PDA

View Full Version : AutoDream

Fcuk
11-16-2007, 01:15 AM
Long story short, my cousin bought a clutch from autodream and had them install it. After they were done, his brakes didn't work anymore and they refused to fix it. Blamed the problem on him and said it was like that before he brought it in. I've always thought they were ignorant as hell to potential buyers but this definately crossed the line.

Swearing began and autodream literally told him to fuck off. The guy claimed that he isn't gonna yell anymore because hes at work but claimed if he wasn't at work it'd be a different story.

NOW AUTODREAM, let me guess this straight. This is quoted from your website.

AutoDream was established in 2000 and continuing to expand. We continue to provide our customers quality products and better service.

Are you kidding me? Now before you guys start going into details and asking me a ton of questions, I assure you i'm only posting this for you guys not to get ripped off. His DAD was also present and all the threats were basically directed towards him since he was in shock that they weren't offering to fix the brakes.
:thumbsdow :thumbsdow

Charged him 600$ for the clutch, said 750$ for the install and then charged him an additional 50$ because he said he had to remove the flywheel. 1400 + GST = 1484$ for a broken car? HA GUYS! GO GET YOUR CAR SERVICED AT AUTODREAM.

EDIT: to add to this awful service I remember a year back I ordered a part waited for 4 months and still no answer, when i called them back they said they didn't know what I was talking about. :clap:

ninjak84
11-16-2007, 01:22 AM
Fuck that.

Autodream is a sick shop, with wicked service. How do we really know how the car was driven, and what all sides of the story are? Why the fuck does everyone think they can come on the internet and bitch to solve problems?

"A Perfect Gent"

:rofl:

Toms-SC
11-16-2007, 01:24 AM
Listen to Ryan.

Fcuk
11-16-2007, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by ninjak84
Fuck that.

Autodream is a sick shop, with wicked service. How do we really know how the car was driven, and what all sides of the story are? Why the fuck does everyone think they can come on the internet and bitch to solve problems?

"A Perfect Gent"

Regardless of what you think this actually did happen. I don't come on here to "bitch" about anything, I'm simply stating something happened and it's NOT RIGHT. 1500$ For worse condition then it already is in?

Redlyne_mr2
11-16-2007, 01:28 AM
Hmm... so the brakes didnt work at all? That mean that something would have have been disconected for them to basically stop working. The brake system is totally seperate of the tranny. Perhaps a brake line was accidently severed causing the system to loose fluid.. there would of course be evidence of this and it would an easy problem to troubleshoot. Another possibility is that the brake booster may have been disconected in order to lift or lower the engine a bit.. it may just be a matter of connecting the brake booster. Other than that brakes really cant just fail out of nowhere.. Good luck :)

Team_Mclaren
11-16-2007, 01:29 AM
ok let me get this straight:

1. Guy goes in for replacement of his clutch
2. Quoted 600 for clutch and 750 for RnR
3. charged 50 more than quoted
4. brake starts to fail, blames it on autodream

this is where im lost, so your "cousin" had his clutch replaced but the brake system failed? they are pretty far apart.. no? can you define "didnt know anymore"? what failed in the brake system? I'm just a little confuse and perhaps you should give us more detail

Fcuk
11-16-2007, 01:32 AM
They told him he needs a master cylinder for the brakes.

The car was in the shop for one night and the brakes were PERFECTLY fine before that.

KoukiS14
11-16-2007, 01:37 AM
Is anyone even licensed over there? Consumers Beware

Redlyne_mr2
11-16-2007, 01:42 AM
have him fill up his master cylinder and monitor it over the next few weeks.. if its visibly leaking either in the engine compartment at the master cylinder or if you can see fluid inside the car up near the brake pedal then the master cylinder is leaking and has to be replaced. There really isnt any way to damage one unless they put a ton of pressure on the master cylinder somehow. Its more than likely just a coincidence man.

calgarys_finest
11-16-2007, 01:50 AM
feel sorry for your cousins car but still just cuz something doesnt work doesnt mean they did it. you just assume and i have done a bunch of stuff at autodream and they were nothing other than amazing.

