PDA

View Full Version : Seven Restolounge

liquidboi69
11-12-2007, 11:59 PM
Hey guys, I just finally noticed that this restraunt is finally open, and was wondering if any of you have been there and got any comments about it?

Also i tried searching for the menu online, with no luck. Apparently its around $30 an entree which isn't all that bad according to this one review.

Just thought Id ask beyond to see if they had any experiences there.

adamc
11-13-2007, 09:05 AM
friend of mine works there, and I got the chance to have a sneak peek at the menu before the doors officially opened.

it all looked very well thought out and yes, very expensive.

I stopped in there last weekend for a drink downstairs, and to say hi to my friend. Brody Jenner was there monopolizing the bar counter (and therefore the women too) so I didn't stay too long.

R-Audi
11-13-2007, 09:37 AM
I went there on friday night... and being 27 I felt like one of the younger GUYS in there.... seemed like mostly 30+ crowd men.. and women were all over the place.
Seemed like another uppity lounge/restaurant in Calgary..

Splooge
11-13-2007, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by adamc
Brody Jenner was there monopolizing the bar counter (and therefore the women too) so I didn't stay too long.

who's brody jenner?

Redlyne_mr2
11-13-2007, 11:30 AM
That place is fucking hurt.. all old ass wanabes in there... I think 7 stands for the number of girls that frequent the place at night.

I hope the douche bag bouncer is on here cause it felt good paying you off to let me wear my AF1's in that shitty place. Go get a real job you clown.

cherpintow
11-13-2007, 11:33 AM
Went there after work on a Friday, here's the long and the short of it:

35+ year old single males wearing suits and more hair gel than you can find in the bulk bin at Costco. V to P ratio is poor. Fairly expensive drinks. Have to say the actual place is nice though, just not my type of crowd.

JWL
11-13-2007, 11:39 AM
I went there at the beginning of the month and found it too pretentious/snooty for my liking. I was expecting the place to be much bigger, but the Shiraz that I had was really good (don't remember what it was though). Anyway, just from a girl's stand point, it felt like I was in a crowd of wannabes or hasbeens. But I have to agree the place is nice, especially the bathrooms!

GQBalla
11-13-2007, 12:11 PM
me and my friends tried to get in once at like 1 o clock on a friday night, and the bouncer said we needed a membership to get in so late....

so we left and went to opus

l/l/rX
11-13-2007, 12:25 PM
i was there on thursday, inside is fairly nice.

id say the food is fairly priced. i had a mexican pizza just for a snack...$16, it was 10x better than joeys meditteraen (sp?) pizza.

drinks werent bad. $5.25 for a coors light.

our bill came out to $56. she had 3 martinis, i had 3 er 4 beers, 2 round of shots, and that pizza.

i think its a nice place to just go eat n shit, but definitely not a friday/ saturday night hangout.

lexIS300
11-13-2007, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
me and my friends tried to get in once at like 1 o clock on a friday night, and the bouncer said we needed a membership to get in so late....

so we left and went to opus

haha same thing happened to me and my friends

liquidboi69
11-13-2007, 12:39 PM
hmm, thanks for all the info, but i dont plan to go there for like lounging around. More so of a dinner earlier on in the day lol.

But if the apps are around like.... $10-15, and the entrees at like $20-40, im fine with that.

Yea I am difinitely younger lol... around 19 so man hope it isn't too awkward going for dinner there with someone.

GreenLude
11-15-2007, 03:52 PM
I've been there a few times for lunch. Food is really good but expensive. The crab cake burger and lobster club are awesome. I have heard most of the later night crowd is juice monkeys and no women. Service is okay and they try to push some membership card on you to get in free at nights.

Sonic_A4
11-19-2007, 04:56 AM
the place is created by the owners of earls, the created a ultra lounge with nightclub style and a elegant menu. Idea is like a met grill, resturaunt by day, serving executives in the downtown core for lunch and investor meetings and by night serving calgarys nightlife with a atmosphere of such as the met grill a high ultra class lounge with class and excitement

this place is a place to spend dollars and enjoy the fruits of life

urban.one
11-19-2007, 11:26 AM
Dont know if you made a mistake in your post but Seven and Metropolitan Grill have the same owners.

Earls is owned by Earls Restaurants.

