PDA

View Full Version : Girls + Cars, your thoughts

reiRei
11-16-2007, 11:42 PM
I was flipping through my latest issue of modified magazine tonight, and I came upon this little editorial by their editor in chief.

Girl Talk - Peter Tarach

Cars and women go together like AWD and the Mitsubishi Evolution. I'm sure it's been like this since the dawn of the automobile. That's why at every race, every show, and every charity car wash you'll find beautiful, scantily clad women.

It's not that women have a particular affection for cars, but we all know that when women are around cars they draw us in like moths to a flame. I can't count the number of times I've seen guys drooling over a car like it was sex on wheels but as soon as a smokin' hot blond struts by that car turns back into 2 - tons if inanimate steel on four rubber tires and their necks quickly snap while their eyes lock onto her "goods"

I even tend to catch myself doing it, but just recently at the NOPI Nationals I saw a fine looking lady driving a clean, well modded Honda Civic and the urge to check her out just wasn't the same as if she was walking by. Maybe it's because I couldn't see all of her or maybe more than likely it's because I don't find girls as attractive when they are really into my hobby.

I got to thinking about it a little more and what if I had a hot girlfriend that loved to mix it up in the garage. Not the kind that just passes you the tools (many girlfriendsd do that not of their free will) but a girl that would be in there turning the wrenches and getting serious about building an engine. Or a chick that would go hang out at the local chill spot and run your friends on the street. While this may be a really big turn on for some of you out there, for me it's more of a turn off

Think about it for a second. Do you really want your girlfriend "invading" your one cherished hobby? To mod cars like you do, to go race them, to be part of your online car forums? No more of the alone time in the garage, just you and your machine... gone! Even worse, can you imagine coming home and seeing your girl under the hood, installing a part you don't approve of? Married men know the feeling - they leave for work, come back that night and the bedroom has been redecorated with stuffed animals and pink trim. Yeah, that's what I'm scared of.

I'm not saying that girls don't have a place in the car scene - I applaud women who actually modify and are as passionate about cars as men are and we've even featured a few of their cars in this fine magazine. I just thnking dating one would be very difficult.

Who knows, things could change but for now I'll stick with my girlfriend whose idea of fun is spending money on clothing (read: shopping) and the thought of helping me work on my car doesn't even cross her mind.. just the way I like it.

any thoughts?

topmade
11-17-2007, 12:00 AM
I don't like my wife knowing anything about mechanics and the good part is that she doesn't want to cause she would be pissed if she knew how much money I've put into it :D

Eclipse_Spyder
11-17-2007, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by topmade
I don't like my wife knowing anything about mechanics and the good part is that she doesn't want to cause she would be pissed if she knew how much money I've put into it :D

just curious but how much u into the car for and what car

Tik-Tok
11-17-2007, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Eclipse_Spyder

just curious but how much u into the car for and what car

A better question would be, how much $ are you into the car for, and how much $ are you into her for?

I'm guessing the cars cheaper, no matter what it is.

ScottysZ
11-17-2007, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

A better question would be, how much $ are you into the car for, and how much $ are you into her for?

Truer words have never been spoken.

GTS Jeff
11-17-2007, 01:37 PM
The typical "girl car enthusiast" is way less into cars than the typical "guy car enthusiast."

Let's just consider that I am your typical guy car enthusiast. There are going to be lots of guys here that know more than me about cars, and there are going to be lots of guys that know less than me about cars. But I can't think of a single girl here on Beyond that is more knowledgeable than me about cars...

Hopefully you people will see past the offensive nature of my post and see the point I'm making.

:)

soloracer
11-17-2007, 01:41 PM
I have no problems with a hot girl being into cars. In fact, here is my dream girl. Her dad was a race car driver, she' into cars and pulls wrenches with the boys as well as doing the promotional stuff. Doesn't hurt that she is nice to look at as well. They replaced her on the show with a good looking bimbo that has 1/2 the personality and non of the car knowledge and thus to me isn't one 10th as interesting as Courtney.

soloracer
11-17-2007, 01:49 PM
This girl is hot as well and even more interesting because she can drive the wheels off a car.

QuasarCav
11-17-2007, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
The typical "girl car enthusiast" is way less into cars than the typical "guy car enthusiast."

Let's just consider that I am your typical guy car enthusiast. There are going to be lots of guys here that know more than me about cars, and there are going to be lots of guys that know less than me about cars. But I can't think of a single girl here on Beyond that is more knowledgeable than me about cars...

Hopefully you people will see past the offensive nature of my post and see the point I'm making.

And to this point the average local car show will give away "best girl tuner" to a car with springs and tint.

xrayvsn
11-17-2007, 02:19 PM

I agree with GTS Jeff.

My wife considers herself a girl car enthusiast, complete with a vehicle that would get props from other enthusiasts (both male and female). She just isn't as hardcore about it as I am, and that is ok. She is not afraid to track our cars, but she isn't one to turn a wrench, nor would she know her camber from her caster, or the difference between the Bilstein nonadjustable dampers in her car now to the set of Ohlins coilovers I want her to get for autocross.

Really, she could care less, as long as the car performs in a way that she can predict. I tend to get more technical in my reading than she ever would, but that doesn't mean she is any less enthusiastic about cars. She just knows what she likes, and she lets me figure out the details.

I would much rather that than someone who thinks the ultimate in bling is a big SUV on spinners.

Spoons
11-17-2007, 04:04 PM
I would say a lot of girls who are "interested" in cars are mainly into it for meeting men, and or, for men to be interested in them. The way I look at it is that women believe cars come before girls. All my girlfriends have thought that way, and as much as I joked that it was true, I made sure that they really knew it wasn't. Yet they would continously try and make themselves involved with cars and my interests. Basically it would seem that they like to seem "interested" to make a man happy by involving themselves WITH your interest.

Then there are also just the girls that are in it for flaunting there underaged boobs and act like total sluts. No offence to Haysen cause I know those two girls at the spring cruise were his friends, but I HIGHLY doubt they gave two shits about cars, and more about how low their low cut shirt could go without showing all the goods. Again though, I can't complain on that one.

BUT THEN there are those girls that truely are interested in cars, and those are the girls I really like. I have met numerous amounts of girls that say they are "interested in cars" but only one truely was. Again I agree with Jeff as in I hae never met a girl more knowledgable though.

BokCh0y
11-17-2007, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

If it has tits or tires its nothing but money and trouble.

I keep my girl in the kitchen :D

LadyTurbo
11-17-2007, 04:54 PM
Think about it for a second. Do you really want your girlfriend "invading" your one cherished hobby? To mod cars like you do, to go race them, to be part of your online car forums? No more of the alone time in the garage, just you and your machine... gone! Even worse, can you imagine coming home and seeing your girl under the hood, installing a part you don't approve of? Married men know the feeling - they leave for work, come back that night and the bedroom has been redecorated with stuffed animals and pink trim. Yeah, that's what I'm scared of.

Huh? Does he honestly think a female car enthusiast would just install parts on his car without telling him? He makes it sound like he'd go out and come back to find out she added LED washer lights and hot pink brake calipers. Hmmm...

JRSC00LUDE
11-17-2007, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by topmade
......cause she would be pissed if she knew how much money I've put into it :D

Mine knows exactly how much, I steal it from her bank account! :rofl:

rmk
11-17-2007, 05:21 PM
:werd: any future wife of mine must know how to drive stick and be proficient. sexy girls who can heal + toe :hitit: some women should stick to sitting on hoods though. :D

GTS Jeff
11-17-2007, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by rmk
:werd: any future wife of mine must know how to drive stick and be proficient. sexy girls who can heal + toe :hitit: some women should stick to sitting on hoods though. :D haha I've taught my girlfriend to rev-match and launch. She is in the process of learning how to heel-toe now. :rofl:

nismodrifter
11-17-2007, 08:58 PM
OT but shieet...xrayvsn...when did you get an Elise?? :bigpimp: :bigpimp:

xrayvsn
11-17-2007, 09:38 PM
haha I've taught my girlfriend to rev-match and launch. She is in the process of learning how to heel-toe now. :rofl:

I have taught my wife the following:

Launching an AWD car? Check - 2.0 sec 60' FTW
Rev match downshifts? Working on it
Heel toe? Can't do that before she learns to rev match.

