PDA

View Full Version : Your 1/4 million dollar Benz has arrived.

Gripenfelter
07-15-2003, 08:34 AM
http://bilder.autobild.de/bilder/1/35312.jpg

http://bilder.autobild.de/bilder/1/35309.jpg

http://bilder.autobild.de/bilder/1/35310.jpg

http://bilder.autobild.de/bilder/1/35311.jpg

http://bilder.autobild.de/bilder/1/35416.jpg

http://bilder.autobild.de/bilder/1/35421.jpg

http://bilder.autobild.de/bilder/1/35419.jpg

http://bilder.autobild.de/bilder/1/35432.jpg

ACS-e36
07-15-2003, 08:35 AM
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :love: :love: :hitit:

redline_13000
07-15-2003, 08:38 AM
who let you into my garage? :drool:

Gripenfelter
07-15-2003, 08:48 AM
0-60 in 4 secs and a top speed of 200+mph.

http://1texfinn.cz28.com/images/slr1.jpg

http://1texfinn.cz28.com/images/slr3.jpg

B17a
07-15-2003, 08:51 AM
Does Rage or Kenny have their name on the wait list yet?

ZorroAMG
07-15-2003, 10:13 AM
LOL, yeah they're #1 and #2 in line :rolleyes: The first shots are the concept, the last one is the production car, slight differences but very close...watch out for this ferrari/lambo killer!

RiCE-DaDDy
07-15-2003, 11:00 AM
thats one slick engine bay

this car definitely fits into the penis extension category

bosa
07-15-2003, 12:00 PM
Thats a sick car! :drool:

I think its worth 250 g's. :thumbsup:

Hakkola
07-15-2003, 12:04 PM
Hot Damn. I already consider the 600's and amg's ferrari/lambo killers, this is nuts though.

turbojohngt
07-15-2003, 12:23 PM
Whoever penned/engineered that masterpiece,I hope they got a raise.Love my imports,but gotta say german people build the best cars bar none.Worth ever penny in my opinon.

Hakkola
07-15-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by turbojohngt
Love my imports,but gotta say german people build the best cars bar none.

Last time I checked, German cars were still imports. :D

[GaGe]
07-15-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
LOL, yeah they're #1 and #2 in line :rolleyes: The first shots are the concept, the last one is the production car, slight differences but very close...watch out for this ferrari/lambo killer!

i noticed they were different from the bumper.. the car's awesome..so expensive though, hehe.

5.9 R/T
07-15-2003, 01:28 PM
Are they keeping the side pipes on the production version? I love the looks of those, very slick!

Kamen
07-15-2003, 02:28 PM
Oh man that is quality ownage right there.

K271
07-15-2003, 02:39 PM
i saw that car at the detroit autoshow couple years ago, the concept of course, then saw another version of it last year at the NYC autoshow. It's hot, gonna costs some bling bling bling.

C. King
07-15-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
Hot Damn. I already consider the 600's and amg's ferrari/lambo killers, this is nuts though.

Well, you can consider them to be ferrari killers, but they aren't.

lammer
07-15-2003, 04:27 PM
I wanna win the jackpot!!

air_mikey
07-15-2003, 04:30 PM
DAMN!!! thats one nice car

Zephyr
07-15-2003, 04:35 PM
ill take one wrapped to go :love:

kaput
07-15-2003, 06:05 PM
It makes me think of a raptor, you know like some people resemble animals. I don't really like the gils on the side, or maybe they're scales, dunno. I don't really like the flat pointy nose either. The wheels gotta go, but thats easy to take care of. Otherwise I like it.

Toms-Celica
07-15-2003, 06:29 PM
Front looks a little monster like for my tastes

Hakkola
07-15-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by C. King

Not in handling, but there's a certain 4 door in the line up which will take a 550 maranello in the quarter mile. :D In my books that's a ferrari killer.

Can't wait til' the CL65 AMG is ready, 600hp. The current 600's have 500hp and 580 ft/lbs of torque. I believe the E S SL and CL class amg's will reach 190mph before any lambo or ferrari when limiters are removed and with proper tires. Ferrari cars arguably look better but from what I hear aren't too reliable, so I consider the new top end Mercedes models Ferrari Killers.

finboy
07-15-2003, 07:52 PM
bleck

mwmhong
07-15-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by kaput
It makes me think of a raptor, you know like some people resemble animals. I don't really like the gils on the side, or maybe they're scales, dunno. I don't really like the flat pointy nose either. The wheels gotta go, but thats easy to take care of. Otherwise I like it.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too, it looks sort of 'organic'

The front end looks like a catfish with whiskers.
From the side the 'gills' look like those of a shark.
On the back, I see the 'face' of a Manta Ray. It's got mean-looking bloodshot eyes and fangs with blood dripping out of the corners of its mouth. The wheels look 'aquatic', like something from the Abyss or the Little Mermaid.

04blackMAX
07-15-2003, 08:14 PM
to busy for me, i mean its tight but, for the cash id go lambo, or ferrari

/////AMG
07-15-2003, 08:17 PM
:hitit: :eek: :drool: MINE!:hitit: :eek: :drool: :drool: :drool: that car is too nice

rice_eater
07-15-2003, 09:08 PM
time to sell my neon and get me a couple of those :D

ZorroAMG
07-15-2003, 11:27 PM

When someone who owns both a 360 Spider and an SL55AMG says he finds his 360 boring after driving the SL for a while, I would tend to say it got killed. Which Ferrari in that price range has 512 ft lbs of torque? None.

C. King
07-15-2003, 11:32 PM

Not in handling, but there's a certain 4 door in the line up which will take a 550 maranello in the quarter mile. :D In my books that's a ferrari killer.

Can't wait til' the CL65 AMG is ready, 600hp. The current 600's have 500hp and 580 ft/lbs of torque. I believe the E S SL and CL class amg's will reach 190mph before any lambo or ferrari when limiters are removed and with proper tires. Ferrari cars arguably look better but from what I hear aren't too reliable, so I consider the new top end Mercedes models Ferrari Killers.

Well, if you're only concerned with 1/4 mile times then I'm sure you don't really care for Ferrari's, but which is probably why you are a big Mercedes fan.

Also, Mercedes reliability has been in the shitter lately, so if I had to choose, I would rather have a Ferrari in the garage than a Mercedes, because its a Ferrari.

You can call them Ferrari killers all you like, you'll be wrong, but you can do whatever you please.

C. King
07-15-2003, 11:34 PM

When someone who owns both a 360 Spider and an SL55AMG says he finds his 360 boring after driving the SL for a while, I would tend to say it got killed. Which Ferrari in that price range has 512 ft lbs of torque? None.

What Mercedes in that price range offers a manual tranny? Oh thats right, none. Also, yeah, the SL55 AMG is an amazing car, but I would still take a 575 over it. Its just as fast, and its naturally aspirated.

Also, whats wrong with this person who thinks that a 360 is boring? They must like the straight line cars a little much as well, I guess thats a common theme today though, the track car is only for real enthuasiasts.

But I guess if you're living a quater mile at a time, thats fine.:rolleyes:

Hakkola
07-16-2003, 12:42 AM
It's not really the quarter mile thing, I'm just saying it's pretty impressive, I think if I actually owned a ferrari I probably wouldn't bring it to the track, too risky unless I was worth at least 20 million.

Mercedes quality isn't as good as it used to be, but from what I hear ferrari's need constand attention.

I just really love the fact that I could take on a ferrari in an S Class.

Don't get me wrong though, if some one offered me a ferrari and an s class i'd take the ferrari.

I can call them ferrari killers and be right, but wrong as well, depends on what aspects of the cars are more important. 1/4 or skid pad etc... everyone is different, and in some ways the ferrari is better car, but in other ways the Mercedes will be a better car.

This is useless though, it really doesn't matter, I'd be happy owning either one. I think I'd take the SLR over pretty much anything in the market though.

4CylFiero
07-16-2003, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by kaput

Originally posted by Toms-Celica
Front looks a little monster like for my tastes

You know if I didn't log in to see the pics i would have though you guys were talking about a tiberon.

max_boost
07-16-2003, 01:34 AM
The luxury of having a 360 and a SL :drool:
Either one is fine with me :bigpimp:

nismodrifter
07-16-2003, 02:21 AM
i'll take the 560SEC conversion instead :D :D

I love the rear end of that benzo, looks so clean :drool:

ZorroAMG
07-16-2003, 09:04 AM

What Mercedes in that price range offers a manual tranny? Oh thats right, none. Also, yeah, the SL55 AMG is an amazing car, but I would still take a 575 over it. Its just as fast, and its naturally aspirated.

Also, whats wrong with this person who thinks that a 360 is boring? They must like the straight line cars a little much as well, I guess thats a common theme today though, the track car is only for real enthuasiasts.

But I guess if you're living a quater mile at a time, thats fine.:rolleyes:

Wow! Look everybody, we found the one and only "real enthusiast" on the internet!!! :rolleyes: If an SL55 is comparable to a 360, then an SLR will be no contest, n00b. Also, stop quoting TF&TF cause I see no imports being discussed here.

rice_eater
07-16-2003, 10:17 AM
On a different note...did anyone else notice how that thing is an AUTOMATIC!!! WTF???

Ben
07-16-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by rice_eater
On a different note...did anyone else notice how that thing is an AUTOMATIC!!! WTF???

Yeah. What about it?

Hakkola
07-16-2003, 10:33 AM
anybody know all the specs???

C. King
07-16-2003, 08:34 PM

Wow! Look everybody, we found the one and only "real enthusiast" on the internet!!! :rolleyes: If an SL55 is comparable to a 360, then an SLR will be no contest, n00b. Also, stop quoting TF&TF cause I see no imports being discussed here.

Oh really? The SLR will destroy it eh? Wow, you must be some kind of genious? Do you really think that the very top top top end of the line Mercedes will be able to beat the low end Ferrari? Holy shit, you should try and get a job in the auto business.

I was quoting TFATF because they were obsessed with the quater mile, just like Hakkola.

C. King
07-16-2003, 08:40 PM
It's not really the quarter mile thing, I'm just saying it's pretty impressive, I think if I actually owned a ferrari I probably wouldn't bring it to the track, too risky unless I was worth at least 20 million.

Mercedes quality isn't as good as it used to be, but from what I hear ferrari's need constand attention.

I just really love the fact that I could take on a ferrari in an S Class.

Don't get me wrong though, if some one offered me a ferrari and an s class i'd take the ferrari.

I can call them ferrari killers and be right, but wrong as well, depends on what aspects of the cars are more important. 1/4 or skid pad etc... everyone is different, and in some ways the ferrari is better car, but in other ways the Mercedes will be a better car.

This is useless though, it really doesn't matter, I'd be happy owning either one. I think I'd take the SLR over pretty much anything in the market though.

Well thats great you wouldn't bring it to the track, you would probably just rather look at, thats what they designed the car for...

Yeah, Mercedes quality has been far below average for a while now, Ferrari I don't know.

Yeah, you could take a Ferrari in a straight line, I'm really surpised that you used a straight line test again, you really seem to be a guy that would like to take it to the track.:rolleyes:

On the track, which is what the Ferrari is designed for, it will be better, and thats all that really matters, unless your just more happy with the 1/4 mile, which obviously you are because you're probably not capable of driving around a track. I'm sure your plenty happy driving the straight line, its a little more simple.

Super_Geo
07-16-2003, 09:12 PM
C. King,

You are one of the most negative people I've seen on these boards.

ZorroAMG
07-17-2003, 12:07 AM
C.King.....

Shhhh......you don't own a Ferrari or a Mercedes. Your knowledge, while it may seem intelligent to you, is just as biased as Hakkola's and I but we actually have reason to prefer our cars. We both drive a Mercedes, will always remain rather brand loyal and know that your Road & Track info spouting will not change our views. Ferrari's are fantastic machines but even with MB's quality "in the shitter" as you so eloquently put it, they are still much better put together than a carthat is for the most part driven 2 months out of the year.

If MB was a company only focused on developing sports cars, I would bet your house that they would STOMP Ferraris. For the record, even today the SLR's technology surpasses that of the top of the line Ferrari this side of the Enzo, so don't compare it to even a 575 Maranello- you have no idea as to what you are talking about. Drop it.

C. King
07-17-2003, 01:03 AM
C.King.....

Shhhh......you don't own a Ferrari or a Mercedes. Your knowledge, while it may seem intelligent to you, is just as biased as Hakkola's and I but we actually have reason to prefer our cars. We both drive a Mercedes, will always remain rather brand loyal and know that your Road & Track info spouting will not change our views. Ferrari's are fantastic machines but even with MB's quality "in the shitter" as you so eloquently put it, they are still much better put together than a carthat is for the most part driven 2 months out of the year.

