PDA

View Full Version : TD Canada Trust

rated_R
11-18-2007, 04:15 PM
Good Day

Just got offered a job with TD as a Financial Services Representative Trainee and was wondering what my salary expectation should be if I do come across a question as such during the interview?

Thanks Beyond :thumbsup:

l/l/rX
11-18-2007, 06:14 PM
you get paid around 32-33g's a year.

Schwa
11-18-2007, 06:43 PM
are you hiring? I'd like to make 33 million as well ;)

l/l/rX
11-18-2007, 06:45 PM
edited...happy? :) haha

rated_R
11-18-2007, 10:12 PM
Damnit..I thought it would be more but oh well atleast it's a foot in the door.

Thanks wrx

l/l/rX
11-18-2007, 10:18 PM
1 position higher, Financial Advisor (FA) you make about 10-12 g's more. i think its around 45g/ yr

im PRETTY sure TD is one of the lowest paying banks.

WWJAI
11-18-2007, 11:11 PM
So you got offered a job but you still have to do an interview?:rolleyes:

rc2002
11-19-2007, 10:02 AM
Doesn't surprise me that the pay is low. My TD-CT bank has the worst turnover of any bank I know. There's new employees working there every time I go in.

rated_R
11-19-2007, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by WWJAI
So you got offered a job but you still have to do an interview?:rolleyes:

Excuse my wording...I have been asked to come in for an interview with TD Canada Trust but have not been offered a job yet.

403Gemini
11-19-2007, 02:50 PM
When i worked there (about 1.5 years ago) the tellers made $12.65/hour. and the raise was like .33 cents after a year, it was pretty much garbage lol. Just ask them in the interview what are you looking at for a yearly salary.

Canmorite
11-19-2007, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by l/l/rX

im PRETTY sure TD is one of the lowest paying banks.

I've heard that too. ATB pays well apparently.

walperstyle
11-20-2007, 01:38 AM
I use to work for Chase Manhattan bank doing over the phone support. We got payed 30-40k a year, pending on what kind of plans we could get people on, or what kind of balance transfers we could score.

honnestly, working a leasehand in the oil field is way better if you are looking for an 'in the door'. Leashand at least can make $70k if he works.

I think i'll pull in $90 this year as roughneck.

rated_R
11-20-2007, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by walperstyle
I use to work for Chase Manhattan bank doing over the phone support. We got payed 30-40k a year, pending on what kind of plans we could get people on, or what kind of balance transfers we could score.

honnestly, working a leasehand in the oil field is way better if you are looking for an 'in the door'. Leashand at least can make $70k if he works.

I think i'll pull in $90 this year as roughneck.

Sorry for sounding like a n00b but what's a leasehand?

Hi-Psi
11-20-2007, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by rated_R

Sorry for sounding like a n00b but what's a leasehand?

Everyone's bitch on the rigs.

xxjessmicaxx
11-23-2007, 12:56 AM
you get paid around 32-33g's a year.

if you're lucky at TD. I got offered a job there and took one at HSBC instead, starts over 40k and you become an account manager after a year.

lou
11-23-2007, 06:43 PM
I work for scotia we dont get paid as good as HSBC or ATB but looks a lot better than TD, were hiring at the NE call center for CSOs its not too shabby here.... they are pretty good to their staff.

rx-7heaven
12-06-2007, 11:40 PM
how about for the account manager positions with TD? What can you expect for pay there? Focusing mostly on commercial stuff.

How about RBC? Anny comments there? Again, with Account Manager positions.

slick2404
12-06-2007, 11:45 PM
I know first calgary pays 32-36. Alot less expectations and people on your ass, thier good to thier employees too.

Although 32-36 is pretty much useless, its a good starting point.

Bimmer88
12-07-2007, 10:32 AM
Lets put it this way... TD BANK SUCKS! I hate them with a passion but yet I still bank with them.

I like BMO! :D might just have to switch over to them.

Only reason why I'm with TD is their open late. (Seriously)

403Gemini
12-07-2007, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Bimmer88
Lets put it this way... TD BANK SUCKS! I hate them with a passion but yet I still bank with them.

I like BMO! :D might just have to switch over to them.

Only reason why I'm with TD is their open late. (Seriously)

TD is very finicky i find and im only with them for the same reason... (i hate how their bank fees go up and up like every year, i guess "inflation" , but it just sucks)

rc2002
12-07-2007, 10:52 AM
^ If you get the select service account at TD there are no fees. Plus you get a free safety deposit box, free custom checks and they waive fees on the TD gold visa too.

I find that TD is the best service in Calgary hands down. All other banks I've been with have worse hours, worse tellers, and worse attitudes.

l/l/rX
12-07-2007, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
^ If you get the select service account at TD there are no fees. Plus you get a free safety deposit box, free custom checks and they waive fees on the TD gold visa too.

I find that TD is the best service in Calgary hands down. All other banks I've been with have worse hours, worse tellers, and worse attitudes.

lol you must be a baller if you pay no fees on select service =P ... select service is the most expensive chq'ing account TD has to offer. i believe you need to hold a $3000 or $5000 balance to waive the fee.

TD has been ranked #1 in customer service out of the big 5 banks for the last 3 years :)

gpomp
12-07-2007, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002

I find that TD is the best service in Calgary hands down. All other banks I've been with have worse hours, worse tellers, and worse attitudes. :werd: free gold visa ftw.

Antonito
12-07-2007, 03:45 PM
Ah TD. I have a love hate relationship with them.

Somebody scammed $1000 out of my account via (I'm guessing) a fake card and my pin number taking out $500 at a time, but TD caught it on the second withdrawl and put a hold on the account. - good
went to the bank and a really hot teller took my info and gave me a new card and pin and said in 2 weeks or so I should get the money back - good
4 weeks went by and I finally called up and the guy told me the teller had apparently not filed the report - REALLY FUCKING BAD!
But the guy on the phone put a rush on it and I got my money the next day - Really good.

There's other stuff, like how much I can get for credit or options depending on whether the specific banker is a dick or not (to some of them I'm a bum off the street, but to the majority of them I'm apparently worth my weight in debt gold) but overall TD's been pretty good to me.

What this has to do with getting a job there.....um...if you work there please don't forget to file the fraud reports :dunno:

Mr_John
12-07-2007, 04:37 PM

lol you must be a baller if you pay no fees on select service =P ... select service is the most expensive chq'ing account TD has to offer. i believe you need to hold a $3000 or $5000 balance to waive the fee.

TD has been ranked #1 in customer service out of the big 5 banks for the last 3 years :)

:confused:
Not sure how old you are but 3-5k isnt very much to hold. Especially in Calgary.

l/l/rX
12-07-2007, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Mr_John

:confused:
Not sure how old you are but 3-5k isnt very much to hold. Especially in Calgary.

k its 5k to hold in the account and you waive the fee.

but trust me, working at the bank (td) i see alot of broke asses. 3/4 of the people have nothing more than, 2g's in their accounts.

and i work in a pretty decent area. (kincora, creekside)

Gainsbarre
12-07-2007, 05:20 PM

k its 5k to hold in the account and you waive the fee.

but trust me, working at the bank (td) i see alot of broke asses. 3/4 of the people have nothing more than, 2g's in their accounts.

and i work in a pretty decent area. (kincora, creekside)

Well, I've never kept more than $300 in my chequing account (and no, it's not because I'm broke). I just view it as kind of foolish to be keeping more money than necessary in a chequing account, earning little/no interest.

I just have a co-account at TD with my dad who is 60+ and never uses the account himself (he probably doesn't even remember that it exists)...that's good enough to get the fees waived.

liquid1010
12-07-2007, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Gainsbarre

Well, I've never kept more than $300 in my chequing account (and no, it's not because I'm broke). I just view it as kind of foolish to be keeping more money than necessary in a chequing account, earning little/no interest.

Exactly... my bank account is rarely ever over 1 grand. If I have extra cash I put it towards paying off my car or house quicker... or into my investment account.

rc2002
12-08-2007, 02:52 AM
I completely agree. The opportunity cost of having $5k sitting there hurts, but say you had it invested at a guaranteed rate of 5% (could be the no risk part of your portfolio). That's $250 you're missing out in interest every year.

But in return you get a free safety deposit box, free gold visa fee waived ($100), free roadside assistance and towing with the visa, free bank drafts and certified checks, and no fees ever. Plus I got a free IPOD out of the deal. :)

Also, one more point is the interest you make on the $250 is capital gains taxable. So you're paying tax on $125 of it. So it's actually less than $200 you're paying for the above conveniences.

globy321
06-29-2009, 05:07 PM
Hi. I have a personal interview with TD tomorrow and I was wondering what type of behavioral questions do they ask? Any advice for me??