Fcuk
11-16-2007, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
have him fill up his master cylinder and monitor it over the next few weeks.. if its visibly leaking either in the engine compartment at the master cylinder or if you can see fluid inside the car up near the brake pedal then the master cylinder is leaking and has to be replaced. There really isnt any way to damage one unless they put a ton of pressure on the master cylinder somehow. Its more than likely just a coincidence man.

Ryan you are a great help, thank you. I'll recommend this to my cousin. All autodream had to do was suggest something like this and help instead of totally shutting him down.

Team_Mclaren
11-16-2007, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by Fcuk

Ryan you are a great help, thank you. I'll recommend this to my cousin. All autodream had to do was suggest something like this and help instead of totally shutting him down.

well the fact that your cousin goes in there and blames the problem at them without knowing any facts, is a bad approach. hopefully everything works out for him but I would love to know what was said and the attitude of both parties when he walked in there claiming Autodream has done the damage.

Fcuk
11-16-2007, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

well the fact that your cousin goes in there and blames the problem at them without knowing any facts, is a bad approach. hopefully everything works out for him but I would love to know what was said and the attitude of both parties when he walked in there claiming Autodream has done the damage.

If you took your car into a shop, payed 1500$ for something and recieved your car back and something important didn't work... I'm sure you'd be slightly upset. It's not like he drove his car for a while after he recieved it THEN the brakes stopped working. The problem was immediate.

Team_Mclaren
11-16-2007, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by Fcuk

If you took your car into a shop, payed 1500$ for something and recieved your car back and something important didn't work... I'm sure you'd be slightly upset. It's not like he drove his car for a while after he recieved it THEN the brakes stopped working. The problem was immediate.

I completely understand. But the fact is that a clutch job has no relation to the brake system. Which is why we all find it odd and surprising. I'm not siding with anyone, but I have no doubt that both party's initial attitude toward this problem is less than stellar, hence the shitty outcome.

Fcuk
11-16-2007, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

I completely understand. But the fact is that a clutch job has no relation to the brake system. Which is why we all find it odd and surprising. I'm not siding with anyone, but I have no doubt that both party's initial attitude toward this problem is less than stellar, hence the shitty outcome.

I understand where you're coming from.

megavolt
11-16-2007, 07:51 AM
Depending on the car the clutch and brakes may draw from the same fluid system (I know they do on my car - Jetta)... so they could be connected in some way... Maybe they got air in the lines...

Redlyne_mr2
11-16-2007, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by megavolt
Depending on the car the clutch and brakes may draw from the same fluid system (I know they do on my car - Jetta)... so they could be connected in some way... Maybe they got air in the lines...
Yah I was thinking this too... thats sort of a european thing though.. I assume this is a Nissan or Honda just because it was done at Autodream. Fcuk hope it all works out...bring your hot car to one of our meets.. thats all I ask lol.

lamp_shade_2000
11-16-2007, 09:10 AM
I have had nothing but issues with them the last couple times I have been there. They used to be great Though. I wont be going back anytime soon.

adam c
11-16-2007, 09:12 AM
jeez... i don't even own a Nissan and i always get great service there... i'll take my business to Autodream first before i go any other place

jdmakkord
11-16-2007, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by KoukiS14
Is anyone even licensed over there? Consumers Beware :werd:

finboy
11-16-2007, 10:06 AM
*waits for jdm nissan fanboys to jump all over this thread*

A790
11-16-2007, 11:12 AM
I've taken a couple of my cars there are numerous occasions and have nothing but good things to say about them. When I had my FMIC installed nearly three years ago they put it on, and then repaired the piping that came with the kit as it had a boost leak.

They've also installed numerous parts for me without any cause for concern. However, all of my experience was from 2.5-3 years ago when Marvin still worked there, so I can't relate to what they're like today.

With everything said and done I'd probably still take my business there, Franklin seems competent and capable.

GTS Jeff
11-16-2007, 11:26 AM
Brakes...Clutch...don't see the relation.

1-Bar
11-16-2007, 11:53 AM
just poking around in the dark...Didn't they take it for a test drive after the install? Wouldn't they have noticed the brakes :dunno:

Eclipse_Spyder
11-16-2007, 11:59 AM
call amvic?

