PDA

View Full Version : 93 7.3 diesel non-turbo

dtaube
11-15-2007, 07:25 PM
just bought a 93 f250 with 7.3 diesel non-turbo.. any tips on what to watch for? has 210,000 and seems pretty strong. fairly quit

Dan

New Direction
11-16-2007, 12:15 PM
Is that the International motor? My dad has an 89 I believe F350 non turbo diesel that has an International in it. His seems to be pretty good. For some reason I seem to remember him burning out a few glow plugs though. Also his DOES NOT like to start when it's cold out. He can usually get it going around freezing if it's been plugged in but around -10C it just wont start. He's throwing around the idea of mounting a lawnmower engine to heat up the coolant so he can start it in the winter. All though this is his third vehicle and doesn't drive it much at all. Hope it works out for you

Graham_A_M
11-17-2007, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by dtaube
just bought a 93 f250 with 7.3 diesel non-turbo.. any tips on what to watch for? has 210,000 and seems pretty strong. fairly quit

Dan

Good choice on the truck, my bro has a '95 F-250 with over 900k on it, doesn't burn a drop of oil, fucking amazing, just amazing!

The tranny had to be replaced at 700k though, since this one dim-wit thought it would be a great idea to tow a skid-steer with in on this uber-rough rig road.....in the mud. :banghead:

Asides from that though, just a total workhorse. So far no problems other then the (not so) expected wear and tear of a truck with this many km's:clap: