PDA

View Full Version : problem with Shawnessy A&B Sound (Compustar)

HondaRice
11-07-2007, 12:39 PM
problem with Shawnessy A&B Sound

A few years ago I bought a compustar and they installed it, I paid 800 including their lifetime warranty.

Well the following year it had problems, they retard who installed it in my celica left no room for wires and cut them really short and tighted the wires and cause a short wire.

I go back theres nothing they can do saying I abused it? i didnt mess around with it.

Do i have any recourse?

So I took my car to the dealer, they uninstalled it, everything my car works perfectly again.

And AB Sound they didnt install it correctly, my drivers window has been smashed many times, before I got it installed, my FACTORY 1992 toyota alarm went off, (toyota uses also a glass breakage sensor) and also the factory alarm goes off if someone opens the door, or unlocks it from the inside (assuming they got their hand in there some how without breaking the window

but my POS 800 compustar didnt do shit, with its "dual shock sensor (even on high) a theif got in, opened the door (i think slid something down the window to unlock, the door was wide open and my blue compustar LED was still bling, POS alarm didnt even go off.

for 800 cant they wire to the door ajar sensor?

rc2002
11-07-2007, 12:53 PM
The alarm should've been wired to the door ajar sensor. Sounds like it wasn't wired properly in the first place.

Horror stories like this make me glad I do my own install for things like alarms/starters.