PDA

View Full Version : Teapot (asian cuisine in Harvest Hills NE)

copynpaste
11-14-2007, 05:27 AM
This place just opened up not too long ago, was able to check it out Monday morning for dim sum with about 9 others.

I was very impressed - everything from the lighting, to the fancy but crisp decor and plating was very elegant. Its not your typical run of the mill asian cuisine restaurant, this is an upscale restaurant. In fact sitting inside there, it didnt even feel like being in an asian cuisine, but more so a fancy Italian restaurant or steakhouse. Nice warm atmosphere with lots of browns and reds. The spacing was near perfect inside, lots of extra room to move around and not crammed like in practically all asian restaurants.

Food was also very good - the first thing you will notice is that this place uses real "high quality" ingredients in their dishes. Even the way they present their dishes, the dishes themselves, chopsticks, etc...tend to be much more modern than most asian cuisines.

Also, another thing is, this place is ran by the same guy who owns the restaurant over in T&T Marlborough (that one happens to have a very good reputation) so no surprise this one is continuing on.

Service was quite good, probably one of the very very few asian restaurants that Ive gone to where they actually greet you and thank you for your service as you walk out.

Dishes were a bit on the expensive side, but once you try the food there you will know why...its definitely worth it in how damn good the food tastes. And also dont forget, you dont have to pay for parking as opposed to in Chinatown.

Everyone should check it out, I will definitely be going back very soon and trying out their dinner menu.

Now for thier hours I am not sure but I do know they do dim sum on weekends (might even be everyday), and this place is packed on the weekends from what I hear, so expect lineups or book for reservations.

Food - 10/10
Atmosphere/Comfort - 10/10
Service - 9/10
Pricing - 8/10

Overall - 9/10

JordanAndrew
11-14-2007, 06:57 AM
good to know it's getting some good reviews from people. I happen to live close by so I shall try and drop by to check it out.

Ferio_vti
11-14-2007, 08:21 AM
I was there on Sat afternoon. Didn't want dim sum, but we ordered a couple thing off the dim sum menu and some stir fry noodles. 15 minutes later, they tell us they don't have noodles available, so we order a few more dim sum items. Another 10 minutes later and they tell us some other stuff we ordered wasn't available either.:thumbsdow So we just left instead of waiting to see what else isn't available.

Most stuff on the regular menu looked good, but pricey and a smaller selection. But pricey, in the sense that it not the regular stuff found the franshise's other restaurants. Personally, I'd rather drive farther for more selection and better prices. I don't know about most people, but I was expecting something more along the lines of a 'cha tan tang' like Pebble Street or Sun Chui Kee.

Anyone know if they serve late night 'da lang'??

samo147
11-14-2007, 02:39 PM
anyone have the address?

Speed_69
11-14-2007, 02:43 PM
I've heard that this place is really nice but that the pricing is pretty rediculous for chinese food.

Street_Soldier
11-14-2007, 02:45 PM
do they have the sphegetti with cream sauce?

98type_r
11-14-2007, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Speed_69
I've heard that this place is really nice but that the pricing is pretty rediculous for chinese food.

:werd:

I was there for dinner in Sunday night, food was good quality, interior decor is nice but I would agree with the OP in saying it was like a steakhouse or Italian restaurant. Felt like a slighltly more upscale type of HK style diner.

Prices on average are ~$3 higher per dish, and portion sizes are a bit smaller than you would see elsewhere IMO. Presentation is nice, they like to use oversized service plates for some dishes. I don't mind paying a premium for quality and service but in this case I don't think it was justifiable.

Service is slow, we ordered 5 dishes and 3 came out within a few minutes of each other. Then there was a 15-20 minute window where we were waiting for the last 2 dishes to arrive. Granted they were steamed dishes so prep/cooking takes a bit longer. But you would expect a half competent kitchen to take that into consideration so all dishes get out within a reasonable time of one another. We also had to wait for several servers to walk by before someone noticed we needed more rice.

SikAssR1
11-14-2007, 03:09 PM
The Asian community is pretty large in the NW area. I think most will sacrifice the increase in price, then drive 20-15 mins to Chinatown for decent food. I went there on Sunday and it was packed. I was with my family and gf (6 adults, 2 kids) and the bill came out to 82.00 dollars. A bit expensive but the dim sum was pretty good.

s2k_boi
11-14-2007, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti
, but I was expecting something more along the lines of a 'cha tan tang' like Pebble Street or Sun Chui Kee.

You've only been to the one side 'Tea Pot'. It suppose to be like the one in NE split (Pebble Street etc) but named Calgary Court... I was told that it's opening in the next few weeks....

dennisaur
11-14-2007, 03:36 PM
my friends and i weren't too impressed with this place. food was just average in our opinion and yeah it was ridiculously expensive for the dishes, but i guess all that decor needs to be paid for somehow.

i would rather get prompt service and decent food elsewhere, at prices that i'm used to from a chinese restaurant.

Justing
11-14-2007, 04:02 PM
service 9/10?!??!?!

wah hai... a chilese restalrant wif goot service?? HA?!?!?

srsly... prices cant be THAT bad, chinese food is cheap as it is, i'd rather pay a bit more to sit in a clean area with some decent service.

i'll check it out soon, good review:thumbsup:

topmade
11-14-2007, 04:49 PM
I live close by and will probably try it soon. I have been going to places outside of Chinatown cause it's so damned packed for Dim Sum. A bit over $3/dish isn't bad as most of them are $2.50+ even for cheap stuff.

cdnsir
11-14-2007, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by copynpaste
Also, another thing is, this place is ran by the same guy who owns the restaurant over in T&T Marlborough (that one happens to have a very good reputation) so no surprise this one is continuing on.

I'm afraid the Calgary Health Region will say otherwise about this restaurant chain. Look up Sun Chiu Kee and Calgary Court (this particular restaurant is not archived on there as it happened prior to 2005) on CHR's site and you'll see what I mean.

Coincidently, these two restaurants are still in operation except both have since changed names...

rx7boi
11-14-2007, 06:32 PM
food wasnt THAT good

i went there on sunday for dinner - they had 1 side of their menu glued over because the new chief couldnt make some of the dishes

the price of the food is debateable since they do give you big portions

szw
11-14-2007, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by cdnsir

I'm afraid the Calgary Health Region will say otherwise about this restaurant chain. Look up Sun Chiu Kee and Calgary Court (this particular restaurant is not archived on there as it happened prior to 2005) on CHR's site and you'll see what I mean.

Coincidently, these two restaurants are still in operation except both have since changed names...

When did Calgary COurt change its name and to what?

cdnsir
11-14-2007, 08:04 PM
I think both places kept their Chinese names while changing their registered English names. But I can't quite remember what they are called now though.

Ferio_vti
11-15-2007, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Street_Soldier
do they have the sphegetti with cream sauce?

Originally posted by s2k_boi

You've only been to the one side 'Tea Pot'. It suppose to be like the one in NE split (Pebble Street etc) but named Calgary Court... I was told that it's opening in the next few weeks....

I didn't know there's supposed to be a split with a Cha Chan Tang/HK cafe coming later. But as of Sat, there was no HK cafe menu items.

Ferio_vti
11-15-2007, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by topmade
I live close by and will probably try it soon. I have been going to places outside of Chinatown cause it's so damned packed for Dim Sum. A bit over $3/dish isn't bad as most of them are $2.50+ even for cheap stuff.

Some items at Tpot were reaching $6....

topmade
11-15-2007, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti
Some items at Tpot were reaching $6....
SONOFABITCH!!:eek: , nah that's still not that bad. We don't go often so it doesn't really matter, I don't mind paying more as long as it's worth it. Will be going to try it tomorrow with the family.

cloud7
11-15-2007, 11:51 AM
I went there for dinner last Saturday night. The place was packed but that is to be expected since it just opened. Had to wait for ~15 min despite having a reservation. The original dinner menu was printed wrong and there is page glued on in the menu to cover up the mistake, but still I found a couple of mistakes on the pasted on sheet.

