PDA

View Full Version : donating blood

haunt
11-14-2007, 11:48 PM
I found out I have a pretty rare blood type today and was thinking about donating some. Anybody know if clinics pay for blood here? like 50 bucks and a cookie or something?

and while were on the topic of selling bodily fluids for cash, how about sperm donations?

240SX17
11-14-2007, 11:58 PM
u serious man>? u wanna get paid to donate? just go do it, good thing i didnt when we had a big cruise i had cancer in my blood and didnt know until a bit ago, just go donate it man trust me its helping a great cause.

drew_goring
11-15-2007, 12:02 AM
In the US you are paid. In Canada it is a "donation". I think you get a free cookie and juice though.

240SX17
11-15-2007, 12:09 AM
i think its kinda sad that people wanna get something in return for helping or even saving a life..

MintRacer
11-15-2007, 12:14 AM
it's human nature to be selfish

suen_boi
11-15-2007, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by 240SX17
just go donate it man trust me its helping a great cause.

:werd: no monetary return is needed for something like this.

adidas
11-15-2007, 12:34 AM
Donation is a gift to a fund or cause, typically for charitable reasons.

Go down to the US, they will give u 20 bux, have em drain all ur blood out, you will be rich!

TeamBestBud
in a related note, i want to donate blood but ive smoked marijuana lately...does that matter?

240SX17
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/163832/beyond-ca-blood-drive-cruise/

there is a thread of what me and a few friends did or atleast tried to do. im trying to get this up and running again maybe we can go through with it check it out

240SX17
11-15-2007, 12:35 AM
http://www.bloodservices.ca/Centrea.../E_Can_I_Donate

http://www.bloodservices.ca/Centrea...20Questionnaire

http://www.bloodservices.ca/centrea...DateRange3&

info can be found here or in that thread

haunt
11-15-2007, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by drew_goring
In the US you are paid. In Canada it is a "donation". I think you get a free cookie and juice though.

sweeeet.

I just heard on manswers the going rate in LA is somethin like $600 for a 'load'. :eek:

Jlude
11-15-2007, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by haunt
I found out I have a pretty rare blood type today and was thinking about donating some. Anybody know if clinics pay for blood here? like 50 bucks and a cookie or something?

and while were on the topic of selling bodily fluids for cash, how about sperm donations?

Hard up for cash?!?

ken-gsr
11-15-2007, 12:48 AM
lol cheap bastard trying to sell your blood. You contradicted yourself - you can't sell donated blood. Donation means give.

It's not so much the rare blood type that they really care about - it is the blood type that works for every kind of blood. I think its OO or something like that.

ken-gsr
11-15-2007, 12:49 AM
oh and PS i don't think someone is going to pay you to jack off in a jar. Especially with your smarts :thumbsup:

01RedDX
11-15-2007, 01:04 AM

97'Scort
11-15-2007, 01:14 AM
I give blood every 56 days :) Grandma needs plasma while she's in chemo, so I figure the least I can do is top it back up. I think the OP is extremely selfish for wanting money. How about I charge you next time you're in an accident and need some of the blood I donated? The donation places have free cookies, juice, pop, soup, and sometimes even chili or sandwiches. The whole thing takes an hour, less if you've given before.

They drug test your blood, along with STDs and most of the serious drug and blood borne diseases. One of the questions in the extensive questionnaire is "Have you recently done drugs." You can lie but you're only fooling yourself. They'll find out. Just as an addition, THC (the drug in pot) can reside in traceable amounts in your body for about 3-4 months after you last smoked it. Keep that in mind next time you need a drug test at work!

haunt
11-15-2007, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by Jlude

Hard up for cash?!?

:rofl:

and to the boners tryin to flame me here. I know some clinics pay for blood donations in the US, Im WONDERING if they do here. No harm done in asking. money would not be my incentive in going anyway.
oh and PS, (who the fuck talks like that anyway?) ken-gsr, thats funny cause Id bet thats exactly how you were conceived, since NOBODY would mate with that beastly gargoyle you call a mother.

Jlude
11-15-2007, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by haunt

:rofl:

and to the boners tryin to flame me here. I know some clinics pay for blood donations in the US, Im WONDERING if they do here. No harm done in asking. money would not be my incentive in going anyway.
oh and PS, (who the fuck talks like that anyway?) ken-gsr, thats funny cause Id bet thats exactly how you were conceived, since NOBODY would mate with that beastly gargoyle you call a mother.

classy dude...

your question has obviously been answered...

:closed: