PDA

View Full Version : LF: Musicians - Beyond Band Project

rage2
11-16-2007, 02:07 PM
So I had a meeting with a car show promoter today in regards to entertainment for this year's show, and they figured it'd be a good idea if beyond members put together a band to play at one of the shows this summer. It's several months away, so lots of time to figure out the details. I figured since a few of us talked so much about doing a beyond band, so I wanna see what the interest is like. Only looking for serious folks, last thing we need is someone that doesn't make it to jams, or no showing at the show.

Post your thoughts, both musicians what ideas they have, as well as folks that wanna see this!

Interested:
rage2 - guitar
b_t - guitar
97'Scort - drums
3g4u - vocals
kerry - harmonica
Focus - bass
DENZILDON - bass/guitar
brownskind - guitar
modded46 - drums
zipdoa - guitar
three.eighteen. - guitar

b_t
11-16-2007, 02:08 PM
What kind of music would we play?

rage2
11-16-2007, 02:12 PM
Probably something that resembles music :rofl:. Ya ya low blow haha.

b_t
11-16-2007, 02:15 PM
Well yeah that's a given :D
Would it be like GnR, Led Zep, Metallica, what? How big of a set are we talkin? I actually think we could come up with a pretty good setlist if we just learn songs from GH2, and I bet a lot of people would recognize them.

97'Scort
11-16-2007, 02:18 PM
I don't know how much of the summer I'll be here, as I leave for Victoria at the end of june. Anything before that, though, and I'm down for Edmonton. I play drums, and have played for about 10 years now.

rage2
11-16-2007, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by b_t
I actually think we could come up with a pretty good setlist if we just learn songs from GH2, and I bet a lot of people would recognize them.
I was thinking the exact same thing too haha.

crewchaud
11-16-2007, 02:24 PM
I've got a band for you if someone could find a singer...

We have 2 lead guitarists, 1 bass player & of course the drummer.

This is my best friends band that really needs to start getting active again as far as doing some gigs but has not had the right opportunity to get back in since they are down a singer.

They have played at the King's Head, Spin/Metro, opened up for Swollen Members a few years ago and a bunch of random events all over Alberta.

They will play everything from Slayer to Bon Jovi to Sublime... etc. Essentially whatever the crowd wants.

I guess I just made myself their promoter/manager LOL :D

rage2
11-16-2007, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by 97'Scort
I don't know how much of the summer I'll be here, as I leave for Victoria at the end of june. Anything before that, though, and I'm down for Edmonton. I play drums, and have played for about 10 years now.
That should work, I believe it'll be early summer, not 100% sure yet.

crewchaud
11-16-2007, 02:27 PM
Oops I just realized you folks above me are the band... Shit, sorry

rage2
Originally posted by crewchaud
I've got a band for you if someone could find a singer...

We have 2 lead guitarists, 1 bass player & of course the drummer.

This is my best friends band that really needs to start getting active again as far as doing some gigs but has not had the right opportunity to get back in since they are down a singer.

They have played at the King's Head, Spin/Metro, opened up for Swollen Members a few years ago and a bunch of random events all over Alberta.

They will play everything from Slayer to Bon Jovi to Sublime... etc. Essentially whatever the crowd wants.

I guess I just made myself their promoter/manager LOL :D
We're not looking for bands. We're looking for musicians that are active members of beyond to put together a beyond members band for a show.

Finding any band to play at a car show wouldn't be tough at all. This is something we're doing to promote beyond, and to let members get to know each other.

3g4u
I have sang for a couple metal / rock bands before. Could be interested depending on the music type.

analbumcover
11-16-2007, 02:31 PM
why dont you be a band playing rock band the game instead of GHII like last show lol, that would be hilarious!!

crewchaud
11-16-2007, 02:32 PM
Well they could all become Beyond members right?

If there is alot of interest then maybe if I can suggest a tryout of some sort for the positions you want to fill?

My friends don't even have a name for there band... They get together in a basement with all there gear one a week until they are blue in the face.

rage2
11-16-2007, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by crewchaud
Well they could all become Beyond members right?

If there is alot of interest then maybe if I can suggest a tryout of some sort for the positions you want to fill?

My friends don't even have a name for there band... They get together in a basement with all there gear one a week until they are blue in the face.
haha, I'm trying to find established members of the forum here... at least 1 years long. I'm not looking for ppl that found a loophole, not looking to make ppl money or make them famous. Trying to bring our existing members together to have some fun, promote beyond a bit, and obviously beyonders that wanna see other beyonders play a gig :).

crewchaud
11-16-2007, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by rage2

haha, I'm trying to find established members of the forum here... at least 1 years long. I'm not looking for ppl that found a loophole, not looking to make ppl money or make them famous. Trying to bring our existing members together to have some fun, promote beyond a bit, and obviously beyonders that wanna see other beyonders play a gig :).

I understand you completley and there was no intention to profit or become famous... haha

You stated a cause and I proposed a solution if I'm not mistaken.

