PDA

View Full Version : Beyond.ca Aug 5th Track Day - Schedule and Information

rage2
07-30-2002, 03:05 PM
The event is just around the corner, here's the schedule :

8:15am - meet at Race City Speedway, cars teched. (PLEASE do not be late)
8:30am - gates closed, driver's meeting
10:00am - morning sessions begin
1:30pm - lunch
2:30pm - afternoon sessions begin

You will need to bring with you :

- Proper driving attire (no sandals)
- Snell 95 or higher Helmet
- Lots of bottled water (you will be dehydrated!)
- The rest of the payment for Fuji ($100, or $200 if you haven't paid the deposit)
- Full tank of gas in your car.

Recommended items :

- tire pressure gauge
- tire pump

The morning will start off with 3 groups, Advanced, Intermediate, and Beginners. The Advanced group will go out first, with Intermediate group being passengers. Next will be the Intermediate group driving, with Beginners as passengers. The Beginners group will be driving with either someone from the Advanced group or with an Instructor. There will be several instructors on site to help you learn the course, lines, driving techniques, etc. Everyone is recommended to drive with an instructor at least once during the day, even folks in the advanced group can learn something!

The groups will be organized as follows :

ADVANCED
rage2 - Mercedes SLK 320/Porsche 944 Turbo
speedracer - Dodge Neon ACR
Andy L. - Porsche Boxster
redline - Acura RSX Type-S
kevie88 - Honda Prelude
Big_Six_Boy - BMW 318is
Albert L. - Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS
Andy - Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS

INTERMEDIATE
4wheeldrift - Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS
kenny - Mercedes SLK 32 AMG
Fuji - Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS
The Raptor - Acura Integra Type-R
B18C - Acura Integra GSR S/C
Boa - Honda Civic JDM Type-R Hatchback

BEGINNER
Ken R. - Honda S2000
CRXguy - Mazda Protege 5
Doug S. - Audi TT
mischief - Mercedes SLK 320
Mike - Mazda RX-7
Fat Dave - Mercedes SLK 32 AMG
Visco K. - Mercedes SLK 230

I'll see if I can get a professional photographer out in Turn 3 to take some snapshots of our cars in action in the afternoon. See you at the track!

rage2
07-30-2002, 03:17 PM
How to get to Race City :

rage2
07-30-2002, 03:17 PM
Course Map :

legendboy
07-30-2002, 03:29 PM
what time for spectators?

rage2
07-30-2002, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by legendboy

Whenever is OK. Afternoon would probably be a bit more exciting.

cocoabrova
07-30-2002, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by legendboy

I was gonna head up there around 11-12 ish.... Are u coming ??:thumbsup:

B18C
07-30-2002, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by rage2

The groups will be organized as follows :

INTERMEDIATE
WBB6 - Honda Prelude S/C
4wheeldrift - Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS
kenny - Mercedes SLK 32 AMG
Fuji - Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS
The Raptor - Acura Integra Type-R
CRXguy - Mazda Protege 5
B18C - Acura Integra GSR S/C
Boa - Honda Civic JDM Type-R Hatchback

Umm...just so you know...I have never done this before and the only solo2 experience I have is that mini school they had way back when :dunno:

-Archie

James
07-30-2002, 04:02 PM
Yay! my House in on that map!:clap: haha........umm........yeah.......so....... spectators are welcome any time?:p

rage2
07-30-2002, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by B18C
Umm...just so you know...I have never done this before and the only solo2 experience I have is that mini school they had way back when :dunno:

That's more experience than the guys in the beginner's group. You'll be fine =).

Redlyne_mr2
07-30-2002, 04:19 PM
what day is the 5th..I'll handle the media aspect of everything

B18C
07-30-2002, 04:20 PM

That's more experience than the guys in the beginner's group. You'll be fine =).

:thumbsup:

mischief
07-30-2002, 04:21 PM
Is lunch included or do we bring our own?

rage2
07-30-2002, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by mischief
Is lunch included or do we bring our own?

We'll probably all drive out to lunch, since we'll need to get gas too. Speaking of gas, you should arrive with a full tank in the morning. Let me add that to the first post.

redline
07-30-2002, 04:58 PM
make sure someone bring pylons for apex markers!

4wheeldrift
07-30-2002, 05:44 PM
Out of curiosity rage, who are the instructors?

