PDA

View Full Version : Calgary Herald - November 13th

lastskpirate
11-14-2007, 05:25 PM
So being the dumbie that I am...i forgot to buy this paper yesterday when I was supposed to because someone in the family convocated from U of C and there was supposed to be something about it in this particular paper.

is there anyone out there that has yesterday's issue that they would like to give or sell to me. muchly appreciated

eina15
11-14-2007, 05:27 PM
Just in case no one here has any - you might be able to get one from the actual Herald. Sometimes local convenience stores still have copies of papers from the day before. Or, maybe restaurants (like Dennys?) that offer courtesy papers might have some still lying around.

GL!

Jlude
11-14-2007, 05:37 PM
I've got yesterdays paper still sitting in my office... you can have it... what are of the city are you in.

toyboy88
11-14-2007, 05:59 PM
Hey I got the whole paper from Nov 13 you can have for free (tho a can of redbull would be nice haha)...

Anyways I'm located 5 min north of downtown just off centre street, let me know if you want to pickup...I can leave it outside for you if you want!

Cheers.

SOAB
11-14-2007, 08:01 PM
$3 for a day old newspaper?? what a rip!!! :rofl:

Kobe
11-14-2007, 08:47 PM
$3.22 ;)

Gainsbarre
11-14-2007, 08:53 PM
um...stupid question.

What page is the ad on? I can't seem to find it in the Nov 13 edition of the Herald...

lastskpirate
11-14-2007, 08:56 PM
i am not sure....apparently U of C sent out a notification email that the ad would be printed in the Nov 13 Calgary Herald....
well i hope its in there ...else i am going through all this effort for nothing :dunno:

Gainsbarre
11-14-2007, 09:04 PM
Yeah, I got the same email...

Well I went through it twice....I don't see it there.

narou
11-14-2007, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by eina15
Just in case no one here has any - you might be able to get one from the actual Herald. Sometimes local convenience stores still have copies of papers from the day before. Or, maybe restaurants (like Dennys?) that offer courtesy papers might have some still lying around.

GL!

lol sometimes.. Haha convieance stores always have extra copys.. If its the day after chances are you can but it the next day.. Usually the herald only picksup ther newspapers once a week from some stores!

A790
11-14-2007, 09:45 PM
Sorry for sounding dumb, but what do you mean by someone convocated from the U of C?

msouther
11-14-2007, 10:07 PM
I work at the Herald and if you want a copy, you can just come by the building and talk to the Reader Sales people straight ahead through the front doors. Not sure what the charge would be on that paper, but we always sell back copies. Not sure how many we keep etc., but if it was only yesterday we would have some for sure. I work in Advertising so I don't know much about that part of the business, but feel free to ask any questions if you have any!

Ajay
11-14-2007, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Gainsbarre
Yeah, I got the same email...

Well I went through it twice....I don't see it there.

:werd:

I looked through the paper twice and it wasn't in there at all. I received the same email.

In the same email it did say they would publish all the names in the Gauntlet on November 15. Think I might just stop by the U and grab that tomorrow instead and see if my name is in there.

Originally posted by A790
Sorry for sounding dumb, but what do you mean by someone convocated from the U of C?

Convocated = Graduated

TeamBestBud
11-15-2007, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Ajay
Convocated = Graduated

George Strombolopolous?

Gainsbarre
11-15-2007, 10:43 AM
Just a heads up...the ad is actually in TODAY'S Herald (15 November). Page E5, if I heard correctly.

rc2002
11-15-2007, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by TeamBestBud

George Strombolopolous?

He didn't even get a real degree. It's an "Honourary Degree". Meaning he didn't do anything to get it.

bigboom
11-15-2007, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by richardchan2002

He didn't even get a real degree. It's an "Honourary Degree". Meaning he didn't do anything to get it.

yeah but his show on cbc rocks.