PDA

View Full Version : My New Ride (Cliche Thread These Days)

Sailz
11-06-2007, 12:59 PM
Hey I finally bit the bullet and bought a new Truck. Its a 2006 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 Double Cab with the TRD Sport package on it, fully loaded with the JBL sound system. He has had seat covers on the truck since day 1 so the interior is MINT....It also has some other goodies on it including a 6" Procomp Stage 2 performance lift, as well as 18" rims mounted on 35" tires. Heres a few pictures, I will be having it shipped up here before the end of the month.

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/2392/l74cabe340be2c9c4a3317eow3.th.jpg (http://img148.imageshack.us/my.php?image=l74cabe340be2c9c4a3317eow3.jpg)

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/7940/lf8ebf69411fac6d40aec31gq9.th.jpg (http://img258.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lf8ebf69411fac6d40aec31gq9.jpg)

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/4374/lbb2e490d5cfe77a946c616cu9.th.jpg (http://img148.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lbb2e490d5cfe77a946c616cu9.jpg)

f150mikey060
11-06-2007, 01:03 PM
those seat covers...they actually look pretty decent. and nice truck

kaput
11-06-2007, 01:09 PM

Sailz
11-06-2007, 01:12 PM
I paid considerably less than I would have here. The truck also has 28000 miles and warranty valid in Canada till 100000 miles or 7 years.

Sailz
11-06-2007, 02:55 PM
For conversation sake I paid about $10,000 less than I would have here in Canada.

Euro///Tuned
11-06-2007, 07:17 PM
Awesome truck buddy! :thumbsup:

Sailz
11-06-2007, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Euro///Tuned
Awesome truck buddy! :thumbsup:

Thanks it should be a fun toy!

turbo'dGSR
11-06-2007, 07:46 PM
Nice lookin truck man! Do you plan on wheelin it at all or keeping it mostly on-road?

Sailz
11-06-2007, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by turbo'dGSR
Nice lookin truck man! Do you plan on wheelin it at all or keeping it mostly on-road?

Mostly on the streets...but I do alot of camping and fishing so she'll see some dirt and rocks hopefully:thumbsup:

Ekliptix
11-06-2007, 10:52 PM
Looks good.

AVA
11-07-2007, 02:27 AM
very clean ride, looks great!

nismodrifter
11-07-2007, 03:37 AM
Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeecent.

banned3x
11-07-2007, 06:01 AM
hi you have a very nice truck, but theres a big problem. its lifted canadian customs will not let you bring it in like that. i know this for a fact. we were just there and the car we brought was lowered by an inch and they said it was illeagle to bring in to canada, im sorry to break it to you but i have pics of 50 trucks at the border that were denied entry to canada becuase of the suspension being modified. i heard that maybe maybe if you take it to another port of entry like in saskachwean i dont know how the fuck you spell it but anys try to bring it in somewhere eles besides coutts im telling you this because when you see your ride and you get so excited and then they tell you you cant bring it in unless you return it to stock you will be very disappointed. so unless you try and bring it to another port or ask the seller to return it to stock, you wont bring your truck here. i got pics to prove my story and i was just there about 2 weeks ago and they told me the exact same thing. im just giving you a heads up to be prepared.
ask the seller for the stock parts or go online and look for the parts before you bring it in trust me man. good luck.

banned3x
11-07-2007, 06:04 AM
i just noticed your from bc, let me know how it goes for you there.
good luck.

Euro838
11-07-2007, 09:02 AM
Nice looking truck, very bold color! I hope you don't have any problems crossing the border.

Zephyr
11-07-2007, 10:33 AM
Me rikey verbby much

Mangina
11-07-2007, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by banned3x
hi you have a very nice truck, but theres a big problem. its lifted canadian customs will not let you bring it in like that. i know this for a fact. we were just there and the car we brought was lowered by an inch and they said it was illeagle to bring in to canada, im sorry to break it to you but i have pics of 50 trucks at the border that were denied entry to canada becuase of the suspension being modified. i heard that maybe maybe if you take it to another port of entry like in saskachwean i dont know how the fuck you spell it but anys try to bring it in somewhere eles besides coutts im telling you this because when you see your ride and you get so excited and then they tell you you cant bring it in unless you return it to stock you will be very disappointed. so unless you try and bring it to another port or ask the seller to return it to stock, you wont bring your truck here. i got pics to prove my story and i was just there about 2 weeks ago and they told me the exact same thing. im just giving you a heads up to be prepared.
ask the seller for the stock parts or go online and look for the parts before you bring it in trust me man. good luck.

What's that boy?!?! There's a fire at the old mill?? Good boy.

DonJuan
11-07-2007, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Mangina

What's that boy?!?! There's a fire at the old mill?? Good boy.

LOL!

Whats the matter girl?!?! Is it Timmy?!?! Did Timmy fall down the well?!?!

(Lassie was a Girl)

I've never heard about customs having problems with lowered/raised vehicles coming into the country. It's usually the mechanics with the OOP that might have a problem with it.

gmoney82
11-07-2007, 02:01 PM
DAMNNNNN...sweet truck...its the only pick up out there that turns my head... **flash back to Marty McFly discovering his new Tacoma in his garage in back to the future**

Destinova403
11-07-2007, 02:37 PM
nice ride man... not my style but still pretty tight.

JRSC00LUDE
11-07-2007, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by DonJuan

LOL!

Whats the matter girl?!?! Is it Timmy?!?! Did Timmy fall down the well?!?!

(Lassie was a Girl)

I've never heard about customs having problems with lowered/raised vehicles coming into the country. It's usually the mechanics with the OOP that might have a problem with it.

Actually, I have a friend going down to tomorrow to bring back two taco's and he was told the exact same thing from the RIV people, that the truck cannot come in with a lift kit on it.

dharminder
11-07-2007, 05:19 PM
congrats on the ride

Sailz
11-07-2007, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Actually, I have a friend going down to tomorrow to bring back two taco's and he was told the exact same thing from the RIV people, that the truck cannot come in with a lift kit on it.

Guess I better call them tomorrow.

Can anyone else confirm this?

banned3x
11-07-2007, 07:58 PM
i hope you have no problems

Sailz
11-07-2007, 08:01 PM
i hope you have no problems

Well Iam going to call RIV tomorrow to confirm if I do I will simply tell the buyer of the restrictions that were unknown to me before so I will not be able to purchase the truck. I sure hope its will be ok, people please chime in on this if you have any answers.

Thanks

Sailz
11-07-2007, 10:23 PM
I just talked to a friend of mine that brought in a 99 with a Fabtech 6" lift on it he brought it up through Washington and he had no problems whatsoever. I will still call RIV tomorrow to figure things out.

OCFORTY
11-08-2007, 03:15 AM
my uncle brought my dads truck back i think he went through seattle or how ever you spell it and it had a 4" lift on it i just think he sweet talked the troll behide the booth lol:poosie:

mo_money2supe
11-08-2007, 03:41 AM
Always have, and always will love the ToyoTacos, but IMO, the new ones just don't look right when lifted. I don't know what it is with that generation; love how it looks stock though. In any case, your truck still looks amazing lifted or not. Good luck with the RIV!

canuckcarguy
11-08-2007, 10:56 AM
I could be mistaken, but I think you won't have any trouble at the border as long as your paperwork is good. The problem you could potentially have is at Canadian tire when you're getting the federal inspection done, but I think they'd be unlikely to bother you, since their job is simply to check that any necessary modifications (ie, daytime running lights) have been done.

At the border I think all you need is the US compliance sticker to be on the vehicle, but I could be wrong.

But you should definitely contact RIV to confirm this before you dump the cash...

Sailz
11-08-2007, 01:28 PM
So I called RIV today and they told me they do not allow any vehicles to be imported with modifications.....seems contrary to what actually happens. What do you guys think?

kaput
11-08-2007, 02:04 PM

Sailz
11-08-2007, 02:09 PM
I don't think ill have a problem getting it inspected its getting it across the actual border I'm worried about crossing. People please chime in on this!

Thanks

Krayzie
11-08-2007, 02:23 PM
This post should already be making you think twice about if you really want to go through with the import. I know that most people on beyond think that importing is easy but it is alot of hassle. I just imported a vehicle a week ago and had all the paper work but we still had a rough time at the border. Canadian customs inspected the vehicle for atleast an hour. They took out every single little thing. We had a set of extra tires and they looked inside the tires as well. I think it was because of the extra tires that I had to go through the secondary inspection.

Also, a beyond member was asked to pay a penalty because the amount he declared didnt include the mods that were done to the vehicle. The penalty could be anywhere from 25% to 55% on the amount you "didn't" declare.

If you still decide to go ahead with the import don't do it at sweetgrass. They are quite fed up with the imports they have to deal with on a daily basis.
just my .02

b_t
11-08-2007, 02:26 PM
Nice truck. I don't like how they look lifted that much and certainly won't lift mine that much, but I like the wheel & tire package you have there.

Sailz
11-08-2007, 05:57 PM
Spoke with RIV again today as well as some border crossings. They will not allow the vehicle to cross with even an inch of suspension modifications they are being EXTREMELY strict about this right now! So looks like im on the hunt for a stock truck.

Impreza
11-08-2007, 06:15 PM
^at least you found out now and not at the border!

Sailz
11-08-2007, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Impreza
^at least you found out now and not at the border!

True total piss off though!

funkedelic
11-09-2007, 04:03 AM
hey at least somebody gave you a heads up before you had to spend who knows how much to change it over to stock.

Not worth risking it. I know a lot of people that still get by with suspension modifications but its only when its barely noticable. If you get a boarder guard that is having a bad day, forget it.

Find something stock and lift it in Canada

Sailz
11-09-2007, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by funkedelic
hey at least somebody gave you a heads up before you had to spend who knows how much to change it over to stock.

Not worth risking it. I know a lot of people that still get by with suspension modifications but its only when its barely noticable. If you get a boarder guard that is having a bad day, forget it.

Find something stock and lift it in Canada

Oh for sure...I would be crushed to pay for it ship it only to find I cant even bring it into the country. Iam currently evaluating a few other options as well. What do you guys think of the 2005-2007 Xterra?

canuckcarguy
11-10-2007, 04:43 PM
this is a good thread, I didn't know they were cracking down on modified vehicles. I think the volume is the reason - they're trying to make the process more difficult for Canadians, to slow it down.

good luck, let us know what you buy instead.

Jayson
11-10-2007, 08:10 PM
Man that sucks... that truck was pretty sweet... love the taco's!!

xmattx8
11-13-2007, 01:01 AM
its a transformer