If MB was a company only focused on developing sports cars, I would bet your house that they would STOMP Ferraris. For the record, even today the SLR's technology surpasses that of the top of the line Ferrari this side of the Enzo, so don't compare it to even a 575 Maranello- you have no idea as to what you are talking about. Drop it.

How is it biased? Oh thats right, it isn't at all biased, because I don't own either, so in fact, it is the exact oppisite, it is a completely subjective look at it, but thanks for pointing that out for me.

Oh thats what you would bet eh? Well I guess if thats what you think I will put my money on it. Of course Ferrari only puts its highest quality technology into its top of the line car you idiot, just like Mercedes only puts it top of the line technology into the SLR, the only difference is that the Enzo will destroy the SLR.

I didn't compare the SLR to a 575, I compared a SL55 to it, thanks though.

C. King
07-17-2003, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Super_Geo
C. King,

You are one of the most negative people I've seen on these boards.

Alright, thanks.

ZorroAMG
07-17-2003, 01:20 AM
C.King....you should quit while you are behind. Each time you post you fall further and further. Drop it. There is no way in hell ferrari has the same available R&D for its road cars as MB, therefore it's technology, while top-of-the-line in Ferrari's land, is not superior in MB. When was the last time Ferrari came out with any new tech advancements? Send cheque or money order payable to ZorroAMG, I am done with this...

C. King
07-17-2003, 01:28 AM
C.King....you should quit while you are behind. Each time you post you fall further and further. Drop it. There is no way in hell ferrari has the same available R&D for its road cars as MB, therefore it's technology, while top-of-the-line in Ferrari's land, is not superior in MB. When was the last time Ferrari came out with any new tech advancements? Send cheque or money order payable to ZorroAMG, I am done with this...

Yeah, you're right, there is no point in arguing, you're too stupid to understand.

rice_eater
07-17-2003, 02:56 AM

Yeah, you're right, there is no point in arguing, you're too stupid to understand.

Does your dick reach your ass? Then go fuck yourself...

E36M3
07-17-2003, 03:31 AM
Ferrari has an incredibly large R&D budget, because they heavily leverage the development that they do for Formula 1 in their road cars. In fact, I would wager that their development budgets, by model, are much higher than Mercedes.

Having said that, this is a useless discussion. The SLR is certainly not the drivers car that the Ferrari Enzo is, and I don't think it is trying to be. It is a halo car, and is designed more to be a super SL than anything else.

I also think that Mercedes and Ferrari have a completely different approach to their products. Mercedes generally goes with automatic transmissions (in over 90% of their North American cars anyway) whereas Ferrari sells predominantly manually shifted cars, which tells you a lot about their customer base. Mercedes has a much larger focus on luxury, where Ferrari tends to focus on the motorsport angle.

My experience with Mercedes in general has not been very good so far, and I am an owner of a new, high end Mercedes.

I drove the S500, S55, SL500, SL55, CL500, G500, G55 as well as the ML500, and Mercedes has some serious problems.

Having driven or been driven in recent Ferraris like the F355, F360 and 575M, I can tell you that the sound, handling, braking and acceleration of these cars is unlike anything I have ever experienced, when seen as a total package. (The E36M3 and Corvette Z06 might come close, but I would say that both still has a long way to go)

Ferraris have a soul and a character unlike anything else, and their German, Japanese and Americna competitors haven't ever been able to touch that (in my opinion).

If I end up with both in my garage, I will consider myself a lucky man.. I think they are quite compatible as stable mates. (Got an SLK55 on order, but I doubt I will end up keeping it)

GTS Jeff
07-17-2003, 10:38 AM
u guys shouldnt bother getting so worked up over c king. weve already figured out his problem.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=284757#post284757

/////AMG
07-17-2003, 10:59 AM
Is it $250,000 CANADIAN!?!?

Gripenfelter
07-17-2003, 11:34 AM
No that would be a bargain by current supercar prices. :D

Abom
07-17-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
u guys shouldnt bother getting so worked up over c king. weve already figured out his problem.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=284757#post284757

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

C. King
07-17-2003, 01:06 PM
Let me respond to you Jeff Type-R

-No trouble childhood
-Wrong again, although, that would have fallen under the first catergory
-Nope
-I'm not asian so I don't have that problem
-Again, I'm not asian
-I'm probably in way better shape than anyone on this board

Good try though