PDA

View Full Version : Help! Lost phone

ryaraines
11-11-2007, 11:20 AM
My sister was at the Backalley last night, got into a checker cab (it was a van) and lost her brand new purple razor cell phone. Cab driver's name was Samson.

Just taking a chance that someone on here may have found it and is honest enough to return it.

PM me if found.

dj_rice
11-11-2007, 12:30 PM
Have you called the cell to see if someone has it?

ryaraines
11-11-2007, 01:11 PM
No it's blocked now.

Amysicle
11-11-2007, 03:49 PM
Blocked it as in, you called Telus/Rogers/Bell to stop all outgoing calls? Because you should still be able to make calls to it in that case.

Silly question, but have you tried calling Checker Cabs to see if they can contact the taxi driver?

Accord_tunerx
11-11-2007, 03:52 PM
^ call the checker cabs like amysicle asked...my friend lost his cell phone once in the cab called it the next day he was even nice...to drop it off at work for him

ryaraines
11-12-2007, 12:08 PM
Yes, it was reported stolen to the phone company and they put the block on it. She's also put in a report with Checker as we have the driver's name, etc and she knows the driver's name and that it was a minivan.

Oddly enough the first time she called the girl that answered put her on hold for 2 seconds and said yeah we don't have it and didn't offer to put in a lost report or anything and then the next time she called back the girl said something like, oh yeah it was a van right?and at that point offered to file the lost report. Seems a little strange to me.

ryaraines
11-12-2007, 12:10 PM
Also, when we tried calling it just plays that automated message "the customer you are calling is unavailable at the moment, please try again later."

topmade
11-12-2007, 12:17 PM
Did you put a block on it right away? Or did you give it a day or two to see if you can call it? I lost mine and a few days later my friend tried calling me and he talked to the guy (memoryexpress staff FTW!!) and he got it later for me. I know it's a risk but I was going to give it a week before I disabled it.

ryaraines
11-12-2007, 12:30 PM
The phone was left in the cab at 2am and it was called in and blocked at 9am. She didn't want to take the chance of someone making a ton of long distance calls on it then getting stuck with the bill.

Euro838
11-12-2007, 04:28 PM
If it's only a moto razor, go check out buysell and pick one up for cheap. They're a dime a dozen, hardly worth the hassle to track it down.

ryaraines
11-16-2007, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the idea
Just annoying that she only had the thing for a week!

gatorade
11-17-2007, 12:50 AM
haha my razor only cost me 50 bucks, seems like everyone breaks/loses these phones

brandon
11-17-2007, 05:36 PM
I have lost or broken 7 phones this year..
good call on calling it in right away as in september I had my phone "misplaced" at fuel.. and 2 days later there was $1,870 worth of charges to egypt and fiji..

rogers loss prevention FTW!
lol