PDA

View Full Version : Putting Videos on iPhone

Fafa
11-15-2007, 12:02 AM
Hey guys, i got a new iPhone last week and unlocked it myself and it works beautifully. its running on version 1.1.1 so i guess the current version of update. what i was wondering is what type of video it plays becuase when i tried putting on videos on it, it said it wasnt the right type... and if there is a way to convert a video into the right type so i could put it on...

Also can you put ring tones onto it or are you stuck with the ones that it came with. im hoping theres a way to transfer a sound clip onto it and select it as a ringtone once its in the phone.

Thanx

ntegra98rs
11-15-2007, 01:16 AM
wasnt it mpeg-4? i'm not sure i think thats what it needed to be to go on the old ipods.. i dont know if its the same

Crymson
11-15-2007, 08:06 AM
I use a drag and drop program called 3GP_Converter. The help files are in Japanese, but it's free and powerfull.

When you do your setup, you select MP4 for Ipod, and then select MPEG 4 QVGA/786kbps, It may be different for you, but this format produced almost no audio lag for me, while others were out by almost 10 seconds at the end or a 120 minute movie.

You drop files into the converter and it spits them out into a folder when theyre done. If you itunes is set to look in that folder, it will appear in itunes when its done and can be synched. Conversion can take some time. Probably 5:1 playing time to conversion time. So an hour long program, may take 10-15 minutes to convert.