PDA

View Full Version : Envoy, Bravda or Rainier ? please help

a1jatt
11-17-2007, 10:51 PM
I have been looking for a used Domestic SUV for last 3 months. I started with Grand Cherokee, Explorer, Envoy, Trailblazer, Bravda, Rainier on my list. Ultimately i decided to go with the Buick Rainier(1) for its ride quality and quietes cabin from its cusions GMC Envoy(2) and Olds Bravda(3) on my short list.

I was just about to buy a Rainier, but a friend of mine suggested to go for the Envoy because:

1) Rainer will be discontinued effective 2008, its always good to avoid the discontinued product line
2) Only Seniors drive Buick.

What would you all suggest?

Thanks in advance,
-AJ

The Cosworth
11-17-2007, 11:03 PM
I really like the new envoys. I think they look the best of the three.

and yes I think old people drive both old's and Buicks

Canmorite
11-17-2007, 11:09 PM
Don't they all share the same platform?

ryanallan
11-17-2007, 11:11 PM
Well they are all the same car except for badging and body work. They also have all be replaced with the new GMC acadia, Buick enclave, Saturn outlook, and an upcomming Chevy variant.

These cars flooded the rental lots for years, meaning between the four of them, millions would have been produced. I dont think you would have to worry about not finding parts or finding a tech who has worked on one before.

The previous generation (Envoy, Bravda, Rainier, Trail Blazer) are all garbage imo. Most of them came witht the I6 engine, which in these cars is very unsuited for the job. im not sure what the towing ratting are, but i bet they are not very good. The interiour is a sea of plastic, and "body roll" defines the ride.

If you can find any of the above with a V8, then perhaps i would consider them, but def not with the I6. You could actually probably get a used TrailBlazer SS from the states for cheep, and in this case it would be the one to have.

Otherwise i would suggest a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with the V8. The Toyota 4 runner with a V8 would be my third choice, and i urge you to take a look at these. Interiour quality is much better then any of the Domestics, and the styling is also quite nice.

a1jatt
11-18-2007, 12:07 AM
But is it true that only Old people drive Buick ? Would a 27 yr old man look funny driving a Rainier?

TeamBestBud
11-18-2007, 12:30 AM
Get the Envoy meng. I got the V8 displacement on demand Denali and I don't regret it one bit

andyg16
11-18-2007, 01:52 AM
I agree with TeamBestBud, the Envoy is an awsome SUV, even with the I6 which is what i have there is a decent amount of power and its a fairly decent drive. The styling of the Envoy is the best out of other similar models from GM out of the three i would defintaley go for the Envoy

jdm01
11-18-2007, 02:15 AM
Why must it be domestic? IMO imports drive with more refinement and reliability.

jay42w8
11-18-2007, 02:18 AM
Wasn't Buick recently reported as most reliable?

jdm01
11-18-2007, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by jay42w8
Wasn't Buick recently reported as most reliable? Maybey, but the new consumer reports doesent have any info on buick suvs, but thier cars, the LaCrosse and Lucerne do have above average reliability.