PDA

View Full Version : I need a Rex

Lo Pro
07-15-2003, 01:23 PM
Im looking for crx between the years of 88 and 91. Im only looking at spending about two grand and that slims down my options but if you know of anything let me know thanx.

TypeSly
07-15-2003, 07:14 PM
I've been looking for one (unger 3G) for over 2 yrs, with decent kms and decent condition. I finally got one last week w/ body work from hell and a gay rice painted interior :(

Good luck!

88CRX
07-15-2003, 07:34 PM
good luck but it isnt gonna happen. rarely are second gens every for sale for less then $3000 and the rare ones that are..... well your gonna spend a couple bones fixing them up.

heres a word or advice.... save your money and buy a crx in mint condition WITHOUT RUST.... it will be worth it in the long run.

C_CRX
07-15-2003, 08:46 PM
Man, I never knew CRXs were so popular! When I bought my first CRX there were barely any near me. Now I see wayyy more around town. I've been considering selling my CRX lately and starting a new project car. But mine won't come THAT cheap- especially with my numerous extra parts (including rear disc brake swap parts, rare stock JDM/Euro power windows, other JDM/Euro parts, Zdyne Gold SECU, etc..).
But I'm still undecided if I should keep it or sell..

CRXguy
07-15-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX
heres a word or advice.... save your money and buy a crx in mint condition WITHOUT RUST.... it will be worth it in the long run.

I hope you don't mean ORIGINAL paint and body parts/pieces. Maybe, and that's a big maybe if you brought one over from the warmer states in the U.S. I've seen quite a few "mint" CRX's over there.

Lo Pro
07-16-2003, 12:44 PM
C_crx what would you if you did sell your car how much would you want for it

C_CRX
07-16-2003, 06:39 PM
Haven't really thought about a price.. Entertaining offers ATM. I really don't want to sell before I find a car to replace it with- unless someone offers me enough. But heres a little about Old Yeller anyways! Trades of 240sx's would also be considered.. :D

It needs a bit of work still, body work mostly. Has the popular rear wheelwell rust and a slightly dinged front fender. Barbados Yellow Y-49 color! Comes with lots of extra parts from my old 90 CRX Si- some extra doors, extra near mint seats, glass, JDM/Euro parts, etc. Really way too many extra parts to list, most from my previous CRX. Might even throw in this old stereo system I have laying around if the price is right, 2 12" SoundStream subs w/ box and a SoundStream Lil' Wonder amp. Also comes with 3 CRX Si ECU's- 89 Si, 90 Si and a Zdyne Gold SECU w/ Vtec option (would consider selling for less without the Zdyne). Also has an AEM CAI.

Engine in it is has had it's timing belt replaced within the last 15K km and more recent maintenance of new O2, fuel filter, etc (it's actually a 90 Si engine/tranny from my previous CRX).. Newer, by previous owner some 3-5 years ago, CV joints, exhaust and rad. Runs great! Clutch is also stiff but I like my clutches stiff (might be adjusted too high, or clutch cable, or clutch going)!

Interior is near mint- all parts are there and still great condition (ie- nothing in the back is broken or missing like so many other CRX's). Rear hatch struts actually work too!

If you, or anyone, is interested then make an offer. PM or e-mail is best.

CRXguy
07-17-2003, 11:08 AM
C_CRX,

Please PM me these JDM/EDM parts you're talking about, and whatever stock 90-91 parts you have laying around!

Thanks dude!

buh_buh
07-17-2003, 11:14 AM
I think tbk49 is selling a CRX, pm him

Lo Pro
07-17-2003, 11:45 AM
c_crx i really dont need any extras on this car you could take out the system because i already have one and all those extra parts i dont really need. Whats a zydene or what ever i havnt heard of that. I dont like making offers so give me a price range your confortable with and let me know.

C_CRX
07-17-2003, 06:50 PM
Lo Pro: Stereo system isn't in this car, never has been and never will be for however long I own it. Weighs it down too much.. :P
The Zdyne is a programmable ECU. Very good for precise tunning to get the most power and mileage! Check their site at www.zdyne.com It's a Zdyne Gold SECU with the clutch cut & Vtec option.
I still don't know a price- basically just taking offers and if any are good I'd sell! I'm in absolutely no rush to sell. Forgot to mention it comes with 2 sets of rims/tires.

CRXguy: The JDM/EDM parts I have are things like power windows, foglight switch and a few other small things that escape me ATM. 90 Si parts I have are anything I could tear off my old CRX before I got it hauled away. Things like rear disc brakes, some interior pieces, tail lights, doors, headlights, seats, etc.. etc.. WAYyyy too much to list and some of it is being used in my 89 CRX Si. No more engine engine/tranny, guage cluster and heater controls.

I really don't want to sell the parts seperate from the CRX. I'd rather it all be sold in one package. But if the price is right I would! But if I keep the car I'm keeping everything, it was meant to be a project car in the first place! I know several of these parts, seperately, could fetch a nice price on Ebay but I just don't have the time lately to package/ship things.

CRXguy
07-17-2003, 07:10 PM
C_CRX: Would you be willing to part with the headlights and brackets(if you have any)? Do you have '90 front and rear bumpers?