PDA

View Full Version : A way to motivate companies to hurry up?

seadog
11-08-2007, 09:09 PM
So I've been applying for engineering jobs since late Aug, had a few interviews that went well, and am confident something will pan out from them.

That said I just saw another job that would be real cool locally, and am going to apply. I just don't want to get into a situation that happened to me once before during co-op term where a better job is offered after I've accepted something else. I *could* screw a company, but I'd prefer not to be in the business of burning bridges, and if possible would like to confidently go back and forth between companies trying to get more money/benefits.

Whats the best way to let this company know that I want them to expidite? Would they even care or just say next? Probably matters the caliber of the applicant, great marks and good experience, but a new grad for an entry position none the less. I'm good in 'theory' but unproven in practice.

Mikaldor
11-10-2007, 06:26 PM
The best that you can do is to keep in touch with the companies that you have interviewed with and to let them know that you have a couple of other irons in the fire, and that your hoping to have made a decision on the company in the next couple of weeks.

You have to be pretty careful of putting pressure on them, as it could backfire on you, and most companies like to take their own sweet time in the hiring process.