PDA

View Full Version : 3 inches of blood: fire up the blades

asp integra
11-14-2007, 10:20 PM
i have liked these guys for a while but have really got into them lately, just picked up their new cd "fire up the blades" and i just have to say that it is really really good. gets me so amped up to ride and do pretty much anything, i recomend this cd to anyone who is into this kinda music

also what other good bands in this genre compare to 3 inches? im looking for some new stuff as well, but havnt been able to find and metal as good as 3 inches that i relaly like to listen too

ahreganno
11-14-2007, 10:28 PM
Try As I Lay Dying there my favorite band. they have wicked guitar and breakdowns. you should give them a listen

MackDawg
11-14-2007, 10:45 PM
As I lay Dying CD is pretty tight with a lot of double pedal drums and guitar rifs

Some of my new favorite bands this year

-August burns Red
-Darkest Hour
-Himsa
-Unearth
-Caliban
-Evergreen Terrace
-All That Remains
-Still Remains
-From Autumn To Ashes

all have new Cd's out this year

Some bands to look into would be as fallows

-Most Presoius Blood
-Destroy the Runner
-Bleeding Through
-WaterDown
-Moonspell(older albums)
-Pelican
-Throwdown
-Trivium

Darkane
11-14-2007, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by asp integra
i have liked these guys for a while but have really got into them lately, just picked up their new cd "fire up the blades" and i just have to say that it is really really good. gets me so amped up to ride and do pretty much anything, i recomend this cd to anyone who is into this kinda music

also what other good bands in this genre compare to 3 inches? im looking for some new stuff as well, but havnt been able to find and metal as good as 3 inches that i relaly like to listen too

Asp, most if not all of those bands just mentioned are Scream-o, Metalcore, Hardcore, or Emo.

Stick to the real Metal. Try this shit out:

Evile - Pure old school Thrash -http://www.myspace.com/evileuk
Helloween - Speed Metal
Paradox - Speed Metal Germany
Dream Evil - Very Power Metal but I like em :)

Tell me the style you like more specifically, The vocals, The speed or the story of the song.

If you think you can handle some intense singing give these bands a try:

Kalmah
Amon Armoth
Wintersun

MackDawg
11-14-2007, 11:40 PM
What about

-RA
-Karnivool
-Katatonia
-Sikth
-Machine Head
-Mastodon

b_t
11-14-2007, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by MackDawg
What about

-Katatonia
-Sikth
-Machine Head
-Mastodon

These four bands FTW.

s8chan
11-14-2007, 11:44 PM
Yea, you gotta be a little more specific in what you are looking for but some other metal bands that you could check out are:

- Iced Earth - American power metal
- Blind Guardian - German power metal
- Demons & Wizards - side project from members of the two bands above
- Arch Enemy - melodic death/thrash
- Kreator - thrash
- Destruction - thrash
- Death Angel - thrash
- Dragonlord - Testament's guitarist's black metal side project
- Darkane - Swedish thrash
- Non Human Level - Darkane's guitarist's side project
- Hypocrisy - melodic death
- Persuader - Euro power/thrash
- Norther
- Children of Bodem

See what you like and let us know and we can point you in the right direction.

Redlyne_mr2
11-14-2007, 11:46 PM
3IB rules because theyre fast, melodic, and you can understand what theyre saying. I cant stand death metal thats just shouting from the back of dudes throat. Im really digging the song Doomsday by Atreyu... so awesome.

MackDawg
11-15-2007, 12:03 AM
Death metal for me is way over the top interms of Vocal's, but guitar riffs are always something that keeps me listening.

Not to mention other instrumental add in's, such as CoB and there crazy keyboards.

Each to thier own I guess.

Darkane
11-15-2007, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by MackDawg
Death metal for me is way over the top interms of Vocal's, but guitar riffs are always something that keeps me listening.

Not to mention other instrumental add in's, such as CoB and there crazy keyboards.

Each to thier own I guess.

You want Riff Driven metal? Try Kalmah man. Keyboards and all. The singer actually changed his voice from the higher growl to the low more death style growl. It took me a few tries to get past the voice and when I did (I now love it) It was clear to me this was one of the best metal albums EVER MADE.

Kalmah - The Black Waltz.

YS0PWGXVK4Q

Sorry couldn't find just the song.. Time takes us all. Just Listen to it and ignore the voice for a bit. It is one of the most powerful, epic, melodic, riff driven songs ever in my opinion.

rqBexdo1CME
Just Listen to the guitars, keys and the overall vibe. The voice plays in well too but it has to grow on people. This band has the power to win over people who don't even like metal if the people give them a shot. w00t Kalmah!

63O3Nbvyc-U

This is the opening song for the Black Waltz.

z24_wheels
11-15-2007, 10:14 AM
Dragonforce

ekguy
11-15-2007, 04:30 PM
someone needs to post up some viking metal hehehe...well hold on hahah i will try anf figure it out haha.

ekguy
11-15-2007, 04:33 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JFq2YJKYa-k&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JFq2YJKYa-k&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

ekguy
11-15-2007, 04:37 PM
well i tried somewhere in my last post is a video of amon amarth...i tried to embed it but i have no clue...

asp integra
11-15-2007, 04:57 PM
pirate metal like verbal deception, i went to highschool with some of the guys in the band,

but to answer ur question darkane i like to hear and understand what the singer is saying, even if its creaming, like 3 inches i can understand, but i hate music thats just yelling for no reason where u cant understand a single word

and its gotta have really good guitar and double foot stomps are a must. and i hate screamo, emo, and stuff like that, i just really enjoy good old metal, also my 2nd fav abnd of all time is iron maiden, lol even though its not very close to 3 inches

Darkane
11-15-2007, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by asp integra
pirate metal like verbal deception, i went to highschool with some of the guys in the band,

but to answer ur question darkane i like to hear and understand what the singer is saying, even if its creaming, like 3 inches i can understand, but i hate music thats just yelling for no reason where u cant understand a single word

and its gotta have really good guitar and double foot stomps are a must. and i hate screamo, emo, and stuff like that, i just really enjoy good old metal, also my 2nd fav abnd of all time is iron maiden, lol even though its not very close to 3 inches

Lol, yeah Jordan is a good Drummer from VD :) To bad Terry quit, he is a brilliant bassist. Oh well Caveat is his priority band.

It sounds like you're a Thrash guy:

Destruction
Kreator
Evile
Slayer
Testament
Sodom
Paradox
Whiplash
Armoured Saint
Darkane
Battered
Exodus
Megadeth
Overkill
SpeedKillHate

That should get you started anyway
:D

b_t
11-15-2007, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by ekguy
someone needs to post up some viking metal hehehe...well hold on hahah i will try anf figure it out haha.

JFq2YJKYa-k
There we go

stevo 27
11-15-2007, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
3IB rules because theyre fast, melodic, and you can understand what theyre saying. I cant stand death metal thats just shouting from the back of dudes throat. Im really digging the song Doomsday by Atreyu... so awesome.

then you really wouldnt like NILE hahaha

Darkane
11-16-2007, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by stevo 27

then you really wouldnt like NILE hahaha

GEORGE KOLLIAS! One of the most insane drummers ever. Good greek guy :)

I'm sorry but here he is, World's fastest drummer: George Kollias!

ArS8JxsC3Mw

asp integra
12-21-2007, 01:27 AM
my buddy just played me a few dragon force songs, these guys can rip on guitar, omg