Sorath
11-16-2007, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Eclipse_Spyder
call amvic?

uhhhhhhhhhh wtf?!?!?!

dude chances are ur car is an old car, if something goes. its not like its unheard of. brakes and transmission are totally far apart, i dont see how they couldve fucked up ur brakes while doing the clutch. now why dont u instead of being a little bitch and making a thread online. actually listen to them and see if it really is ur master cylinder. if its leaking, guess fucking what? its ur master cylinder.

jdmXSI
11-16-2007, 01:01 PM
I agree, brakes......... clutch is a pretty far call. None the less if Auto Dream Fcuked something up they would fix it. They had someone else install my cams in my car and the bastard didnt torque the cam bolt properly and caused my cam shaft to snap. They took partial responseability and everything is getting taken care of now even though they didnt do the install.

talonboi
11-16-2007, 02:42 PM
Your cousin has left one important detail out.

The car was towed to Autodream, and the truck driver said "be careful, the brakes are weak"

we also did suggest that he would need a Master brake cylinder, quoted him the price, and a date. But his dad said the tow truck driver was just an idiot and didn't know what he was saying.

when he was talking to Nguyen and started swearing. So we suggest that he should find out why the tow truck driver would say that the brakes were weak when the father claim that he drove the car onto the tow truck himself and say that the brakes are fine?

i just don't see why we would break part the cost so little to fix when we have motor swaps that need to be done.
all we're trying to say is that we didn't break something and try to blame on someone else.

So please just PM me and we'll sort this out.

TE4MFaint
11-16-2007, 03:03 PM
Why are you complaining over the extra $50?
Do you guys know ANYTHING about a clutch change?
When putting on a new clutch, know what you're supposed to do?
Resurface the FLYWHEEL.
Guess what the charges is for resurfacing?
$50.
I'm pretty sure my 16 year old SISTER knows that.
Your dad should know this as well.

One kid that knows nothing about his car then complains about a reputable shop wont ruin their reputation. I can assure it.

I'd still go to Autodream. Heard nothing but good things.

kevie88
11-16-2007, 03:12 PM
I don't even want to get started on my experiences with Autodream... water under the bridge now I suppose. :barf:

However I might feel about AD's abilities, the brake and transmission are not related really, and there's not much chance you could mess up the brakes by changing the transmission/clutch, unless maybe a hard line got messed up when they were working under there. Your friend should find out the cause of the brake problem before he gets all worked up.

jdmakkord
11-16-2007, 03:15 PM
How many technicians actually work at autodream? Or do they only employ backyard mechanics?

Fcuk
11-16-2007, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Sorath

uhhhhhhhhhh wtf?!?!?!

dude chances are ur car is an old car, if something goes. its not like its unheard of. brakes and transmission are totally far apart, i dont see how they couldve fucked up ur brakes while doing the clutch. now why dont u instead of being a little bitch and making a thread online. actually listen to them and see if it really is ur master cylinder. if its leaking, guess fucking what? its ur master cylinder.

First of all, I have no intention of calling AMVIC nor does my cousin. I'm going to suggest him to deal with autodream in a profesional manner and I expect the same from them. Both members of the party probably got off on the wrong foot.

Secondly Sorath, why don't you contine to stuff your face with food you fat fuck and stay out of this thread. Since this has turned more into a flaming frenzy I don't think its wise to keep this thread going.

It seems as if some members on beyond have had great experiences with autodream and some have been terrible. Seeing as we are trying to find a better solution than "bitching" about it online, Mod's lock it up please :closed:

finboy
11-16-2007, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by KoukiS14
Is anyone even licensed over there? Consumers Beware

Originally posted by jdmakkord
:werd:

Originally posted by jdmakkord
How many technicians actually work at autodream? Or do they only employ backyard mechanics?

AVOIDED

Spatz
11-16-2007, 04:18 PM
Well thank you everyone ill remeber never to take my car to autodream, not like i ever would haha but still, ill tell ten people to. :poosie:

kevie88
11-16-2007, 04:23 PM
closed by request..