Ben
07-30-2002, 06:45 PM
Could I come out as a spectator? I really want to get more into this but I'm not completely informed with all the senarios...would someone let me ride with them?

redline
07-30-2002, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Benny
Could I come out as a spectator? I really want to get more into this but I'm not completely informed with all the senarios...would someone let me ride with them?

how much money do you got?

4wheeldrift
07-30-2002, 08:36 PM
If they are allowing passengers, you are more than welcome to ride with me benny. Can't promise it will be fast but it will be entertaining :)

Ben
07-30-2002, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by redline

how much money do you got?

Lots, but none for you! :p :thumbsup: :rofl:

Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
If they are allowing passengers, you are more than welcome to ride with me benny. Can't promise it will be fast but it will be entertaining :)

That would be sweet! I would be very appreciative!

I wouldn't mind being a Shotgun whore and jump around in a few different cars to get a better perspective on things!

rage2
07-30-2002, 08:59 PM
make sure someone bring pylons for apex markers!

Fuji???

Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
Out of curiosity rage, who are the instructors?

Fuji??? =)

spyguy
07-31-2002, 01:23 AM

ADVANCED
rage2 - Mercedes SLK 320/Porsche 944 Turbo
speedracer - Dodge Neon ACR
Andy L. - Porsche Boxster
redline - Acura RSX Type-S
spyguy - Subaru Impreza WRX
kevie88 - Honda Prelude
Albert L. - Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS
Andy - Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS

I'm flattered rage but i by no means should be in the advanced....can you switch me up with 4 wheel drift?

James
07-31-2002, 04:57 AM
Would anyone thats running care to have a co-pilot for a little while?:) I went and watched at the last solo2 event and it looked really fun, I would really like to see how some more experienced drivers do, before I try to take my car on the track. :thumbsup:

4wheeldrift
07-31-2002, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by spyguy

I'm flattered rage but i by no means should be in the advanced....can you switch me up with 4 wheel drift?

I'm ok with that if you guys are. I have spent some time on the track...definetly not as much as gary leadbetter or anyone like that but I'm not totally raw either.

redline
07-31-2002, 08:06 AM
I was thinking that we should do something similar to what rob did with the last tunerworks day. Were they had the instructors driving the beginners cars first to show them the lines and the had the beginners then drive with the instructors to make sure they are doing ok.

I think that it is a bad idea for most of the intermediate group that does not have a lot of full road course exp. and have them show the raw rookies around the track is not a very good idea...

I think that we need to show some restraint in the am and get everyone going safely... There was a crash at the last High Rollers meet on Sat. were a 911 crashed into a svt cobra cause the 911 was following to close and an SVT lost it in turn 2 and the 911 drove into him... :thumbsdow We do not want or need any of these types of mishaps.

Lets make sure everone and their cars are safe!

Fuji
07-31-2002, 08:42 AM

Fuji???

Already got the pylons for apex markers. I will be out early.:banghead: to put them out with the instructors:zzz:

Fuji??? =)

The instructors are Jay, John, and one more they have chosen, not for sure on who it is as it is not finalized

Fuji
07-31-2002, 08:47 AM
I was thinking that we should do something similar to what rob did with the last tunerworks day. Were they had the instructors driving the beginners cars first to show them the lines and the had the beginners then drive with the instructors to make sure they are doing ok....

Lets make sure everone and their cars are safe!

The instructors WILL be driving with all the rookies for at least a few laps for sure.

As for the instructors driving the cars, that will be a good idea for people who have not been on the road course.

As for riding someones ass and racing into the corners with someone or losing control too many times on the track, you may/will be warned or asked to leave, depending on severity if what has happened is deemed unsafe.

rage2
07-31-2002, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by spyguy

I moved a few people around.

I was thinking that we should do something similar to what rob did with the last tunerworks day. Were they had the instructors driving the beginners cars first to show them the lines and the had the beginners then drive with the instructors to make sure they are doing ok.

I think that it is a bad idea for most of the intermediate group that does not have a lot of full road course exp. and have them show the raw rookies around the track is not a very good idea...

That's why the begiiners will be riding with either instructors or advanced folks.

I think that we need to show some restraint in the am and get everyone going safely...

For sure, that will be mentioned in the AM meeting. I suggest even the advanced group take it easy so the intermediate guys can follow. First runs, no top speed blasts down the front straight.

rage2
07-31-2002, 02:40 PM
Please note the change in schedule. Starting a few minutes early.

Ben
07-31-2002, 02:43 PM
Weather!!!!!

Monday, Aug 5

Sunny High 28 °C Low 6 °C Wind 5 km/h SW P.O.P. 0%

speedracer
07-31-2002, 02:47 PM
What time will the gates open? I'll prob have to be there earlier :( to change tires (will be in Edmonton for A couple of AutoX:drool: )

Fuji
07-31-2002, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by speedracer
What time will the gates open? I'll prob have to be there earlier :( to change tires (will be in Edmonton for A couple of AutoX:drool: )

The gates should be open at 8am

The Raptor
08-01-2002, 05:02 PM
Are we meeting somewhere before we all head out to the Track?

kevie88
08-01-2002, 08:13 PM
:clap: :burnout: :burnout: :clap: :drool: :drool: :nut: :nut:

I think I'm excited.. Did an oil/tranny oil change today, valve adjust tomorrow afternoon and I'm good to go! I don't think I've been ready this far in advance of a track day in my life!

rage2
08-01-2002, 09:13 PM
By the way, a few have emailed me this question. If it's light rain, we're going ahead. If it's moderate rain, we're rescheduling.

kevie88
08-01-2002, 09:20 PM
Good plan.. the front straight is like ICE when it's wet, it's hard to believe it could be that slippery but it's NO JOKE.. absolutely deadly on the VHT.

kenny
08-02-2002, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by The Raptor
Are we meeting somewhere before we all head out to the Track?

We could meet somewhere to pickup water/snacks and coffee since I'll be super :zzz:

redline
08-02-2002, 09:02 AM
What about the mcdicks at riverbend or what area that is called right before the barlow over pass on deeroot?

Fat Dave
08-02-2002, 01:43 PM
I don't know if there's any sort of "official waiting list" for track day, but I'm going to be out of the country from Saturday until Monday afternoon, so unfortunately I won't be able to attend.

So my spot will definitely be available.

speedracer
08-02-2002, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by kenny

We could meet somewhere to pickup water/snacks and coffee since I'll be super :zzz:

Me too :zzz: .
I just got my car back.. boy did I miss driving :drool:
I just finished prepping the car this morning (though it still needs an adjustment on the steering wheel).

4wheeldrift
08-02-2002, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by speedracer

Me too :zzz: .
I just got my car back.. boy did I miss driving :drool:
I just finished prepping the car this morning (though it still needs an adjustment on the steering wheel).

Finally fixed all the damage from your little fender rolling experiment?

James
08-02-2002, 05:59 PM
What about the mcdicks at riverbend or what area that is called right before the barlow over pass on deeroot?

That would be Douglasglen.

Shoobs
08-03-2002, 03:25 PM
is this a drag racing event?:dunno:

rage2
08-03-2002, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Shoobs
is this a drag racing event?:dunno:

No, it's a roadcourse event. Real drivers only =).

4wheeldrift
08-03-2002, 04:23 PM

heh :D

Shoobs
08-03-2002, 04:27 PM

So your a real driver eh?

[GaGe]
08-04-2002, 08:52 AM
The track looks like monaco.. hehe... :thumbsup:

4wheeldrift
08-04-2002, 01:52 PM
Are we still going ahead with this? Staring outside, debating whether I should bother changing tires or not. If its gonna be pissing rain tomorrow, I think I would much rather have more than 6/32 of tread to play with.

redline
08-04-2002, 02:23 PM
according to the weather network is should be sunny and 20 on monday but we will see. It will be slick in the am but after lunch it should be good!

rage2
08-04-2002, 02:58 PM
From the weather forcasts, it should be a go. Like redline said, might be a touch slippery in the morning, especially if you push a bit too hard into the (wet) grass =).

4wheeldrift
08-04-2002, 03:20 PM
From the weather forcasts, it should be a go. Like redline said, might be a touch slippery in the morning, especially if you push a bit too hard into the (wet) grass =).

Or the not-so-dry-anymore swamp? :D

Big_Six_Boy
08-04-2002, 03:22 PM
I just checked the map out... What happened to the "bus-stop"?? I was really hoping it would be there. Oh well...

4wheeldrift
08-04-2002, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Big_Six_Boy
I just checked the map out... What happened to the "bus-stop"?? I was really hoping it would be there. Oh well...

They normally only use the bus-stop for bikes

redline
08-04-2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Big_Six_Boy

it is still there it just will not be used on monday!

speedracer
08-04-2002, 04:25 PM

it is still there it just will not be used on monday!

It is HIGHLY suggested not to be included or used - only as an emergency pit.

Unless you wish to have fender flares and bent wheels.

max_boost
08-04-2002, 09:38 PM
I hope it clears up tomorrow, you guys take it easy out there! I'll swing by in the afternoon to watch!

Ekliptix
08-04-2002, 09:41 PM
I'm coming 2 watch. See u all there.:)

Ben
08-04-2002, 09:42 PM
I'll be there rain or shine

kevie88
08-04-2002, 09:55 PM
Me too!:burnout:

4wheeldrift
08-04-2002, 10:04 PM
Likewise. Hoping for shine, will deal with rain, 6/32nd R compound style.

4wheeldrift
08-04-2002, 10:14 PM
Here's a question, is there going to be a way for people to come to trackside level once we're under way?

Fuji
08-04-2002, 10:37 PM
2 spots open for tomorrow if anyone is interested

buh_buh
08-04-2002, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Fuji
does that include mine?

kevie88
08-04-2002, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh

does that include mine?

What? You're not coming?

cocoabrova
08-04-2002, 10:44 PM
I'll be there spectating.... So are you guys going for coffee or somehing in the AM??:thumbsup:

B18C
08-04-2002, 10:50 PM
Here's a stupid question. Should we be taking out our floor mats and everything? Is there anything else that we should do before we come down?

so far I'm bringing my:
1) helmet
2) water/gatorade
3) money for fuji
4) brake fluid (just in case...just blead (sp?) my brakes)
5) a set of wrenches
6) camera
7) coat

Oh, what is the rule on loose objects in the car? I want to bring my laptop to do some datalogging. Will I be allowed to have it in my car when I'm lapping?

-Thanks

buh_buh
08-04-2002, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by kevie88

What? You're not coming?
I really wanted to, but I couldn't get it off work.
And plus, its double pay and a half!:D

B18C
08-04-2002, 11:07 PM

:thumbsdow

CRXguy
08-04-2002, 11:13 PM

That sucks dude!!!!!

kevie88
08-04-2002, 11:16 PM
That kinda sucks, Kevin.. Oh well, next time!

Here's a stupid question. Should we be taking out our floor mats and everything? Is there anything else that we should do before we come down?

so far I'm bringing my:
1) helmet
2) water/gatorade
3) money for fuji
4) brake fluid (just in case...just blead (sp?) my brakes)
5) a set of wrenches
6) camera
7) coat

Oh, what is the rule on loose objects in the car? I want to bring my laptop to do some datalogging. Will I be allowed to have it in my car when I'm lapping?

-Thanks

I'd add
8) Lawn chair/seat
9) Cooler w/ice
10) Engine oil
11) I'm bringing a small hydraulic jack ( in case anyone needs it )
12) Binoculars if you have them are kinda handy
13) munchies are nice
14) Air pump if you have it

I took my sub box out and I'll pull out the spare tire and jack ect when I get there.

B18C
08-04-2002, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by kevie88
That kinda sucks, Kevin.. Oh well, next time!

I'd add
8) Lawn chair/seat
9) Cooler w/ice
10) Engine oil
11) I'm bringing a small hydraulic jack ( in case anyone needs it )
12) Binoculars if you have them are kinda handy
13) munchies are nice
14) Air pump if you have it

I took my sub box out and I'll pull out the spare tire and jack ect when I get there.

Thanks!

speedracer
08-04-2002, 11:43 PM
Here's a stupid question. Should we be taking out our floor mats and everything?

Yup, - the general rule is anything that is not bolted.

Change sitting in the car
Floor matts
Hello Kitty dolls :D
etc...

Datalogger:
Just don't tell any of the instructors.
(But do note a 10lb note book would sting a little)
I was going to do that too but I haven't had the time to look for my notebook and OBDII connector cable.

kevie88
08-04-2002, 11:46 PM
Hello Kitty dolls

DAMNIT!

mischief
08-05-2002, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by Fuji

Are there still spots available? I wondering if I should bring my other car too? Thanks. :confused: