink?

Rexappeal
07-16-2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by 2000impreza
definitely not the nicest wrx i've seen. check out what the calgary/edmonton wrx owners have done to their cars. you'd be surprised... seriously.. brag much? nice car none the less.
I'm sorry man, i didn't mean to brag!!! But it's not everyday you see a 12 second wrx:dunno: Which by the way spins all four in the first two gears!!! LOL But your right, no reason to brag! Sorry 2000impreza just messin' around LOL

l/l/rX
07-16-2003, 10:30 PM
hmm seeing how this is on topic of wrx's sorta, anyone pick up the new issue of import tuner and flip to page 156. wrx they're featuring is sooo nice. hmm and while you're at it pick up this months super street "turbo issue" too. well worth the 5.50 for both :D

shadowz
07-16-2003, 10:39 PM
Nice mods but yes you must see Spyguys car pimp ride

ninjak84
07-16-2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by 2000impreza

Originally posted by CRXguy
What's under the hood? Is that roof scoop functional? :rofl:

The only thing I like about your car is the STi headlights.

:rolleyes:

Rexappeal
07-16-2003, 11:00 PM
Ninjak84 my roof scoop is non-functional, I had a scoop custom made from fiberglass then installed and smoothed on my roof. I'm thinking about cutting out my dome light and making a vent, She gets a little loud when ur going 200+.

04blackMAX
07-16-2003, 11:04 PM
ive seen nicer, pretty bold statement..."nicest you'll ever see"

prodigychild
07-16-2003, 11:21 PM
god damn thats a fuckin sexy ass car and for all u bitches saying its not that nice while u roll around in your 89 prelude thinkin your pimp shit f*ck y'all and props for a beautiful car

ninjak84
07-16-2003, 11:23 PM
Ninjak84 my roof scoop is non-functional, I had a scoop custom made from fiberglass then installed and smoothed on my roof. I'm thinking about cutting out my dome light and making a vent, She gets a little loud when ur going 200+.

Haha, my comment didn't have anything to do with your ride.
It's one of the sweetest WRX's I've ever seen though.

04blackMAX
07-16-2003, 11:23 PM
i dont have an 89 prelude

shadowz
07-17-2003, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by vsmSIR
i dont have an 89 prelude

LOL

Paul
07-17-2003, 10:38 AM
you don't have shit

Speed_RaSiR
07-17-2003, 01:10 PM
Overdone, why waste so much money when you could spend it on one of these.

http://www.subaru.co.jp/impreza/sedan/02/imgs/photo_sti.jpg

l/l/rX
07-17-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Speed_RaSiR
Overdone, why waste so much money when you could spend it on one of these.

http://www.subaru.co.jp/impreza/sedan/02/imgs/photo_sti.jpg

maybe he bought the car before he knew bout STi comming out. or maybe just wanted to stick with his wrx. cause after all the old style wrx's are now sorta "rare" you could say because they dont make this style anymore in a sense.
give the guy a break man, hes putting money into his car just like any of us would. (if we/i werent so broke am i right?) at least he has the power to back the looks up (welpz from what hes said) it sure as hell more than what we've done to our car.

Rexappeal
07-17-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by prodigychild
god damn thats a fuckin sexy ass car and for all u bitches saying its not that nice while u roll around in your 89 prelude thinkin your pimp shit f*ck y'all and props for a beautiful car
Thanks 4 the props man! And someone ealier said why didn't i wait for the STI. Cuz I didn't know that the STI was cuming to North america, and i was so excited that subaru finally produced a true rally bred consumer car! BTW...I spank the new STI's with less into my Rex (including purchase and mods) than the sti costs!!!! LOL:poosie:

ZorroAMG
07-17-2003, 04:36 PM
I like it man!! Sweet ride, just too bad you did the Neon headlight conversion ;) Just playing, I know you WRX guys get all defensive about that :D

Seanith
07-17-2003, 05:54 PM
the neon front end conversion is tight! lol expresso j/k

