PDA

View Full Version : UPS Q for U

bobby_lu
11-07-2007, 10:44 PM
First time recently getting something shipped from the US from BavAuto. Anyways, according to the tracking number its now in Winniped (first Cdn. city) and the description now says :

"A HOLD HAS BEEN REQUESTED. PAYMENT MUST BE MADE PRIOR TO RELEASE "

Im assuming this is customs/duty related? But will I get it then have to pay, because from the wording it seems like I wont get it? Can anyone elaborate?

Schwa
11-07-2007, 11:24 PM
They'll release it and you'll have to pay COD charges.

Dont worry its coming.

bobby_lu
11-08-2007, 11:28 AM
Thanks!

malbadon
11-08-2007, 02:55 PM
and boy will you pay.

one word, "brokerage".

heavyD
11-08-2007, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by malbadon
and boy will you pay.

one word, "brokerage".

There are ways around it but you have to find sellers that are decent about it. I just bought $500 worth of Toyota parts from an ebay vendor and got him to declare that value of the goods at $25. I pay nothing. Ha Ha!

Forced peformance used to mark my new Turbochargers as warranty repairs to I basically got them at US cost plus freight charges. It's all about greasing the right wheel.;)

Supa Dexta
11-08-2007, 03:17 PM
I just got $800 worth of stuff, they declared it as 152$, and I owed 50 bux when it got here.. Not bad, since it tech was 800$ worth of shit, but 50$ on a 150 dollar purchase? fack me...

FiveFreshFish
11-08-2007, 03:24 PM
http://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shipping/cost/zones/customs_clearance.html

Don't forget about the bond fee and the COD fee tacked onto the brokerage charge, plus the GST applicable to those fees.

Then there's the GST on the goods, plus duty if applicable. Get your anal lube ready.

Mitsu3000gt
11-08-2007, 04:13 PM
If it was shipped with their worldwide express or worldwide saver services, you will only pay GST (at least I have never paid more than just GST). In fact, my last order of over $400, I paid LESS than the GST on even the lower Canadian amount. Included in the service is the brokerage costs. If you shipped ground, you may owe more. If your not going to be home, you can leave a check taped to your door or something with the COD amount and they will take that and you won't have to wait another day. Lastly, if you do leave a check, it has to be made out to the store you bought from NOT UPS. You can call them and they will tell you the COD amount.

I used to hate UPS, but their worldwide saver service is fantastic, and whenever I call them, I immediately get a human, and am never waiting on hold. My bad experiences are mostly with shipping packages myself via "The UPS Store".

Schwa
11-08-2007, 04:13 PM
Overall I just hate dealing with UPS.

bobby_lu
11-09-2007, 03:11 PM
Stupid UPS'ers

It went from:

NH >> MA >>> Winnipeg, then BACK to MN, and now back to Winnipeg.

lol:nut:

rvd
11-09-2007, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by bobby_lu
Stupid UPS'ers

It went from:

NH >> MA >>> Winnipeg, then BACK to MN, and now back to Winnipeg.

lol:nut:

I just sent a package to Quebec, via Canadapost, it went from Calgary to Mississauga back to Calgary, back to Mississauga, still waiting for it to show up in QC. :drama: