PDA

View Full Version : fast lube shop recomendations.

spikerS
11-08-2007, 02:14 PM
hey guys, just wondering if anyone can recomend a fast lube shop for oil changes and such. not trusting my usualy place after some questionable things have happened, so looking for a new one.

prefer ones in the NW, but if there is a place the is much better than the rest, willing to travel for it.

swak
11-09-2007, 01:44 AM
quaker state is prolly as good as it gets for fast lube service

BigMass
11-09-2007, 10:21 AM
Mr Lube by Peter's Drive In. I always get great service from them.

Bowser
11-10-2007, 08:44 PM
Do it yourself. It dosn't take much time to jack up your car, drain the oil and put some new oil in. Plus you can save a couple of bucks and spend some more quality time with your car.

badatusrnames
11-10-2007, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by BigMass

A few months ago I would've said the same, but in July they left a pair of channel locks under the hood of my car!!

Right above the fan too, it could've been trouble if it fell into the engine. Not Good!

StreetRacerX
11-10-2007, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by badatusrnames

A few months ago I would've said the same, but in July they left a pair of channel locks under the hood of my car!!

Right above the fan too, it could've been trouble if it fell into the engine. Not Good!

Hey, I wouldn't complain if nothing happened, free channel locks :rofl:

ercchry
11-10-2007, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by StreetRacerX

nothin like a good set of locks haha, hey did you finally pick up your car today?

badatusrnames
11-10-2007, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by StreetRacerX

That's why I didn't go back and complain, I was worried they would want them back!

TomcoPDR
11-10-2007, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Bowser
Do it yourself. It dosn't take much time to jack up your car, drain the oil and put some new oil in. Plus you can save a couple of bucks and spend some more quality time with your car.

Most of the time I don't even use a jack/raise the vehicle. Maybe I'm just too skinny.

StreetRacerX
11-10-2007, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

nothin like a good set of locks haha, hey did you finally pick up your car today?

no, my aunt was going to drop me off to go pick it up, but I couldn't put insurance on it because they were closed and she wouldn't take me ,started getting all fukin whiney about if somebody fukin t-boned me or some shit. I'll have to pick it up during the day when were working nights and the insurance place is open.:thumbsdow

5t3v3
11-11-2007, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by BigMass

3 months ago when I went to them, they completely forgot to put the fucking cap back on.
I didn't notice anything until a day later when I start smelling oil burn.
There was oil all over the engine bay.
I mean, what the fuck?!?:thumbsdow

Bowser
11-11-2007, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

Most of the time I don't even use a jack/raise the vehicle. Maybe I'm just too skinny.
That's good, being overweight isn't necissarily a good thing. I know I have a hard time getting under my lip if the car isn't jacked up, but that's cause it sits close to the ground.

hellraiser456
11-12-2007, 02:53 PM
i agree on doing it yourself. not only do you save a ton of money...most of the people that work there have no sort of car experience what so ever.

i remember taking my supra in for one. it was the mr. lube in mckenzie...just got the thing. And they ask me what year it is and blah blah blah..i tell them...they ask me if it is a turbo or n/a...i say turbo...

After what seemed to be them starring at my car like it was some rare model of some sortt...the come and ask me if it was a diesel engine. i look at him and say no its gas. i asked them why they thought it may be a diesel and they said because of how the engine looked. anyway...a little freaked out they end up completing the service and everything ended out ok...

Second time i went to fast lube i think it was on mc cloed. Once again i pull in and they look at my engine like its something from a sci fi movie. they are going through books to try and find out what a 7M-GTE is and how much oil it takes...this took about 20 mins.,..they finally come to the conclusion that it took 3.9L of oil (which seemed a tad low) so i ended up just saying what ever...give me a quart of oil please...and added the quart the monent i left.

since then i have never gone to one of those places. they are expensive when you need synthetic oil and for the trouble...its just not worth it...turbo cars need a special kind of care and they just don't give it.

spikerS
11-12-2007, 05:19 PM
normally I do the DIY oil changes, but i have no where to park the car to do this. I tried doing it on the street, only to get about half way through and have bylaw come up and tell me he could give me a ticket for this. so until I buy a house with a parking pad or garage, I gotta find a decent place to have it done.

virusx
11-12-2007, 05:31 PM
go to minit lube theres 4 locations in calgary one in crowfoot, 16 ave, 17 ave and macleod tr.

I work there and we try to provide the best of service to all customers even those with highly modified vehicles. Check it out!