PDA

View Full Version : Xterra Opinion?

Sailz
11-12-2007, 04:46 PM
Hey what do you guys all think of the 2nd Generation 2005-2008 Nissan Xterra's specifically in the loaded up SE and Offroad packages? I know quite a few of you on here drive them, what do you think of them. Likes and Dislikes, as well as any problems you have had with them?

Thanks

Toms-SC
11-12-2007, 09:26 PM
Do not buy it here. They are $13,000 cheaper in the States.

Sailz
11-12-2007, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Toms-SC
Do not buy it here. They are $13,000 cheaper in the States.

Haha Way ahead of you! I had a Lifted Tacoma at an amazing price lined up to be shipped up here, but then found out RIV is not allowing anything with suspension modifications to be imported so im now re-evalutating my options.

Mckenzie
11-13-2007, 08:19 AM
My mom has one and I love it- 2006 Fully loaded,etc.

I want to buy that thing when she is done with it- tons of power, roomy, looks sharp and has a rockin stereo.

No sunroof though :(

I give it :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Kona9
11-13-2007, 09:33 AM
I have the 06 Offroad. I love it! In the 6 speed it makes things quite a bit more fun.

I have had no problems with mine at all. Brasso Nissan has been very good to me during the ownership of my 05 Frontier LE and now this 06 X-Terra Offroad.

The stereo pounds for a "Rockford" set-up. 265 hp in the 6 speed gives you enough power when needed and pretty darn comfortable highway driving. I have been through one winter with mine and had zero troubles. Plenty of Storage and netting, hooks, etc.

I say go for it!! It's a great SUV.

JRSC00LUDE
11-13-2007, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Sailz

Haha Way ahead of you! I had a Lifted Tacoma at an amazing price lined up to be shipped up here, but then found out RIV is not allowing anything with suspension modifications to be imported so im now re-evalutating my options.

Too bad that didn't work out for you it was a nice truck. Did you have any trouble getting out of the deal? I don't have the xterra (just a girly xtrail haha) but I really like them and from what I know it's a great choice of vehicle.

Sailz
11-13-2007, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Too bad that didn't work out for you it was a nice truck. Did you have any trouble getting out of the deal? I don't have the xterra (just a girly xtrail haha) but I really like them and from what I know it's a great choice of vehicle.

No he was a good guy. I just explained to him my situation and how there are so many more US vehicles being imported to Canada that they are becoming stricter and stricter and because of that they are not allowing any vehicles with suspension modifications. I offered to pay for him to relist it on ebay but he never took me up on my offer.

Lagerstatten.ca
11-13-2007, 02:50 PM
I have the 05 XTerra Base model. I just needed a truck/suv quick as I was starting my new job the next day.

Gas mileage (city): 500km average on a full tank
Gas mileage (highway): 600km+ on a full tank
Suspension: Bumpy. You can hear and feel the road cracks.
Transmission: Automatic

I got mine from Brasso Nissan as well and I only have two complaints.

1. My SES light turned on after the first month. Brought it back to Brasso and they said it had to do with the Evap Canister. Said there was a lot of dust/dirt built up on it. So they replace it.

Drove it off the lot and not even a week after that, the SES light turned on again. Brought it back to Brasso and they asked what I did for a living and I told them I was an Environmental Consultant working in O&G doing wellsite testing. I drove on paved and high grade gravel roads (typical of rural Alberta and Saskatchewan).

What they said to me then was that the XTerra is not an offroad vehicle and that they will not repair the Evap Canister again. If I wanted to have it fixed, it'll be $750 bucks + labour. So I said fuck it.

2. The electronics suck! Most of my buttons on the center console don't work. I have the Nissan Protection Plan so I think that covers those repairs but I can't be too sure. Haven't had the chance to bring it in. An example of why the electronics suck: The internal cycling of the air button doesn't work. The LED turns on, but you can still smell the crap from outside being blown inside the cabin of the car.

Other than those two things (first one being the most serious), I've had my 05 XTerra for over two years now and it's been working fine for me.

-TT

bituerbo
11-13-2007, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Lagerstatten.ca
I have the 05 XTerra Base model. I just needed a truck/suv quick as I was starting my new job the next day.

Gas mileage (city): 500km average on a full tank
Gas mileage (highway): 600km+ on a full tank
Suspension: Bumpy. You can hear and feel the road cracks.
Transmission: Automatic

I got mine from Brasso Nissan as well and I only have two complaints.

1. My SES light turned on after the first month. Brought it back to Brasso and they said it had to do with the Evap Canister. Said there was a lot of dust/dirt built up on it. So they replace it.

Drove it off the lot and not even a week after that, the SES light turned on again. Brought it back to Brasso and they asked what I did for a living and I told them I was an Environmental Consultant working in O&G doing wellsite testing. I drove on paved and high grade gravel roads (typical of rural Alberta and Saskatchewan).

What they said to me then was that the XTerra is not an offroad vehicle and that they will not repair the Evap Canister again. If I wanted to have it fixed, it'll be $750 bucks + labour. So I said fuck it.

2. The electronics suck! Most of my buttons on the center console don't work. I have the Nissan Protection Plan so I think that covers those repairs but I can't be too sure. Haven't had the chance to bring it in. An example of why the electronics suck: The internal cycling of the air button doesn't work. The LED turns on, but you can still smell the crap from outside being blown inside the cabin of the car.

Other than those two things (first one being the most serious), I've had my 05 XTerra for over two years now and it's been working fine for me.

-TT

If it's not an offroad vehicle then why the fuck do they have an 'offroad' trim that comes available with a rear locking diff!?
Ask them for the part number for the 'offroad package' evap canister. If it's the same just smile and hand them the keys.

If they still refuse have the service manager put the reason in writing, and email it into Nissan Canada along with THIS (http://www.nissan.ca/en/vehicles/xterra/images/x4_lpi1.jpg) picture.

They are just being cheap and greedy.

ecstasy_civic
11-14-2007, 12:30 AM
Ive been looking at the Off-road as well.

From my test drive and doing some research it seems alright.

Im a little hesistant due to the shitty service ive recieved at EVERY Nissan dealer in the city.

Now knowing how much cheaper they are in the states I might have to make a road trip:D