PDA

View Full Version : Hitting the mid-section

rmk
11-14-2007, 07:10 PM
Hey everyone

Lately I have been hitting the gym 2-3 times a week, tons of cardio, and #1, less beer and shit food.

I have noticed some great results (for me) so far, but the one part that I want to hit, but for some reason not getting the most, is my obliques.

What can I do to shrink this area?

http://healthinfousa.com/ebaylisting/st1.jpg

QuasarCav
11-14-2007, 07:12 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/195093/how-to-loose-that-damn-gut/

Darkane
11-14-2007, 07:14 PM
Hehe, sorry this is not what you wanted to hear.. But you can't. Spot fat reduction isn't possible without some form of surgery, naturally cannot be done. YOu need to continue to drop your overall bodyfat %.

Start by drinking a lot of green tea (1-1.5L a day), cutting Carbs 5hours before bed, and Doing 45 minutes of low intensity walking (125-130BPM) EVERYDAY. Enjoy your sixpack.

If you also want to add muscle at the same time It can be done with slightly slower results but the fat loss will be more permanent.

KRyn
11-14-2007, 07:14 PM
If you want to have a shredded stomach be prepared to diet HARD! Having a visible six pack is more about diet and your body fat levels than anything else.

Darkane
11-14-2007, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by KRyn
If you want to have a shredded stomach be prepared to diet HARD! Having a visible six pack is more about diet and your body fat levels than anything else.

Why do you have to Diet hard? The problem is people want abs NOW NOW NOW, why not take a slower approach and make them LAST.

rmk
11-14-2007, 07:17 PM
Thanks for the link Quasar. That one really talks about diet, which I feel i have under control, I guess i'm looking for some surefire exercises to hit the obliques.

Darkane
11-14-2007, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by rmk
Thanks for the link Quasar. That one really talks about diet, which I feel i have under control, I guess i'm looking for some surefire exercises to hit the obliques.

Working the muscle will not make them appear. Bodyfat percentage will do that, usually 10% for abs, and 8% and under for obliques.

rmk
11-14-2007, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Darkane
Hehe, sorry this is not what you wanted to hear.. But you can't. Spot fat reduction isn't possible without some form of surgery, naturally cannot be done. YOu need to continue to drop your overall bodyfat %.

Start by drinking a lot of green tea (1-1.5L a day), cutting Carbs 5hours before bed, and Doing 45 minutes of low intensity walking (125-130BPM) EVERYDAY. Enjoy your sixpack.

If you also want to add muscle at the same time It can be done with slightly slower results but the fat loss will be more permanent.

lol Dude you know how crazy I am with the green tea.. remember that pm?

Any ideas about some exercises to hit the obliques?

edit: Just read your above post.

KRyn
11-14-2007, 07:20 PM
YOu need to continue to drop your overall bodyfat %.

How can you drop body fat by continuing to eat shit and guzzling beer?

I mean you could do it if you spent all day in the gym but realistically you will not get shredded unless you are eating well and the correct amount.

Darkane
11-14-2007, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by rmk

lol Dude you know how crazy I am with the green tea.. remember that pm?

Any ideas about some exercises to hit the obliques?

edit: Just read your above post.

Lol now that you mention it yeah :). Ok one thing to cross of the list.

As for Excersizes ask and you shall recieve. Enjoy ;)

http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

rmk
11-14-2007, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Darkane

Lol now that you mention it yeah :). Ok one thing to cross of the list.

As for Excersizes ask and you shall recieve. Enjoy ;)

http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

Wow, dude. Just what I was looking for. Muchos gracias for the link!

JAYMEZ
11-14-2007, 08:36 PM
Like everyone else said , you cant just hit the stomach , its actually one of the LAST things to start showing , so you need to drop your body fat under 9percent. For me , my arms get more defined , then legs , then chest and shoulders... then lastly stomach.

But diet and cardio are your main things you need to concertrate on... Cut the carbs , lots of Tuna/Chicken/Spinach/Egg whites and tons and tons of water.

The only thing that can concentrate on getting your stomach fat away is HGH lol.

Darkane
11-14-2007, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by rmk

Wow, dude. Just what I was looking for. Muchos gracias for the link!

np