PDA

View Full Version : Any mechanics on here that can do oop inspection?

jdmkid
11-06-2007, 07:33 PM
hey I just got my car from japan I need an out of province inspection done. Only thing the car needs is rear brake pads otherwise its all good, Is there anyone on here that could just pass it? because I just want to get it registered so I can just park it for the winter I dont want to spend any money on it till when i take it out of storage and i have heard that the 25 year law is gonna be in affect on jan 1 that y i want it registered so is there any one on here that could do it for me??

honda/teg
11-06-2007, 07:37 PM
u still need to take it to a shop to get it passed because they fax the inspection papers to the gov.

Xamim
11-06-2007, 07:46 PM
Or buy some brake pads? :dunno: :banghead:

G-ZUS
11-06-2007, 07:48 PM
yah ur gonna have to get brake pads so get em first, brake pads are cheap, whoever cheaps on brakes should have their nuts chopped off and fed to them

soloracer
11-06-2007, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by G-ZUS
yah ur gonna have to get brake pads so get em first, brake pads are cheap, whoever cheaps on brakes should have their nuts chopped off and fed to them

So should anyone who passes a JDM piece of shit without actually doing a proper inspection. Already too many are getting through with inspections carried out by blind men. Not one has had the headlights or glass changed I'm willing to bet. Jan 1st can't come fast enough. :D

andyg16
11-06-2007, 08:54 PM
So the 15 year rule is gonna change to 25 years for sure?

Koondoon
11-06-2007, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by andyg16
So the 15 year rule is gonna change to 25 years for sure?

found this http://www.ivoac.ca/docs/IVOACPerspective.pdf

Toms-SC
11-06-2007, 09:27 PM
fix your crap

CelicaST-162
11-06-2007, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by jdmkid
hey I just got my car from japan I need an out of province inspection done. Only thing the car needs is rear brake pads otherwise its all good, Is there anyone on here that could just pass it? because I just want to get it registered so I can just park it for the winter I dont want to spend any money on it till when i take it out of storage and i have heard that the 25 year law is gonna be in affect on jan 1 that y i want it registered so is there any one on here that could do it for me??

Unless your trying to curb it afterwards, just fix it. It won't be that expensive because it's only brakes! Replace them then get the OOP done.

soloracer
11-06-2007, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by CelicaST-162

Unless your trying to curb it afterwards, just fix it. It won't be that expensive because it's only brakes! Replace them then get the OOP done.

I suspect it's more than just brakes. How much you want to bet it's been inspected and failed and now he's looking for someone to do him a "solid"? It makes no sense otherwise. You buy a new car and can't afford brake pads? Give me a break.

CelicaST-162
11-06-2007, 11:09 PM
That would not surprise me at all, so my advice to you jdmkid is take it in the rear, fix whatever you need to in order to pass it. The place you take to will fix it, then happily take your money, then hopefully they will pass it then everybody is happy afterwards including yourself.

Slashin_
11-06-2007, 11:14 PM
dude your puttin a mans job at risk becuase your cheap on pads.........theres a reason you need inspection,for everyones safety,fix it before you drive it

HondaRice
11-07-2007, 03:17 PM
brake pads are hte only things you should cheap out on. i buy them from the dealer.

hellraiser456
11-07-2007, 06:19 PM
just fix the brakes..they are more important than any other part on the car...you gotta be able to stop what your create.

let alone if you have a clean inspection from a REPUTABLE place rather than some shit place out in the boonies...the car will ultimately sell for more.