PDA

View Full Version : What's the slowest protein?

EG STyLeZ
11-15-2007, 01:19 AM
What is the slower digesting protein, casein or meat? Is there a slower protein than either of these?

(ie. what should i eat before bed to enhance recovery and minimize catabolism)?

11-15-2007, 01:35 AM
Have you considered a slower absorbing whey protein powder?
I would suggest that if your trying to bulk up. It would leave you more room for food in the morning, much better than stuffing yourself before you go to sleep.

Darkane
11-15-2007, 01:40 AM
Casien/Whey mix and cottage cheese. Add in some fish oil and it's slow man :)

IF you can stomach it before bed just eat a damn steak! :D

YCB
11-15-2007, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by Darkane
Casien/Whey mix and cottage cheese. Add in some fish oil and it's slow man :)

IF you can stomach it before bed just eat a damn steak! :D

X2 :thumbsup:

http://www.supplementscanada.com/popeyes/protein_time.html

icecreamvan
11-15-2007, 07:09 AM
and a spoonful of peanut butter to slow it down more?

buh_buh
11-15-2007, 10:39 AM
I don't think you want to be eating any peanut butter right before bed. But from what I've read, casein is the slowest digesting protein. When I lived in Edmonton, I used Matrix 5.0 before bed and really liked it. But I can't find it at the Popeye's here. The only protein they offer with casein is Syntha-6. I don't know if its in my head, but I did feel a difference between the two (mostly in how my body felt when I first woke up in the AM). If you want to keep it natural, then start eating some cottage cheese before bed.

EG STyLeZ
11-15-2007, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by 5.0
Have you considered a slower absorbing whey protein powder?
I would suggest that if your trying to bulk up. It would leave you more room for food in the morning, much better than stuffing yourself before you go to sleep.

i'm pretty sure even the slowest whey protein is usually much faster than any casein protein. it would be a bit of a waste downing a whey protein shake before bed because you'd absorb a tiny bit, the rest wasted.

i'm pretty hungry in the morning no matter what haha.

Originally posted by Darkane

[QUOTE]Originally posted by buh_buh
I don't think you want to be eating any peanut butter right before bed. But from what I've read, casein is the slowest digesting protein. When I lived in Edmonton, I used Matrix 5.0 before bed and really liked it. But I can't find it at the Popeye's here. The only protein they offer with casein is Syntha-6. I don't know if its in my head, but I did feel a difference between the two (mostly in how my body felt when I first woke up in the AM). If you want to keep it natural, then start eating some cottage cheese before bed.

i'm already eating a cup of fruit flavoured cottage cheese (because i can't stand plain cottage cheese :barf: ) before bed. Thinking about ordering some ON casein protein and mxing ~20g of it into a shake along with it. Maybe alternate with a can of tuna every couple days :dunno:

Darkane
11-15-2007, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by EG STyLeZ

i'm pretty sure even the slowest whey protein is usually much faster than any casein protein. it would be a bit of a waste downing a whey protein shake before bed because you'd absorb a tiny bit, the rest wasted.

i'm pretty hungry in the morning no matter what haha.

i'm already eating a cup of fruit flavoured cottage cheese (because i can't stand plain cottage cheese :barf: ) before bed. Thinking about ordering some ON casein protein and mxing ~20g of it into a shake along with it. Maybe alternate with a can of tuna every couple days :dunno:

If it's flavoured with sugar, not a good thing.

I'm a breakfast anytime kind of person So I can down some Extra lean Tupi Ham and 3-4 eggs before bed with fish oil and It'll be slow AND taste good :)