PDA

View Full Version : H22a Mod

narou
11-09-2007, 01:52 AM
Ive been told that h22a blocks can handle 8 PSI on stock internals... I am seeking further verification, because I have searched and researched ever honda forum I can find and never get any consistent information... I am wondering if I will have an problems with the FRM sleeves which I doubt or the ring lands which ive heard have issues at 8 psi.

Fuel Rail
Pressure Regulator
Fuel Pump
CAMSHAFTS
CAM GEARS
VALVE SET
SPRINGS & TITANIUM RETAINERS
Hondata

I would most likely include this upgrades to the h22a along with psi on turbo... I have been told not to resleeve unless I want high boost of like 20PSI or more.. But ive been lead to believe that the cut off should be lower than that...

buh_buh
11-09-2007, 02:57 AM
its not the psi that matters, its the power you make.
8psi on a t3 is completely different than 8psi on a t4.

With that being said, you can make close to 300whp on a stock block on pump gas. Happy boosting.

narou
11-09-2007, 03:22 AM
sweet your the man thats about how much im aiming for.. I dont want all this slipping tire crap or even more power like closer to 400hp Dont make sense in a fwd car or any 15 year old car for that matter..... Probably would end up using the hybrid t3/t4 for turbo becuase thats what seems to be the most commonly used in turbo kits for h22a's..

Thanks again dude!

Skyline_Addict
11-09-2007, 03:34 AM
would you consider Supercharging? it's an efficient way to get some modest gains.

buh_buh
11-09-2007, 03:51 AM
supercharging is not that efficient.
You spend more money for less power.
Turbo is the way to go for these cars.

And you don't need all those mods to make 300whp. I did it with a stock head and block. That money is better spent on a clutch that can handle the power and injectors. No need for a fuel rail, fpr, or fuel pump either.

narou
11-09-2007, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict
would you consider Supercharging? it's an efficient way to get some modest gains.

I would rather not save up for a new h22a rather than my h23 just to supercharge it... Thanks for the input thought.

And you don't need all those mods to make 300whp. I did it with a stock head and block. That money is better spent on a clutch that can handle the power and injectors. No need for a fuel rail, fpr, or fuel pump either.

How did it work out is it still running without problems.. DId you do all of your own work like installing tunning etc?

EDIThow well does the stock prelude fuel pump do.. Would I be fine with just a regulator or do I not even need the rail or regulator?

buh_buh
11-09-2007, 11:31 AM
It ran perfectly with no problems at all for 2 years, then i decided to build the motor and im still working out some minor problems with that. Install's pretty straight forward, not too difficult, and you'll have to find someone to tune your car.

I used the stock fuel pump up until I built my motor, and I didn't even have a regulator. Stock fuel system except injectors. The less parts you replace, the less the chances of something going wrong.

narou
11-09-2007, 12:24 PM
Thats cool.. Here I was think the less I replace the more that could go wrong... For injectors if aiming for the 300hp would you say like 400-440cc injectors are idle?

narou
11-09-2007, 12:32 PM
do you use like hondata or anything like that...

edit: whoops I meant to edit my last post

vtec
11-09-2007, 07:35 PM
tuning will be the key to the whole reliability. If you want your motor to last running boost, dont cheap out on tuning.
As for a program, i would recommend Hondata. Im not to sure who around still tunes uberdata.

I myself have ran a boost h22 for the past two years. First year it was running 7psi, and eventually i wanted more power and cranked it up to 11psi. Unfortunitly the greddy turbokit that was available didn't make much power at 7psi. I've now sold that turbo and upgraded to a t3/t4 turbo. We'll see how things go next year.

Annoyingrob
11-10-2007, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by narou
400hp Dont make sense in a fwd car or any 15 year old car for that matter.....
Bah! Says you!

;)

narou
11-13-2007, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by Annoyingrob

Bah! Says you!

;)

sorry I should Have said that differently.. I meant it is no good for me.. I wouldn't want to handle more.. I can still respect the fact that 400hp and up is amazing and is something to brag about!

Annoyingrob
11-13-2007, 09:26 PM
I wasn't trying to insult you, I has just poking fun at your comment :)