PDA

View Full Version : Calgary Honda Autobody

Mr_ET
11-08-2007, 12:21 PM
Well didin't really need this right now with a day old newborn and no sleep but this morning the lady we take our 2.5 year old to for music class backed into the passenger side rear quarter pannel of the 2006 Accord.

I was parked in front of her driveway dropping my daughter off and she came outside running with her daughter that had just fallen and cut herself on her chin.

I guess she wasn't paying attention and since I was at her front door I didn't have time to get back in the car and move it and the next thing I hear she backed right into it...

Now she does not want to go through insurance and told me to get a quote and she'll take care of fixing everything. I think she is a good honnest person and will actually get it fixed but I hope this will not come back to bite me.

With that all said, I want this fixed back to new status with good quality parts no matter the cost as my car was mint before that.

Anyone have any experience with Calgary Honda and their autobody in glendeer circle?

Destinova403
11-08-2007, 12:55 PM
my parents had their 07 accord damaged as well (someone backed into the door in a parking lot) the calgary honda guys were really good and seemed honest but they asked a lot of money. My parents ended up going with A1 autobody and as far as i know, it turned out ok. it was about 150-200 cheaper too.

sputnik
11-08-2007, 01:29 PM
My neighbour hit my Accord while it was parked on the street.

Calgary Honda did the work and it looks perfect. There was also no BS and they were really up front with everything.

:thumbsup:

Sorath
11-08-2007, 01:31 PM
the funny thing is calgary honda doesnt use their own body shop, they used a third party company called chippys they do a good job and they are cheap

Mr_ET
11-08-2007, 01:41 PM
good to know let's see how long it takes to get an estimate there now

sputnik
11-08-2007, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Sorath
the funny thing is calgary honda doesnt use their own body shop, they used a third party company called chippys they do a good job and they are cheap

Chippy's is for minor work.

Calgary Honda has their own bodyshop (shared with their BMW dealership) in the Glendeer Auto Mall.

Why would they bother holding up their body shop with stone chip repair for pre-owned sales?

Sorath
11-08-2007, 03:03 PM
because ive never worked at calgary honda before :rolleyes:

calgary honda body shop is always booked for weeks. and besides it sounds like his bumper got banked into alittle. u call that major?

JRSC00LUDE
11-08-2007, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Sorath
because ive never worked at calgary honda before :rolleyes:

calgary honda body shop is always booked for weeks. and besides it sounds like his bumper got banked into alittle. u call that major?

Originally posted by Mr_ET
.....backed into the passenger side rear quarter pannel of the 2006 Accord.
?

Doesn't sound like a bumper.....:rolleyes:

Tik-Tok
11-08-2007, 03:16 PM
If you can get in, I give props to Concours, they did an awesome job on my car, and they have a lifetime warranty (as long as YOU own the car, non transferable). Calgary Honda might have that too though, I don't know.

AllGoNoShow
11-08-2007, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Doesn't sound like a bumper.....:rolleyes:

lol don't worry, he's in used car sales he doesn't have to be correct all the time otherwise he wouldn't make any money.

dj_rice
11-08-2007, 07:19 PM
I actually just got work done from them, it was hail damage insurance claim, they had to replace my trunk, hood, cut off my roof and make a new one, and brand new front/rear bumpers...everything else was good CEPT for the fact when I got the car back..the front and rear bumper paint does not match my car AT ALL...how they did not see it after it was done painting boggles me as the difference is clear as night and day, I'll take some pics on the weekend :nut:

Destinova403
11-08-2007, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
I actually just got work done from them, it was hail damage insurance claim, they had to replace my trunk, hood, cut off my roof and make a new one, and brand new front/rear bumpers...everything else was good CEPT for the fact when I got the car back..the front and rear bumper paint does not match my car AT ALL...how they did not see it after it was done painting boggles me as the difference is clear as night and day, I'll take some pics on the weekend :nut:

... thats kinda a major problem man... theyll repaint it for free though probably...:dunno:

Mr_ET
11-08-2007, 07:52 PM
the damage is "minor" as in it does not hinder a door or any mechanical part from working but the fender is pushed in, as is the rear bumper and the taillightis sticking out but does not seem damaged otherwise.

I am guessing it will probably be around 1000-1200 to fix not including a rental car for the time they have it..

A2VR6
11-09-2007, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by dj_rice

what color was it? If its something like a pearl white, it's almost impossible to match... like alot of the time it's pretty off.

dj_rice
11-09-2007, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by A2VR6

what color was it? If its something like a pearl white, it's almost impossible to match... like alot of the time it's pretty off.

Yeah it is pearl white, but what we got back is more than pretty off...stock body color is pearl white, the front/rear bumpers are a yellowish white

Jayson
11-10-2007, 10:57 PM
Just a word of advice... i would get her insurance information and report it to your insurance company. Tell them that she is going to pay for the damages and that you just wanted to report it to them incase she doesn't... that way you can cover your bases and if she decides to burn you, then your insurance will call her's and they'll take it from there...

My wife got hit while she was parked at timmy's across from where i work, nothing major just a scratched bumper and quarter ($600 fix). Anyways, i ran across the street and got his name and number, and his license plate number. Turns out it wasn't even his car, and he gave me the wrong number... I didn't get his insurance, and i didn't report it. It's all my fault i know, but it sucks... had to run back to work so only had like 2 min to talk to him and get some info... Then 2 weeks later i couldn't find the info i wrote down.... :banghead:

So cover your bases and good luck with the repair