The overall decor was good and open. It is a very spaceous restaurant... kind of unexpected from the outside. The legs of the tables were huge and limited leg room if you happen to be sitting directly in front of them.

The service was above average for a Chinese restaurant but they probably brought in more people from other restaurants in the chain to make themselves look good for the opening week. We will see how long it will last. Tea refills were kind of slow though and rice came after the first couple of dishes came.

The food was ok... there are some innovative dishes there that you can't eat anywhere else. There are not as many items on the menu as I like, but as my gf told me this is the trend of restaurants... too downsize the number of items and specialize in those items... go figure... It is apparent that they use a lot of MSG at this restaurant, just like what they do at the other restaurants in the chain. Dishes were too salty for my taste but some people may like eating MSG... I don't know.

Prices are expensive, just like all the restaurants in the chain, but if people are willing to pay, there is no reason to drop prices. Calgary prices are ridiculous... you can eat the same thing in Vancouver or Toronto for $3 per dish less, which adds. We ate some ordinary dishes (nothing fancy) and paid ~$95 plus tips for the five of us.... we ordered 4 dishes and a soup and rice.

Food - 8/10
Atmosphere/Comfort - 8/10
Service - 8/10
Pricing - 6/10

Overall - 7.5/10

icecreamvan
11-15-2007, 10:24 PM
Wow...10/10 for a chinese joint. Either you work there, or you don't get out much.

copynpaste
11-16-2007, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by cloud7
Dishes were too salty for my taste but some people may like eating MSG... I don't know.

Thats why you ask for no MSG on your dishes. I do that everytime I eat at asian restaurants.

cloud7
11-16-2007, 11:42 AM

Thats why you ask for no MSG on your dishes. I do that everytime I eat at asian restaurants.

There are a few authentic Chinese restaurants that doesn't add MSG at all...

Sometimes you can't avoid MSG even if you ask for it since they use MSG on meats when marinating.

npham
11-19-2007, 08:36 PM
I've been there this week and I don't know how everyone is giving such high reviews of this place. It's not that nice inside, everything is new so obviously there is going to be some perks, but the dishes are beyond welfare.

The food is average at best, the rice(shrimp, squid, scallops) dish was oily and bland. The other dishes I had were the chicken peanut garlic thing. It looked and sounded quite promissing, but ended up turning out pretty awful considering they forgot about my order and it was late by a good 15 minutes after my first two dishes came out.

Service was average too, not too speedy and if you don't speak some variation of chinese, it might be difficult ordering.

6.5/10

kenny
11-19-2007, 08:57 PM

:rofl: and the person that is taking your order nods, writes down what you order, and its cooked normally (with MSG).

lilmira
11-19-2007, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by kenny

:rofl: and the person that is taking your order nods, writes down what you order, and its cooked normally (with MSG).

Wrong again! It will be cooked with extra stuff.

saiyajin
11-19-2007, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by lilmira

Wrong again! It will be cooked with extra stuff.

yummm floor spice!!

topmade
11-19-2007, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by kenny

Depends on the restaurant I guess. My wife worked at a few and I worked at a take out place and if no msg was requested, they won't put any in, but they will tell you which items that are pre-marinated and will have msg. Some people say they are alergic to it :dunno: so if it's added it's a health risk and possible liability.

Xtrema
11-20-2007, 12:07 AM
ok, anyone give 10/10 to any Chinese joint for atmosphere doesn't go out much.

The only time you can get 10/10 is if you're the only table. Once it's more than a hand full of tables are filled, with tile flooring and open ceiling, you will fucking go deaf. Chinese MUST be spoken on top of your lungs to be heard.

This is the same @ Sun's, Pebble Street and Calgary Court. Forbidden City and most dim sum places are better because they use carpet and that absorbs some noise.

Food, nothing special. No where near Vancouver/Toronto standard but ok for Calgary.

Price, is fucking nuts but make sense. I'll charge that much too if I own the joint. In the end, Chinese people like to eat and there's no competition in that area. The closest good dim sum joint is 16th Ave or up @ Edgemont. So may as well set it high and see how the business goes. Plus, there are shit load of wealthy mainlander immigrants and our economy is hot, most won't bitch about the price. Also, what do you expect when the Chinese name of the restaurant means Big Wealthy Family (A Mainlander term).

If I have to rate it:

Food: 8/10
Atmosphere: 8 when empty, 3 when full
Service: 5/10 but it can only improves once staff are trained, I hope.
Price: 6/10

Overall, I'll give it 6 with a possible 7.

If they really want to go high class like the decor, they need to do something about the noise. Not just the price.

I probably won't go there again but will end up there anyway.

clem24
11-20-2007, 12:40 PM
Maybe OP works there? Or related? That's a pretty smokin' review of a Chinese place operated by the same owners of Calgary Court (ok), Forbidden City (pricey!!!), Sun Chiu Kee (ok), Misai (1000000% rip off crap) and Pebble Street (rip off). And doesn't seem to agree with the general consensus of the thread.

Makes absolutely no mention of the food or what was ordered, what was offered, and how it compares to other restaurants, similar restaurants that OP tried, etc.... Just a big rant about how great the atmosphere is... I prefer dingy places that serve great food over some "high class" place that serves mediocre for $$$$. I don't think atmosphere and chinese food go hand in hand...

On a related note, didn't they also open a Calgary Court there or something?

Eken9
11-20-2007, 11:43 PM
Overpriced ordinary chinese food. Food came out really fast, great service that's about it.

Food - 4/10
Atmosphere/Comfort - 6/10
Service - 9/10
Pricing - 4/10

Overall - 4/10

KLCC
11-24-2007, 07:59 PM
We went there today for Dim sum and to summarize our experience today, it was an absolute disgrace

Initially we gave the waitress our order for dim sum, chatting and enjoying the wait for our food to come. 30 minutes later, no food. Hmm, something doesn’t feel right…..then 50 minutes has passed, still no food. My thought at that moment, is the food currently been prepped? Or it is being grown?? Either way, it must be some really delicious food for it takes its sweet time to come.

Again time goes by, still no food, at that time we decided it is time to inquire one of the managers on the status of our order, and it was to our surprise that the waitress has misplace the order and it was never recorded on the system. That is when we got very pissed, storm off and had our food across the timmy's

Rating:
Food - N/A
Atmosphere/Comfort - 7/10
Service - -3/10 (trying waiting for food that takes over an hour to order)
Pricing - 6/10 (judging from the menu, each dim sum starts at 4+ dollars, a bit high to my taste)

Altezza
11-25-2007, 08:11 AM
Funny how some of you comment about service at Chinese restaurants. Go to the right restaurants in Van or TO, and you will get waited on hand and foot. But be prepared to pay $7+ for the smallest dim sum dish! Good service at a Chinese restaurant? Yes, it's most definitely possible!

I'll check out this place tomorrow.

nnnnny
11-25-2007, 10:54 AM
overpriced, food sucks, very bad service ... thats it

Machi
11-26-2007, 12:56 PM
I've been there twice.. both for dim sum.. doubt I'd go back again

Food - 5/10
Atmosphere/Comfort - 7/10
Service - 5/10
Pricing - 5/10

12-03-2007, 08:49 PM

He also owns Calgary Court which does not have such a good reputation haha, or at least not that I know of.

Anyways, haven't eaten at T.Pot yet but it does look really nice. Whenever I go by it it seems empty though, it might just be my timing though. I'm surprised it doesn't get packed like Sun's but I guess it is because of the price difference.

FYD524
12-04-2007, 01:02 PM
I've been there a number of times for Dim Sum and Dinner, simply because it's convenient.

Ambiance - 8/10
The decor and furnishing are decent for a Chinese restaurant. Definitely better than the majority of the other Chinese restaurants in Calgary. If I had to impress someone with a Chinese restaurant in Calgary strictly based on this factor, T.POT sits near the top of my list.

Food - 8/10
Most of the food I've had from there has been fairly good. In terms of food quality, it does it a better job than the other restaurants from the owner. The fried rice is awesome. The dishes on the menu aren't as conventional as many other restaurants, but nothing exceptionally unique.

Service - 4/10
Slow and unresponsive. Less than a handful of competent servers exist under that roof. Their hiring process is pretty lax as far as I've seen, so the quality of their employees is questionable. I don't think I've waited longer for a few plates on Dim Sum. Once I waited half an hour for some congee. Unacceptable.

Pricing - 2/10
My greatest criticism of the place is the pricing and value. Prices are 10%-50% higher than comparable dishes at other restaurants. The food comes in smaller portions that most other restaurants. The Dim Sum is pretty average. T.POT absolutely falls flat on its face in, at least in terms of value for its food. If for anything, you're paying for the ambiance.

Overall - 5.5/10
Maybe a once in awhile type of restaurant for me, and probably only because it's so close to where I work. Worth going to at least once, but not for Dim Sum. I might as well walk over to T&T and get that for half the price.

tson
12-05-2007, 01:31 AM
fyd u must be white right?

the_last_chance
12-05-2007, 02:05 PM
actually no, he is chinese

clem24
12-05-2007, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by the_last_chance
actually no, he is chinese

Ahahahaha, I think it's the "the fried rice is awesome" comment.. :rofl:

Xtrema
12-05-2007, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by clem24

Ahahahaha, I think it's the "the fried rice is awesome" comment.. :rofl:

:rofl:

Machi
12-07-2007, 10:06 AM
there's actually a review for this restaurant in the calgary sun today... they rated it 3 1/2 out of 5..

dragonone
12-07-2007, 09:03 PM
for dim sum, it's the best place in calgary
i don't think this is an opinion of taste - they have a head chef for dim sum and several original items that others don't have. however, it is common practice for this food 'corporation' to not have such a head chef there after several months, and the ppl making these dishes will be merely copycats (not as good as the original imo)
most places in town (i won't name them since i'm not sure about which ones do have their own chef) buy their dim sum in bulk and frozen, the worst would have to be the one in dragon city. on separate occasions i've had siu mai with frozen centers
i just think it's a little expensive - a plate of cheung fun is $5.50, that's almost seven dollars with tax and tips
if i lived in the NW it would be my first choice

Goo_wak_jai
12-12-2007, 12:02 AM
This place just opened up not too long ago, was able to check it out Monday morning for dim sum with about 9 others.

I was very impressed - everything from the lighting, to the fancy but crisp decor and plating was very elegant. Its not your typical run of the mill asian cuisine restaurant, this is an upscale restaurant. In fact sitting inside there, it didnt even feel like being in an asian cuisine, but more so a fancy Italian restaurant or steakhouse. Nice warm atmosphere with lots of browns and reds. The spacing was near perfect inside, lots of extra room to move around and not crammed like in practically all asian restaurants.

Food was also very good - the first thing you will notice is that this place uses real "high quality" ingredients in their dishes. Even the way they present their dishes, the dishes themselves, chopsticks, etc...tend to be much more modern than most asian cuisines.

Service was quite good, probably one of the very very few asian restaurants that Ive gone to where they actually greet you and thank you for your service as you walk out.

Dishes were a bit on the expensive side, but once you try the food there you will know why...its definitely worth it in how damn good the food tastes. And also dont forget, you dont have to pay for parking as opposed to in Chinatown.

Everyone should check it out, I will definitely be going back very soon and trying out their dinner menu.

Now for thier hours I am not sure but I do know they do dim sum on weekends (might even be everyday), and this place is packed on the weekends from what I hear, so expect lineups or book for reservations.

Food - 10/10
Atmosphere/Comfort - 10/10
Service - 9/10
Pricing - 8/10

Overall - 9/10 :eek:

redbeast
12-15-2007, 11:50 AM
I have been there the week they were open. Yes I agree the inside decor is very nice and not your typical chinese setting.

Service was horrible right of the bat. It took forever for our waitress to come even after calling her.
Food took a very long time even though the restaurant was not at full capacity. When one of the first dishes arrived we noticed another waitress or food runner walking around with no direction all confused and not knowing where to bring the dish. We saw her walk around the whole restaurant until our waitress scolded her and told her to read the ticket which had the table number.
Out came the 2nd and 3rd dish and same thing happened, our food travelled around the restaurant before landing on our table.
Service is very disorganized there, food is decent and yes I agree the price is more expensive then the competition. Portions are definately smaller.

I was reading an earlier post that the owner of this place owns the restaurant by T&T NE. I have no idea how they are even related cause the service and quality is totally different. Anyways
I will not be returning to this place.

dragonone
12-17-2007, 06:48 PM
uh.... same bad service there lol
they're the same waitresses, and servers, workers that have a set premium instead of tips

tson
12-20-2007, 08:03 PM
dont go thier it is a ripp off

copynpaste
12-21-2007, 05:15 AM
^ I agree to that to some extent. If you want value and within the area go up to Shanghai classic up by the Beddington Co-op, its not bad for the price. Its the complete opposite as T-Pot, you walk in and it feels like youre in a large bedroom haha...literally no decor or atmosphere at all, but the food and portions and pricing is more balanced than T-pot.

Splooge
12-21-2007, 10:37 AM
ate there last night. food was ok, service was typical of a chinese restaurant. i give it a 7/10. though i was high when i ate which probably enhanced the experience haha

shadowz
01-09-2008, 12:28 AM
Food is really good compared to some of the shit holes in calgary, but.... the service licks my balls, it took forever for the food to come and the waitress brought me my milk tea in a cracked glass while it was leaking all over and just set it down and walked away, but honestly what else do you expect from a chinese restaurant??? Go to golden inn if you want some entertainment from the waiters, but other than that live with it lol and yes im chinese

cloud7
01-11-2008, 05:55 PM
I have been there a couple more times since... to have lunch. I have a few observations:

-If you sit at the restaurant area, you are not allowed to order food served in the HK Cafe area... but if you are in the Cafe area, you are allowed to order dim sum... what logic is that??? that's why the Cafe area is packed full and the restaurant area now has open sits... I guess the novelty of a new restaurant has worn off.

-The place is dirty and the employees are dirty... In the Cafe area the floor is a mess with water all over the floor... someone can get really hurt. When I was there, a waitress was trying to wipe the floor because she spilled something on the floor. She used a couple of Napkins and wipe the floor with it using her hand. Afterwards, she threw the Napkins away but she didn't wash her hands or anything... She proceeded to pass tea and food out to a couple of tables with her dirty hand. Then another waitress who was putting clean plastic cups (for tea) away in a stack dropped an entire stack of cups (probably around 10 cups) on the dirty floor. She just picked up the cups and continue stacking them with other "clean" cups as if she didn't drop the cups on the floor...
:dunno:

Let's see how long it would take for the CHR to serve this restaurant with a warning...

dragonone
01-11-2008, 07:50 PM
ahah here we go again
but i doubt they can shut his restaurants down, he's so loaded it's not even funny

lilmira
01-13-2008, 08:36 PM
I'm no fan to his restaurants neither.

MSG fully loaded, price isn't exactly cheap, service is mediocre if you are lucky.

If they are careless handling food/food container.... in front of customers, guess how good they are in the back.

JordanEG6
07-06-2009, 12:16 PM
Although I agree with the Food being good and all and they actually do have better food than some of the places in Calgary. I've been there a few times and I've had good experiences there.

But after seeing this, I dunno if I wanna go back. My cousin found this in her Fried Rice which clearly, CLEARLY, looks like a used Band-Aid. :barf: :barf:

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff142/jordandino/misc/bandaidtpot.jpg

The worst part is, the waitress argued and claimed it was just a peice of 'dried up pork'.

Seriously?!

Finding a used bandage in the food is one thing, but to not own up to the mistake and say 'it's fine, it's just dried up pork' is another. Needless to say, it was clearly bullshit and didn't end up eating it. But what if it happened to some poor, retarded sap that bought the story and continued eating!?

That's just fucking gross.

flipstah
07-06-2009, 02:25 PM
It's super-pricey, portions are small and there's better, cheaper places in Calgary.

I ordered an appetizer of Pork intestines and it reeked. They didn't wash it AT ALL. Improper prepwork. :thumbsdow

GQBalla
07-06-2009, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by JordanEG6
Although I agree with the Food being good and all and they actually do have better food than some of the places in Calgary. I've been there a few times and I've had good experiences there.