Originally posted by nismodrifter
OT but shieet...xrayvsn...when did you get an Elise?? :bigpimp: :bigpimp:

The Elise is the wife's car. I sometimes get to drive it even.:rofl:

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q318/xrayvsn_sti/IMG_0190.jpg

Canmorite
11-17-2007, 10:02 PM
ACTUAL girl enthusiats = hot.

Redlyne_mr2
11-17-2007, 10:11 PM
There is a japanese shorty who works as a tech at Stampede Toyota.. now wether or not she's an enthusiast is another story.

Supa Dexta
11-17-2007, 11:49 PM
Some guy's always make a HUGE deal in the bike world about a girl that rides.. But a lot of the time they are nothing more then attention whores in the truest sense.. With a terrible case of "LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME! I'M A GIRL! I RIDE BIKES, I CHANGED MY OIL!!!

Thats the thing that bugs me most, I welcome anyone into the auto scene, but if you have to go on about how you're in it, and how you belong here because you've done xyz, whoopdy doo... If you're just in it because you enjoy it, great I respect that, thats also why I'm here, what do you have to prove something for..

Hakkola
11-18-2007, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by Spoons
The way I look at it is that women believe cars come before girls. All my girlfriends have thought that way...

Every relationship I've ever had, I don't think it is true though. Maybe it is a phallic symbol and they have penis envy?

Zephyr
11-18-2007, 04:02 AM
Jeff's post is very true.

And it seems like some girls get into cars because of their BFs or husbands, usually because they want to "connect" with their partners. First time me and the gf were together she hated my car, then we broke up, then the S13 suddenly got a paint job and engine swap, then sold it. Now we together she lets me put stuff on the IS, and she starts putting crap on her SLK. She mods it yes, but all she really knows is the brands she has and how much they cost. The reasoning of the upgrade is limited in her knowledge.

I had a model that moded her car as well, she had no clue about the car, but got into it because of a past relationship.

Spoons
11-18-2007, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

Every relationship I've ever had, I don't think it is true though. Maybe it is a phallic symbol and they have penis envy?

lol I don't know that just what I noticed. There was one girl and sometimes we would get into a fight and I needed to calm down, so I would go take a drive, and then she would just throw back into my face, "It's cause you love your fucking car more than me!" and I would be the young dumb idiot and say, "Well my car doesn't bitch to me, and if it is, I can take it somewhere and have someone else deal with it!" That was only one girl though. All other girls it was just joking around, but they always seemed insecure on the fact that they thought I pay more attention to my car than them.

If you remember the one girl I brought when we were setting up DTP... she hated every single fucking moment of it and was begging me to leave, so finally I just drove her home and then came back.

TegLover
11-18-2007, 06:58 PM
girls who turn wrenches are not hot they are tom boy grease monkeys, good if you're into tom boys. Hot girls don't know shit about cars nor do they care, all they care about is how they look in front of a mirror and if you car is "nice" or not. So there you have it that's why there are 98% males on beyond.ca (a car forum) and 2% females which i highly doubt any of them are hot (except that chick under the user name Zephyr). :poosie: :hitit: :rofl:

walperstyle
11-19-2007, 02:40 PM
News just in : modified magazine is for fanboys

(on a side note, my buddy will owns that r32 skyline featured in there)

GTS Jeff
11-19-2007, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by walperstyle
News just in : modified magazine is for fanboys You mean fan "girls" ha-ha!