PDA

View Full Version : Sony CEO sees 'stalemate' in disc fight

old&slow
11-09-2007, 06:17 AM
It aint ever gonna be over unless all the movie companies move to one side...consumers lose!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071109/ap_on_hi_te/sony_ceo;_ylt=As8gyoARj4Yn9A7vRz0DZPojtBAF

ZorroAMG
11-09-2007, 01:14 PM
I guess get a PS3 and an HD-DVD player?

old&slow
11-09-2007, 01:55 PM
That'd be my guess...sure looks like this format thing is gonna go a long ass time!

Tik-Tok
11-09-2007, 02:13 PM
Sony CEO sees 'stalemate' in disc fight

That's loser talk (whether it's true or not). A real CEO would lie and say their on top.

old&slow
11-09-2007, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

That's loser talk (whether it's true or not). A real CEO would lie and say their on top.

There will likely be a follow up doing damage control...

3g4u
11-09-2007, 03:34 PM
From what i see Blu ray seems to be winning, at blockbuster they have a wall of Blu rays and a row of HD, at Wallmart they have a huge display for Blu ray and a shelf in the back for HD, guy at blockbuster told me they rent 5X more Blu ray then HD? Will be interesting to see which prevails.:dunno:

Tik-Tok
11-09-2007, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by 3g4u
From what i see Blu ray seems to be winning, at blockbuster they have a wall of Blu rays and a row of HD, at Wallmart they have a huge display for Blu ray and a shelf in the back for HD, guy at blockbuster told me they rent 5X more Blu ray then HD? Will be interesting to see which prevails.:dunno:

In N.A. blu-ray seems to be ahead, it's the rest of the world that's still on the fence.

SNAATCH
11-09-2007, 03:38 PM
You can get players that play everything

Weapon_R
11-09-2007, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

In N.A. blu-ray seems to be ahead, it's the rest of the world that's still on the fence.

I'm not sure how long that's going to last with the xbox HD player coming soon and Toshiba's $98 unit being unveiled next week at Walmart. Not to mention that HD discs cost a lot less.

old&slow
11-09-2007, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by 3g4u

I wouldn't get too excited about one BB in your neck of the woods! This format thing won't be decided based on what a handful of canucks think anyway! :D

The Walmarts in the US now seem to be stocking HD DVD's like crazy.

old&slow
11-09-2007, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

I'm not sure how long that's going to last with the xbox HD player coming soon and Toshiba's $98 unit being unveiled next week at Walmart. Not to mention that HD discs cost a lot less.

I used to think the BD discs were cheaper too. Now I am reevaluating that thought. Seems that HD addicts http://www.hdaddicts.com/catalog/index.php show a lot more BD's are as cheap or cheaper and none of that Combo crap that just keeps raising it's ugly head!! $39 for a movie? wow!