But after seeing this, I dunno if I wanna go back. My cousin found this in her Fried Rice which clearly, CLEARLY, looks like a used Band-Aid. :barf: :barf:

The worst part is, the waitress argued and claimed it was just a peice of 'dried up pork'.

Seriously?!

Finding a used bandage in the food is one thing, but to not own up to the mistake and say 'it's fine, it's just dried up pork' is another. Needless to say, it was clearly bullshit and didn't end up eating it. But what if it happened to some poor, retarded sap that bought the story and continued eating!?

if i was your cousin, and the waiter did that to me...i would have said fine you eat it and see whats up :D

cityhunter2501
07-06-2009, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla

if i was your cousin, and the waiter did that to me...i would have said fine you eat it and see whats up :D
:werd: :werd:

if they manned up, I would resume eating.
if not I would walk out.

jennyfifi
08-13-2009, 07:43 PM
I was registered at your forum. I have printed the test message. Do not delete, please.

:burnout:

gratuit pour mobile sonnerie portable mp3 (http://sonneriegratuite.org/) - Sonnerie portable MP3 est en effet un pouvoir de l'innovation technologique. Ętes-vous familier avec cette sonnerie portable?gratuit pour mobile sonnerie portable mp3 (http://sonneriegratuite.org/)

anhsicun
08-15-2009, 08:21 PM
if your not chninese this place sucks balls, i tried asking for paste hot sauce and white pepper, it took me at least 30 mins casue none of them unstood english. one person had to go ask another and then come back and say " We Don't Have", at the very end i had to get the store manager to get me some hot sauce and white pepper. :thumbsdow

copynpaste
08-15-2009, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by cloud7

-The place is dirty and the employees are dirty... In the Cafe area the floor is a mess with water all over the floor... someone can get really hurt. When I was there, a waitress was trying to wipe the floor because she spilled something on the floor. She used a couple of Napkins and wipe the floor with it using her hand. Afterwards, she threw the Napkins away but she didn't wash her hands or anything... She proceeded to pass tea and food out to a couple of tables with her dirty hand. Then another waitress who was putting clean plastic cups (for tea) away in a stack dropped an entire stack of cups (probably around 10 cups) on the dirty floor. She just picked up the cups and continue stacking them with other "clean" cups as if she didn't drop the cups on the floor...
:dunno:

Let's see how long it would take for the CHR to serve this restaurant with a warning...

My thoughts on teapot have completely changed - and after seeing that bandaid pic uhhh.

About a month ago I saw a dead rat, yes a freakin DEAD RAT just outside the front doors of Teapot laying on the rocks! I couldnt believe my eyes. How the fuck does a rat get anywhere near a restaurant? My guess is it came off the truck :eek:

I would also be weery about that T&T right beside it now cause I know theres mice in there.

2Valve0
08-20-2009, 07:37 PM
the food here has turned into shit

Freeskier
08-20-2009, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by 2Valve0
the food here has turned into shit

Do you mean it's gone downhill? or you've digested what you ate there?

samo147
08-20-2009, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by JordanEG6

Seriously?!

thanks for the warning dude...
i only ate there a few times ill try to avoid it from now on...

nasty!!!

Gibson
05-29-2010, 01:58 PM
So, my mom and a relative went up there for lunch and brought back some leftovers. They said the service was good and I tried some (it was unfortunately really tasty) and I was thinking maybe this place isn't so bad.

Until this showed up in my fried rice.

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/7385/dsc0071copyq.jpg

:barf:

lilmira
05-29-2010, 07:38 PM
Fried lice yum.

Never like that place. I don't know why people would wait half an hour for sub-par service, hit or miss over-priced food with tons of msg.

eglove
05-29-2010, 07:45 PM
is that a woodbug???

copynpaste
05-30-2010, 02:29 PM
Ya wtf is that? lol. Avoid teapot at all costs.

First the bandaid, then the huge dead rats outside their front door, and now the lice worm? gross.

Am I the only one who thinks that place needs a health inspection check?