PDA

View Full Version : Car Starter Error! help!

MikeAg
11-14-2007, 09:57 PM
I just recently got a cm4200 compustar car starter installed and after last night my car didnt start...with the remote starter or manually. I drive a manual transmission by the way. I finally got it to start manually by putting the key into the ignition but it has to try really hard to turn on...and on the display of my remote it shows zzzzzzzz on top of the car display. Now i can unlock/lock my car with the remote but i cant start it. Please...if anyone can figure out the solution i would be very grateful. Thank you.

narou
11-14-2007, 09:59 PM
put it out of gear:bigpimp:

ca18det240sx
11-14-2007, 10:03 PM
If you have a 5 speed it will require to set the park brake, put it in neutral, keep your foot off the brake, turn the ignition off, the car should stay running, now get out and shut the door, car should turn off, alarm should arm. Thats the only way the start function will work. as for your car starting hard...is it turning over slowly? could be your battery is needing a change, or your alternator isnt charging it.

hope that helped

88CRXGUY
11-14-2007, 10:07 PM
I have the compustar 2w8000fmr and those zzz on top of your car means that its in valet mode. Now I'm assuming that you have the same remote that I do, so what your going to do is press l+lll(at the sametime) for one second. The zzz's should go away and then try to start it. This mode is for when your take the car to the dealer or someone that doesn't know the system uses your vehicle.

Ca18det is right partly. Now when the car is running have the car in neutral and set the parking brake. Once you set the parking break you should be able to hear a click noise coming from your dash. Once you hear the click you can take out your keys, your car should remain running. Get out of the car with your keys and shut the door, the car should arm and turn off by itself. Then your remote should sound and tell you that your car is off and that the alarm has been set.

11-14-2007, 10:09 PM
the ZZZzzzz means it is in remote valet.. check your manual for the button combo to take it out or on the back of the remote, i think its 2 and 3 but not sure. also if starter kill was installed thats why it wont start with the key, you have to press unlock on the compustar first.

11-14-2007, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by 88CRXGUY
I have the compustar 2w8000fmr and those zzz on top of your car means that its in valet mode. Now I'm assuming that you have the same remote that I do, so what your going to do is press l+lll(at the sametime) for one second. The zzz's should go away and then try to start it. This mode is for when your take the car to the dealer or someone that doesn't know the system uses your vehicle.

Ca18det is right partly. Now when the car is running have the car in neutral and set the parking brake. Once you set the parking break you should be able to hear a click noise coming from your dash. Once you hear the click you can take out your keys, your car should remain running. Get out of the car with your keys and shut the door, the car should arm and turn off by itself. Then your remote should sound and tell you that your car is off and that the alarm has been set.

damn jumped the gun.

ca18det240sx
11-14-2007, 10:13 PM
^yup hes right i forgot about the zzzzz, the remote is in teh wrong mode as he said lol. Better to be partially right than not right at all (=

I have a compustar, but i dont have starter installed (=

MikeAg
11-15-2007, 09:55 AM
I got a 2WFM and i tried the I+III and it showed a a little like martini cup with a bolt at the bottom right. It is in neutral with park brake and i always do the reservation mode properly. Any other ideas?

11-15-2007, 10:37 AM
press 1 and 3 again untill nothing shows up.

MikeAg
11-15-2007, 11:00 AM
tried and nothing...wow my car barely started this morning

11-15-2007, 11:09 AM
It kinda sounds like a battery issue now to me, if your car barely started that seems like a charging/batt issue, if it was the remotestart and the immobilizer was the problem quite frankly it just wouldnt start at all.

MikeAg
11-15-2007, 12:46 PM
maybe its the battery then...and o ya i jus remembered...when i started it this morning all the stereo settings were set to default/or very low

cmodem
11-15-2007, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by MikeAg
maybe its the battery then...and o ya i jus remembered...when i started it this morning all the stereo settings were set to default/or very low

battery is discharged... go take it out and get it load tested at part source or something... if you weren't having this problem before the install maybe the guys who installed it messed up the wiring and is draining it or something.

Or maybe it's a coincidence your battery decided to die at the same time. But get it checked before buying a new one and you'll know for sure.

TomcoPDR
11-15-2007, 07:27 PM
Ha guys, I'm hijacking, but don't wanna whore out another thread.

2 years ago, I recommended a friend to go to Derdall Designs for a 2-way, and fatass Derdall installed his house brand of ALL-START.

PROBLEM:
The friend calls me 1 month ago, saying that the lock/ unlock feature don't work. (the remote START works, and when you press lock or unlock it blinks at the screen BUT not do anything at the door)... So he starts using the remote, and use factory door fob to lock/unlock. :(

The vehicle: 2005 Chevrolet 2500 HD diesel crew-cab 3/4ton.

11-15-2007, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR
Ha guys, I'm hijacking, but don't wanna whore out another thread.

2 years ago, I recommended a friend to go to Derdall Designs for a 2-way, and fatass Derdall installed his house brand of ALL-START.

PROBLEM:
The friend calls me 1 month ago, saying that the lock/ unlock feature don't work. (the remote START works, and when you press lock or unlock it blinks at the screen BUT not do anything at the door)... So he starts using the remote, and use factory door fob to lock/unlock. :(

The vehicle: 2005 Chevrolet 2500 HD diesel crew-cab 3/4ton.

Your friend is just plain lucky it hasnt burned to the ground yet. take it somewhere and have a shop redo the install so it doesnt still burn to the ground.... +1 for derdall designs.

88CRXGUY
11-15-2007, 10:33 PM
^^haha yeah don't get us started on Derrel Designs lol.