Originally posted by Sonic_A4
the place is created by the owners of earls, the created a ultra lounge with nightclub style and a elegant menu. Idea is like a met grill, resturaunt by day, serving executives in the downtown core for lunch and investor meetings and by night serving calgarys nightlife with a atmosphere of such as the met grill a high ultra class lounge with class and excitement

this place is a place to spend dollars and enjoy the fruits of life

rm777
11-20-2007, 03:36 PM
What is with all the new bars/lounges that attract douchecanoes!?!?!? Whatever happened to going out and having a good time? In my opinion, this city has become full of people that go out just to be seen, not necessarily to have fun. Now that my favorite bar, the Blind Monk, has shut down, I'm FUCKED! Oh well...

l/l/rX
11-20-2007, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by rm777
What is with all the new bars/lounges that attract douchecanoes!?!?!? Whatever happened to going out and having a good time? In my opinion, this city has become full of people that go out just to be seen, not necessarily to have fun. Now that my favorite bar, the Blind Monk, has shut down, I'm FUCKED! Oh well...

VIP Styles man. calgary is getting pretty damn rich with quite a few rich folks that like to go out n party n spend money. theres gotta be places for them to kick it at.

think about it, there are soo many different kinds of lounges/ bars in calgary that in some way will fit evereyones genre.

fcuk_it
11-20-2007, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
That place is fucking hurt.. all old ass wanabes in there... I think 7 stands for the number of girls that frequent the place at night.

I hope the douche bag bouncer is on here cause it felt good paying you off to let me wear my AF1's in that shitty place. Go get a real job you clown.

ya that bouncer was a fuckin douche I had a guest list for my birthday and that faggot didn't let any of us in cuz we didn't have a membership

B17a
11-20-2007, 06:31 PM

Agreed. But from the business owner's standpoint. If you can get a bunch of wanabe's to fork out $13/drink and eat overpriced appetizers......sign me up!!!:bigpimp:

Impreza
11-20-2007, 06:44 PM

It's closed?!?!?

urban.one
11-20-2007, 07:11 PM
^^^ monk closed last week.

was a cool place but empty a lot of the time.

clockworkboy3
11-20-2007, 07:18 PM
Ohhh how I miss 3 cheers lol

bituerbo
11-20-2007, 07:43 PM
I drove by Seven and I kinda figured it was a wannabe hangout. I went for dinner at at the Met on Stephen Ave just last week and the food and service was great, but it was full of wannabe's flossing what they don't have. I saw way too many guys pulling pay-day loan moneyclips out of their mexx dress-shirts chest pocket.

I swear most of the people in there I recognize from being bartenders at some other place. Good luck getting a mortgage with your $24k declared earnings - I hope it's worth the $1500 you'll save on taxes this year.

[/rant about barstars]

kerry
11-20-2007, 08:00 PM
Seriously.... goto Opus instead.
Much nicer, better food and they have a GREAT dj on saturday nights if you like house.

adidas
11-21-2007, 02:01 AM
This thread is way too funny! :rofl:

urban.one
11-21-2007, 12:00 PM
Met on Stephen used to be a fun place to grab a drink afterwork on a Friday. But sadly your description is pretty accurate of what the crowd is like there today.

Its still a fun place in the afternoon and very early evening but after that, the downtown work crowd leaves and the crowd changes.

Originally posted by bituerbo
I drove by Seven and I kinda figured it was a wannabe hangout. I went for dinner at at the Met on Stephen Ave just last week and the food and service was great, but it was full of wannabe's flossing what they don't have. I saw way too many guys pulling pay-day loan moneyclips out of their mexx dress-shirts chest pocket.

I swear most of the people in there I recognize from being bartenders at some other place. Good luck getting a mortgage with your $24k declared earnings - I hope it's worth the $1500 you'll save on taxes this year.

[/rant about barstars]

l/l/rX
11-21-2007, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by adidas
This thread is way too funny! :rofl:

on the aspect of people judging the people that go to these places? ooor how shitty these places are because they cant get into them?

shox
11-28-2007, 11:41 PM
Blind Monk is re-opening in Rocky Ridge soon. Didn't have enough business to stay open in Mission so they relocated. Owner's a real nice guy! :thumbsup:

Impreza
11-28-2007, 11:42 PM
^Was the owner that big guy with the tattoos?

rm777
12-02-2007, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by shox
Blind Monk is re-opening in Rocky Ridge soon. Didn't have enough business to stay open in Mission so they relocated. Owner's a real nice guy! :thumbsup:

WRONG! Don't spread fuckin' rumours if you don't know what the fuck you are talking about. The Blind Monk moved because the new owner of the building wanted a ridiculous amount of money in the new lease. Business at the Monk was fine. Trust me.

max_boost
12-02-2007, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by kerry
Seriously.... goto Opus instead.
Much nicer, better food and they have a GREAT dj on saturday nights if you like house. Opus is pretty nice. Been there a few times but it's the Asian Invasion hang out.

GQBalla
12-02-2007, 06:56 PM
lol ouch ^^

im there quite often and i must say me and l/l/rX are guilty for being chinese.

JAYMEZ
12-02-2007, 08:49 PM
Opus is fun , all my friends are bartenders there. But yah it is pretty much an Asian Invasion hang out.... But who am I to judge , i work at the freakin Whiskey lol

GQBalla
12-02-2007, 09:08 PM
lol ^^^ werd...fridays is where its at

pinoyhero
12-09-2007, 06:03 PM
^^ Really, I've been there a few times and it was totally dead, must have been the wrong nights. I do like it there though nice spot for a cocktail.

will_e_chill
12-18-2007, 09:24 AM
went to seven restolounge (have to add that one to my vocab) last weekend with the gf for dinner. expensive atmosphere and priced like it.

i thought the food was good, similar to the met. they have the same owners. on side note, has anyone been to tommy burger bar (also owned by same people)?

we ordered the tuna tataki for an appy which was good but pricey (common theme here).

gf ordered the nicoise salad, which was a small salad served with the same tuna as the appy. she gave it the thumbs up.

i ordered the sea bass with yam fries. the fish was served on a bed of veggies and included 3 mussels. the sauce was tasty and the fish was well prepared. i thought the best part was the yam fries but i really like sweet potatoes fries.

overall service was fine. we sat upstairs in the dining area. we were finished dinner and out of there before 9pm so the crowd was fairly sedate. downstairs seemed a little livelier with a bigger bar crowd. they do have nice bathrooms but nothing i havent seen in other high end restos before. besides who goes to a restaurant because they have a nice pisser?

i would say seven is very similar to the met for food quality and service. i wouldnt go back unless the company or someone else was paying because it was a little pricey. i think our tab for two was around $75 without drinks.

rating: 4/5

liquidboi69
02-17-2008, 05:04 PM
K sorry to bump up an old thread of mine.

Seven still seems to be a pretty bad place from what I hear from you guys lol. I was planning a large dinner with some friends on Wednesday and was wondering if you guys got any recommendations to local nice atmosphered hangouts that caters to a crowd of 18-21 year olds and around 20 of us.

I've tried phoning Opus a few times to see if they do resos, but they never answer the phone...

Thought about Seven again, but some of us don't want to spend so much for so little at this place, and by the description of the crowd there I think ill pass, but this is a wednesday not a weekend.

Also thought about Wild Ginger just because its a large area, and I dont think I'll have troubles getting in there, the stuff is not too expensive and what not, and I really like the black and red theme.
Only bad side is, its owned by Paul Vickers so I dont know how good it can be.

Once again, can anyone suggest to me a lounge of some sort for around 20 people on a thursday evening at around 6:30-7??

Any help would be sweet, thanks guys.

Kona9
02-17-2008, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by liquidboi69
if you guys got any recommendations to local nice atmosphered hangouts that caters to a crowd of 18-21 year olds and around 20 of us.

Once again, can anyone suggest to me a lounge of some sort for around 20 people on a thursday evening at around 6:30-7??

Earls / Joeys Then...let me guess.....Tequila to show everyone you and your friends run the city? :rofl:

liquidboi69
02-17-2008, 05:31 PM
Nah lol, were humble people, Dont want to go to a place where I dont belong you know.

I dont like Earls or Joeys.

I dont mind spending 30-50 for a plate. Just that I can't find anywhere to accomodate for 20 people.

But thanks for your advice... I was hoping to check out republik on saturaday since i've been hearing good things about it.

But thanks for the advice for Tequila, maybe if im in the mood to rail a 14 year old..

89coupe
02-17-2008, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by R-Audi
I went there on friday night... and being 27 I felt like one of the younger GUYS in there.... seemed like mostly 30+ crowd men.. and women were all over the place.
Seemed like another uppity lounge/restaurant in Calgary..

LOL, I was there Friday night, and yeh the average male age is probably 35-40.

But the average female age is probably 20-25

They like us older guys.:rofl:

Kona9
02-17-2008, 05:43 PM
Nah lol, were humble people, Dont want to go to a place where I dont belong you know.

I dont like Earls or Joeys.

I dont mind spending 30-50 for a plate. Just that I can't find anywhere to accomodate for 20 people.

But thanks for your advice... I was hoping to check out republik on saturaday since i've been hearing good things about it.

But thanks for the advice for Tequila, maybe if im in the mood to rail a 14 year old..

haha I wouldn't call it advice. More so me being a dink. You took it well!

Quite off the range of your spending and this may not be as up there as some of the places you were suggesting, but wouldn't Narrah in Marda Loop suit your neeeds? It's a chill place with good DJ's, service, atmosphere.? :dunno:

liquidboi69
02-17-2008, 05:45 PM
Narah does sound good but 20 people is a lot lol

I go there a lot already, but the music is too loud, would like to be able to talk too.

But thanks for the suggestion. Any heard stuff about Wild Ginger other than expensive food, hot employees, and nice decor?

max_boost
02-17-2008, 05:48 PM
Crush Lounge on 12th/12th SW

Food is decent and pricing is very reasonable. Decor is up to date and modern. Service has always been good and not to mention some really hot servers who actually know what they are doing.

I recommend the Hawaiian Crush Martini!

Give them a call, maybe they can set something up.

max_boost
02-17-2008, 05:53 PM
Also, Ten Scene on 10th/10th NW in Kensington. Heard some good things about them too.

liquidboi69
02-17-2008, 05:55 PM
Hmm I'll check them out too, hoping they'd have a site but no luck.

Thanks Boost.

max_boost
02-17-2008, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by 89coupe

LOL, I was there Friday night, and yeh the average male age is probably 35-40.

But the average female age is probably 20-25

They like us older guys.:rofl:

There must be a high concentration of gold diggers in that place haha

l/l/rX
02-18-2008, 06:22 PM
K sorry to bump up an old thread of mine.

Seven still seems to be a pretty bad place from what I hear from you guys lol. I was planning a large dinner with some friends on Wednesday and was wondering if you guys got any recommendations to local nice atmosphered hangouts that caters to a crowd of 18-21 year olds and around 20 of us.

I've tried phoning Opus a few times to see if they do resos, but they never answer the phone...

Thought about Seven again, but some of us don't want to spend so much for so little at this place, and by the description of the crowd there I think ill pass, but this is a wednesday not a weekend.

Also thought about Wild Ginger just because its a large area, and I dont think I'll have troubles getting in there, the stuff is not too expensive and what not, and I really like the black and red theme.
Only bad side is, its owned by Paul Vickers so I dont know how good it can be.

Honestly if you go eat around 630-7 on the weekday OR the weekend you'll be fine (as long as you have reso's).

Does the crowd bother you THAT much that you'll avoid a place? Im 20, turning 21 this year (so around the same age as you), and wherever i go i rarely judge the place by what kind of cliental it brings in. as long as its fun, nice, good music, good food, decently priced, then its a good place in my books.

liquidboi69
02-18-2008, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by l/l/rX

Honestly if you go eat around 630-7 on the weekday OR the weekend you'll be fine (as long as you have reso's).

Does the crowd bother you THAT much that you'll avoid a place? Im 20, turning 21 this year (so around the same age as you), and wherever i go i rarely judge the place by what kind of cliental it brings in. as long as its fun, nice, good music, good food, decently priced, then its a good place in my books.

Nah it doesnt bother me too much, I got resos at Crush already :D thanks to boost's suggestion.

Its just hard to get resos for a bunch of 18-21 at many restraunts / lounge thats why i specifically did it on a weekday so its not as hard.

Now that thats done, any Suggestions to as... what to do after on a wednesday night? cuz we dont want to stay at Crush for too long after the dinner.

Any nice hang out spots suggested would be nice, thanks.

l/l/rX
02-18-2008, 06:54 PM

Nah it doesnt bother me too much, I got resos at Crush already :D thanks to boost's suggestion.

Its just hard to get resos for a bunch of 18-21 at many restraunts / lounge thats why i specifically did it on a weekday so its not as hard.

Now that thats done, any Suggestions to as... what to do after on a wednesday night? cuz we dont want to stay at Crush for too long after the dinner.

Any nice hang out spots suggested would be nice, thanks.

wednesday nights are boring. the only place you'll be going to is a lounge. and even then the lounges wont have and DJs spinning. if you guys want to party hard, wednesday night is not the night to do it. thursdays are 10x better.

liquidboi69
02-18-2008, 08:06 PM
The problem is my brother came down from Edmonton from school, and I dont want to take too much of his time for studying so.. thats why i chose wednesday.

Lol well we'll see what we can do i guess...

sl888
02-19-2008, 01:54 AM
Me and my gf wanted to try this place. Went there sunday afternoon, closed. Came back next sat afternoon, closed. Booked it for Valentine's day. Food was good. Service was ok. Got my gf's order wrong and waiting time is a little long but it was not bad but not great. I might go back just to try the lobster club cause that sounds :drool: .

liquidboi69
02-20-2008, 04:37 PM
What a gong show lol, I got my resos back at Opus, So if i got time ill make a review for this place for dinner and apps and drinks.

max_boost
02-28-2008, 03:13 PM
Sorry to bump the thread guys but going to a friend's party this weekend.

I'll be going down with my GF around 11pm on Saturday night. Is this a good time to go? Don't want any hassles.

Does it turn into a bar or is there still sitting areas? How about food service? Loud music? Just trying to gauge in advance what things will be like.