Rexappeal
07-17-2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Paul
you don't have shit
Since you said i don't have shit, i fiqured i'd check out ride, and not bad, a little too much uncle bens for my taste could use a bit more soya! I did think the "I know, I know...Pull over" banner on the rear glass did suit your car tho, cuz when you have a stage 4 wrx in your rear view please pull that piece of shit over so i can blow by you! BTW i'll make sure to give you an ear full of BOV on the way by! LOL:poosie:

spyderman
07-17-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Paul

you don't have shit

Since you said i don't have shit, i fiqured i'd check out ride, and not bad, a little too much uncle bens for my taste could use a bit more soya! I did think the &quot;I know, I know...Pull over&quot; banner on the rear glass did suit your car tho, cuz when you have a stage 4 wrx in your rear view please pull that piece of shit over so i can blow by you! BTW i'll make sure to give you an ear full of BOV on the way by! LOL:poosie:

I don't think he was referring to you when he said that. :dunno:

bosa
07-17-2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by spyderman

I think he was. :dunno:

l/l/rX
07-18-2003, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by spyderman

aha yea i thought he was referring to vsmsir.....say sorrie :D hehe jk jk

Rexappeal
07-18-2003, 07:40 PM
l/l/rx are u guys still on for a meet in august? Cuz if you are i'd be really interested in going... if my rex is fixed by then... i posted before that i though i needed piston rings, well i guess i need rings on two clyinders LOL! But please email me at [email protected] with details.
Spanks

Rexappeal
07-18-2003, 07:44 PM
Hey paul where's my smart ass come back? Oh that's right the only come back you have is from your dad...who wishes he could have his cum back! LOL sorry bout that but you pissed me off saying i have shit!

ZorroAMG
07-19-2003, 01:51 AM
Dooooood! He said the comment to VSMSir, Chillax man, chillax!!! The cum back thing was kinda funny though LOL

Rexappeal
07-19-2003, 09:59 PM
I must appologize, when i first saw "you don't have shit" i lost it and automatically assumed paul was talking about me. But now i realize that he was talking about vsmsir! Sorry dude!:dunno:

Ben
07-19-2003, 10:07 PM
I must appologize, when i first saw &quot;you don't have shit&quot; i lost it and automatically assumed paul was talking about me. But now i realize that he was talking about vsmsir! Sorry dude!:dunno:

yah, for future reference please try to avoid exploding on someone and insulting their parents and such without knowing the facts ok? :) I can appreciate the appology. Coooool...Cooool is good.

l/l/rX
07-19-2003, 11:28 PM
l/l/rx are u guys still on for a meet in august? Cuz if you are i'd be really interested in going... if my rex is fixed by then... i posted before that i though i needed piston rings, well i guess i need rings on two clyinders LOL! But please email me at [email protected] with details.
Spanks

check email

Fuji
07-20-2003, 08:30 PM

Thanks 4 the props man! And someone ealier said why didn't i wait for the STI. Cuz I didn't know that the STI was cuming to North america, and i was so excited that subaru finally produced a true rally bred consumer car! BTW...I spank the new STI's with less into my Rex (including purchase and mods) than the sti costs!!!! LOL:poosie:

:bullshit: I think you had better actually try running against one before claiming that. I am sure ColdWRX will give you a run at secret street if you ask nice enough.

Rexappeal
07-20-2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Fuji

:bullshit: I think you had better actually try running against one before claiming that. I am sure ColdWRX will give you a run at secret street if you ask nice enough.

Anytime any place, Try and find a STI that runs in the 12's, like my rex, you'll be looking for a while...but when you find him let me know. BTW stock STI runs a 13.35sec at 103mph, I run 12.89 at 115mph, thats almost half a second!!! You'd be better of finding the holy grail! I not knocking the new STI but you can make a rex faster for cheaper!

183ci
07-20-2003, 09:24 PM
1.50 60ft,
thats incredible!!!, do you have a time slip?
my friend who manages 115mph-118mph/1.9-1.760ft run 11.9-12.2 consistantly at 2500ft.
with a 1.5 60ft and a 118mph you should be in the low 11's

thats impressive!

spyguy
07-20-2003, 10:01 PM

Anytime any place, Try and find a STI that runs in the 12's, like my rex, you'll be looking for a while...but when you find him let me know. BTW stock STI runs a 13.35sec at 103mph, I run 12.89 at 115mph, thats almost half a second!!! You'd be better of finding the holy grail! I not knocking the new STI but you can make a rex faster for cheaper!

it is true you can make it as fast or faster but don't forget youre car definately aint reliable as an STi... Simple mods can make the STi even faster and reliable!!!

Weapon_R
07-20-2003, 10:20 PM

Post a timeslip

Fuji
07-20-2003, 10:41 PM

See how long your tranny lasts... You won't be able to keep that up for long without sinking a load of money for a new tranny, especially at 1.50 sec 60 foots. If you did hit 12.89 that is pretty impressive.

At any rate the Subaru was never designed as a drag car. Go to a road course and see why the STi is better.

Fuji
07-20-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by spyguy

it is true you can make it as fast or faster but don't forget youre car definately aint reliable as an STi... Simple mods can make the STi even faster and reliable!!!

Dammit I didn't read this.... But spyguy is right. And his subie is IMHO better than yours is from what I have gathered.

Rexappeal
07-20-2003, 11:27 PM
it's actually quite funny since subaru already replaced my transmission once already, and btw my engine is pulled apart to the block replacing piston rings at the moment LOL! I wasn't dis'ing the STI, if you were to put the amount of $$$ in an STI that i put in my REX, you'd have one bad ass car! And to get times like those you can't drive you wrx nice...You have to DUMP the clutch @ 4500rpm, your tires will rotate one half turn and hook up, and your fucking gone! Not the best thing for the already weak transmission (which is why i have the sti six speed), but when your putting #'s up like these, it's all worth it!
P.S. I'll try and get my next time slips up next weekend. If you doubt my numbers check out TURBOXS.com under UTEC stage 4 and see what times are being produced with that kit!
I didn't mean to piss anyone off...Sorry!

markeese180sx
07-21-2003, 01:31 AM
all i can say is wow...and jeez..and how much was the whole car?

l/l/rX
07-21-2003, 02:51 PM

P.S. I'll try and get my next time slips up next weekend. If you doubt my numbers check out TURBOXS.com under UTEC stage 4 and see what times are being produced with that kit!
I didn't mean to piss anyone off...Sorry!

hmm you cant rely on other ppl's time resuslts. different ppl have different driving skills. also different mods, like they're wrx they're probably testing, stock exterior, interior. you probably have heavy duty sound system, and other lil stuff that weighs your car down. soo until we see some time slips....just dont get your hopes up on fast times. yea sure you SAY you ran 12's. but until proven to us, we dont know that.

edit: but i guess all that will only slow your car down by some milliseconds, meh.

CRXguy
07-21-2003, 03:26 PM

Interesting. Looks like you need to read this thread.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=394243

tulit
07-21-2003, 04:09 PM
(which is why i have the sti six speed)

Pics? (We need proof!!)

And who is/has done the work on your car?

Super_Geo
07-21-2003, 04:22 PM
tulit,

Nice picture on your sig ;)

fist
07-23-2003, 09:47 AM
wtf??? only 1 pic??? if this is oyur pride and joy and you want to RAG and SHOW IT OFF take nmore PICTURES! lets see under the hood! lets get some more angles!

is that roof scoop functional for anytihng?????

ninjak84
07-23-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by CRXguy
Interesting. Looks like you need to read this thread.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&amp;threadid=394243

Maybe you should try reading it too.....
The STI owner said himself he ran a 13.4 as a best time.
Rexappeal runs a 12.89 as his best time.

Just to clarify for you, a 12.89 is a faster (not slower) time than 13.4

Weapon_R
07-23-2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84

And yet, no timeslips. Not doubting it can be done, but how come no one's heard of this car until now.

CRXguy
07-23-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84

Maybe you should try reading it too.....
The STI owner said himself he ran a 13.4 as a best time.
Rexappeal runs a 12.89 as his best time.

Actually, the owner posted his times way after I posted originally. I did read that after he posted.

No shit Sherlock. :nut:

max_boost
07-23-2003, 05:08 PM
So that STI ran 13.4 at Bud Park in Edmonton?
Holy shit that is very interesting information!!

Now with 94 Octane available too, very very intersting :D

And get that chargespeed kit, oh shitz :bigpimp:

tulit
07-23-2003, 06:48 PM
Since hes not answering anymore, Im guessing its made up?

Fuji
07-23-2003, 09:42 PM
well. considering he said his car was cheaper than an STi? BS!!! I got a friend to check on a STi tranny and it was 10000 CDN fo r a unused entry level 6 speed and that was at hoooked up prices... Anyways people wiht the stage 4 turbo XS who have driven the STi say the STi is hands down faster... at least that is what I have been told

Rexappeal
07-23-2003, 11:50 PM
So why do you say i pulled a houdini on u all? I been here the whole time! LOL Watchin' my post and view count grow the minute!!! So you doubt the STI Tranny...Well when i piled up my stock one street racing, i had subaru install an STI six speed instead of the orginal, and i just paid the remainer, which worked out to 2600$$$ I also had a ACT clutch and light weight flywheel installed. And I drove an STI and it was awesome, second gear pulled like a mofo! But my top end is more impressive due to the NX intercooler kit, bigger fuel pump and ultra light weight wheels (14.5 lbs)and higher boost! And when i went to the track, its was a rcmp event to promote track events as opposed to illegal street racing. More of a test and tune night. But there's drag this weekend which i might go to! Call Bullshit all what, i'm the one who gets to drive it!!! LOL

tulit
07-24-2003, 07:34 AM
So why do you say i pulled a houdini on u all? I been here the whole time! LOL Watchin' my post and view count grow the minute!!! So you doubt the STI Tranny...Well when i piled up my stock one street racing, i had subaru install an STI six speed instead of the orginal, and i just paid the remainer, which worked out to 2600$$$ I also had a ACT clutch and light weight flywheel installed. And I drove an STI and it was awesome, second gear pulled like a mofo! But my top end is more impressive due to the NX intercooler kit, bigger fuel pump and ultra light weight wheels (14.5 lbs)and higher boost! And when i went to the track, its was a rcmp event to promote track events as opposed to illegal street racing. More of a test and tune night. But there's drag this weekend which i might go to! Call Bullshit all what, i'm the one who gets to drive it!!! LOL

Thats nice and all, but wheres the time slips and more photos of the car?

tulit
07-24-2003, 07:48 AM
BTW, Your name doesnt happen to be Jack Ho does it?

:)

Rexappeal
07-27-2003, 11:24 AM
Does your name happen to be Joey Moss? Wtf does Jack HO mean?:dunno: Twatever! LOL

l/l/rX
07-27-2003, 04:54 PM
its the weekend, and i still dont see any time slips. :(

HOK
08-11-2003, 09:19 PM
yo I call you out....

I'm going to V8 Less... I call your ass out... 6 speed... bah!

on a WRX with a 1.5 60 ft and your mile per hour your time is all wrong... unless you did something odd... (btw if you can name it i would be more inclined to believe this)

but you should be able to rape my car with 117mph... i wanna see it...

Zephyr
08-13-2003, 12:27 AM
this thread smells fishy..... either u have the proof to prove your talk (or in this case, type) and additional pictures, then all ur saying is bs....

treg50
08-14-2003, 07:28 AM
Just regarding what I think about the car: the only thing I like is that it's a WRX...

... but I'm not a big fan of what's been done to this car in terms of styling. But that's just personal preference.