Manhattan
11-05-2007, 11:23 PM
[Blank]

BrknFngrs
11-05-2007, 11:30 PM
alternate the hand you use for "lovin" :rofl:

Graham_A_M
11-05-2007, 11:32 PM
^ LOL... just keep working out and they'll even out. It used to be a problem with me, but stick on the freewieghts/dumb-bells (TRY to do the same number of reps too) and they'll even out in time. :thumbsup:

EG STyLeZ
11-05-2007, 11:33 PM
if you're using mostly barbells, switching to dumbells might be a start. that will allow you to isolate each side so that there's no compensation from the stronger side for the weaker side. it will also allow your weaker side to eventually catch up to your stronger side because of this.

topmade
11-05-2007, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by BrknFngrs
alternate the hand you use for "lovin" :rofl:
How do you do that with Broken fingers?:D

But yeah like the other guys said, use dumbells for more excercises and they'll slowly even out even if you have to use lighter weights for now so that your other side can keep up with reps.

Manhattan
11-05-2007, 11:48 PM
Ok, good. Most of my weight training is done with dumbells so we'll see what happens.

And Broken Fingers, I'll try two in the pink one in the stink with my left hand next time I see your sister. jk jk :rofl:

BrknFngrs
11-06-2007, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Manhattan
Ok, good. Most of my weight training is done with dumbells so we'll see what happens.

And Broken Fingers, I'll try two in the pink one in the stink with my left hand next time I see your sister. jk jk :rofl:

Haha seriously though, try adding in some different styles of lifts to your workout. If your "playing catchup" with certain muscles try something like triple sets.

Get a weight that you can do 12-15 reps with, do a set quickly (with good form) and keep going with the reps until you begin to slow, once you start slowing down then stop (don't go to exhaustion, only till you slow), rest 15 seconds, repeat, rest 15 seconds, repeat, that is one set. Do 3 sets.

~Leah~
11-06-2007, 12:01 PM
As mentioned before, use dumbbells and don't comprimise good form. If you need to for a couple weeks, use a weight that works for your left side. You won't be pushing your right side as much but the point is to strengthen the left side of your body so it balances out. You don't want to try to keep building your right side and just hope the left side eventually catches up, and 2 weeks of a bit of a lower weight isn't going to be detrimental to your right side.