PDA

View Full Version : anyone have issues with acct210 at SAIT

ekguy
11-12-2007, 03:33 PM
dunno why but it's just not clicking for me. anyone else have problems with that accounting course. any resources for me to turn too to help me pass...i only have a month to get from an f to a passing mark.

DiEseL86
11-12-2007, 03:38 PM
Class is easy just do ur Lyrrx

but the Final is a Tough one!!

l/l/rX
11-12-2007, 03:46 PM
i say withdrawal and do it at night next semester instead of taking an F.

if you have an F now...you're MOST LIKELY NOT gonna pass the class. if you dont get what you did at the beginning of the year you're going to fail. the shit at the end of the year is way harder than the stuff learned at the beginning.

BUT...that also depends where you're are on lyryx...if you're all caught up 100% on lyryx (which i highly doubt), then you would have a change at passing the class since its worth 20% of your mark.

night courses at sait are a joke...do it at night, A LOT easier than during the day.

ekguy
11-12-2007, 06:12 PM
i suppose eh I been studying alot and we'll see what happens after next test

Stephen81
11-12-2007, 07:36 PM
i'm feeling your pain. i'm not failing but compared to the rest of my marks you'd think i wasn't even trying in acct210, which isn't the case. i find lyryx not only doesn't help cement my understanding of the concepts but often actually makes it harder. the problems in the text help me more but unfortunately they're not worth 20%

tacsniper
11-12-2007, 11:18 PM
While I am preparing for my next exam in ACCT 305, it makes 210 look like kingergarden class.... just pass the class and make sure you don't major in accounting if its not clicking for you.

m4rk
11-13-2007, 01:12 AM
there's tutoring at the testing center place

lyryx helps alot since the final is the same as the labs, just different numbers

WWJAI
11-13-2007, 11:06 AM
Yup doing tons of Lyryx questions helps a lot. Your going to have to spend your time studying the beginning of the stuff well because it is crucial to understand that part to understand the latter part of the course.

Besides, it's too late to drop the course now. Final drop date was last Friday I believe. Good luck.:thumbsup:

Amysicle
11-13-2007, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by m4rk
there's tutoring at the testing center place

lyryx helps alot since the final is the same as the labs, just different numbers

Agreed. Second level in the Heart building. It might help just having someone who knows what they're doing explaining it to you and clearing up any questions you may have.

I've been doing pretty well so far, but now I'm struggling with chapter 6 & 7.

BrknFngrs
11-13-2007, 11:32 AM
what material is covered in acct210? Is it financial or managerial?

rated_R
11-13-2007, 12:25 PM
Oh man if you having troubles in ACCT210 then you shouldn't be in Accounting...ACCT210 & ACCT240 is NOTHING compared to the classes you are going to be taking in your second year

lyryx sucks ass

WWJAI
11-13-2007, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by BrknFngrs
what material is covered in acct210? Is it financial or managerial?

It's covers financial accounting. It is the first accounting course in the Business Admin. program. (ie. learn debits and credits)

ekguy
11-13-2007, 12:58 PM
im not in accounting unfortunitely it's necessary for the financial services major which i am taking. I am talking to my student advisor today about dropping the class and being set back a semestre which is fine by me

ekguy
11-13-2007, 02:42 PM
class is dropped...thanks for the input...im taking it next semester

Stephen81
11-13-2007, 04:17 PM
^ are you still able to finish your diploma in the same amount of time? you just will have an extra course next semester?

Canmorite
11-13-2007, 04:21 PM
It's not for everyone, thats for sure. Best to drop it and take it up again in the next semester or over the summer (as quick as you can).

I hated it/still hate it. Its a tough course, for me.

l/l/rX
11-13-2007, 04:29 PM
do it in spring...spring courses are easy to! and they only last up until june or something.

honestly im all about the night/ spring courses. easy as hell. slack as fuck.

i've done 2 classes at night and during the spring. Got an A in stats and A+ in Bmat