Now that there are some specific rules poping up it might not be a bad idea to list any and all conditions that you apparently have so Beyonder's or guests visiting your site are aware up front before they post. Just a suggestion...

My aplogize for participating in your thread.

JRSC00LUDE
11-16-2007, 02:51 PM
I'll be the Rob Zombie'esque Go-Go dancer!

Let's just say I know how to put the "HOT" in hot pants. ;)

kerry
11-17-2007, 07:11 PM
Sweet do it! ^^^^

I'll play the harmonica ;)

Focus
11-17-2007, 11:58 PM
depending on times I could be down for laying some phat grooves on the bass LOL

TUSOK
11-18-2007, 12:06 AM
:thumbsup:

DENZILDON
11-18-2007, 12:09 AM
i can play bass for you guys! I can play guitars too but coming from the other thread I guess we already have a lot of guitar players.

brownskind
11-18-2007, 05:29 AM
I'm down I play the guitar

rage2
11-19-2007, 08:32 AM
Well maybe we should get together for a jam sometime and hash out some ideas? What works for everyone?

icecreamvan
11-19-2007, 08:38 AM
Looking for a William Hung?

Inzane
11-19-2007, 11:19 AM
Kerry's got his work cut out for him trying to whip me into shape. I don't think I'd be ready to stand on a stage in front of real people by next summer . Perhaps in two years? :)

In the meantime I could play the triangle or something. :nut:

rage2
11-19-2007, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Inzane
Kerry's got his work cut out for him trying to whip me into shape. I don't think I'd be ready to stand on a stage in front of real people by next summer . Perhaps in two years? :)
It's all about practice. I average about an hour a day. Keep the schedule up, and you'll magically get good out of nowhere. 6 months of non stop 1-2 hrs a day practice, and you'll be good enough to play live no probs IMO. Just have to be dedicated and keep the routine up!

Inzane
11-19-2007, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by rage2

It's all about practice. I average about an hour a day. Keep the schedule up, and you'll magically get good out of nowhere. 6 months of non stop 1-2 hrs a day practice, and you'll be good enough to play live no probs IMO. Just have to be dedicated and keep the routine up!

That shouldn't be too difficult once my wife starts her overseas assignment in January. I'll have a couple months at a time alone with no nagging. LOL Just me and my dog (my loyal audience).

finboy
11-19-2007, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Inzane

That shouldn't be too difficult once my wife starts her overseas assignment in January. I'll have a couple months at a time alone with no nagging. LOL Just me and my dog (my loyal audience).

beware volume levels and animals, a couple times i've cranked my amp while my cat was hiding in my room, not good at all, poor guy looked terrified when i started playing.

01RedDX
11-19-2007, 12:33 PM

rage2
11-19-2007, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by finboy
beware volume levels and animals, a couple times i've cranked my amp while my cat was hiding in my room, not good at all, poor guy looked terrified when i started playing.
My dog loves music. Whenever we jam at concert levels in my basement, my dog comes down and lays beside the drums or an amp lol.

She actually whines really bad if I leave her upstairs when we play.

b_t
11-19-2007, 12:49 PM
My cats don't mind when I play clean but as soon as the gain comes up they run away and hide. I'd be down for a jam sometime rage but I am not sure what kind of commitment I can put in with my last semester of school coming up. My only free days are Tuesday and Thursday nights and Sundays starting the second week of January

DENZILDON
11-19-2007, 12:59 PM
Sundays are good for me too since snowboarding season started and normally I go up to the mountains on Sat.

It would also be a good idea to know what songs we will be playing so peeps can start practicing on the chords rather than learn it during the session. Suggestions anyone?

modded46
11-19-2007, 01:58 PM
I'd be interested in getting together and playing drums.. Let me know the details when you get closer to setting a jam date..

reiRei
11-19-2007, 02:03 PM
I can sing, if you still need a singer...

2 years with the youth singers, 1 year with my own punk-ish band.. and well.. I'm asian.

KARAOKE FTW!

except... I won't be available in May, for I will be in the Land of the Rising sun :D!

zipdoa
11-19-2007, 02:16 PM
If you decide to play anything Oasis or Rise against... Or generally anything except Slash's guitar solo from november rain, I would love to be a lead guitarist!

three.eighteen.
11-19-2007, 02:27 PM
yeah sign me up, nothing makes me practice songs like live performances

97'Scort
11-19-2007, 02:30 PM
Any more for an Edmonton group? I can do a big drum solo but not everyone likes that kind of thing :)

403Gemini
11-19-2007, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
I'll be the Rob Zombie'esque Go-Go dancer!

Let's just say I know how to put the "HOT" in hot pants. ;)

Id pay to see this!!! :thumbsup: hahaha

zipdoa
11-20-2007, 04:04 PM
I'm really down to meet... i've been looking for friends who are willing to put in the time to practice and get a few songs down, but maybe if we all met up and jammed for a bit, bring a few tabs and see how things go?

spikerS
11-21-2007, 04:55 PM
I play bass, but I am no means stellar at it. you tell me the chords and I can get a riff together. consider me a backup, but i will come out to a jam session or 4.