PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Ionizers

misterrick
11-13-2007, 04:44 PM
could someone please help me explain to my brother how stupid the idea of a fuel ionizer is. for some reason he seems to beleive it will actually help. i told him not to waste his time and put on the msd coil and cap he has sitting on the floor and that it will make 100% more difference than some stupid little box that you hook up into your fuel line. if anything i could see these being dangerous....electric current and fuel dont go together too well in my books....

alloroc
11-13-2007, 07:10 PM
Unless the MSD allows him to teak his timing advance it isn't going to help much either. Most modern cars have more than enough spark stock. But at least there is a theory behind the technology that 'could' help.

Petrochemical Ionization on the other hand is a joke. Look at the chemical structure of most petroleum products. They are balanced, they have no free electrons and are not easily 'ionized' nor do they have magnetic poles so they can be magically lined up in your fuel line. You won't get better mileage and you wont get more hp.

Didn't Mythbusters try one of those things in one of their fuel mileage episodes?
Myth busted.