PDA

View Full Version : Work for Subaru?

colsankey
11-18-2007, 06:00 PM
Looking for someone who works for Subaru in Calgary, preferably a salesman at the NE location on Meridian Road. Rather meet someone on here and talk to them then go to the dealer where salesmen blow me off most of the time. (I am young, and do not dress-up just so that people will actually talk to me at a dealership. Pet peeve is when I walk around a dealership for 20 minutes, have 2-3 salesmen walk right past me and not say a word. Several dealerships have lost a sale over that already.)

JRSC00LUDE
11-18-2007, 06:07 PM
^

I know, when I was young (ie. 20) I had a buddy with cash. We went to the subie/mercedes (at the time) dealer here and looked. and looked. and stood. and waited. and waited. It wasn't busy at all, the staff was talking amongst themselves, but none of those fucks came to talk to us because we were young.

So, he went to edmonton and bought TWO cars (him and parents) and then stopped by to show the general manager what happens when your salesmen ignore people. :rofl::rofl:

And last year, my boss at a job I had who was under 30 told me that he went to look at a navigator. The salesman told him he couldn't afford it so he walked out, went and dropped 60 G's on a ford super duty diesel and came back with it to show him!

EK 2.0
11-18-2007, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by colsankey
Looking for someone who works for Subaru in Calgary, preferably a salesman at the NE location on Meridian Road. Rather meet someone on here and talk to them then go to the dealer where salesmen blow me off most of the time. (I am young, and do not dress-up just so that people will actually talk to me at a dealership. Pet peeve is when I walk around a dealership for 20 minutes, have 2-3 salesmen walk right past me and not say a word. Several dealerships have lost a sale over that already.)

PM jdmXSI

The Cosworth
11-18-2007, 06:11 PM
had the same thing happen to me at the NE location near GW Cycle. I went in looking at an STi, they guy started pulling out forms for me and after 15 minutes had me sitting in the managers office (I was like WTF is going on). They had confused me with some other guy who was buying an STi (I just said my name was brendan and I was wisked away) and then after that he blamed me for not speaking up and wasting 20 minutes of his time so I left.

Salesman should never underestimate people

FishPoo
11-18-2007, 06:33 PM
Looks like jagguy does...

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=197006

I find that problem everywhere, not just cars. Any place will judge a person based on their appearance, but I've had good experiences too.

Don't be a dick,... by coming back to show the salesperson just proves how immature you are.

Take some initiative and approach the salespeople if you're having problems.

badatusrnames
11-18-2007, 06:47 PM
It's surprising that salesmen still retain this attitude considering the current economy and labour situation and also given the purchasing power that a lot of young people have gained.

I know this isn't car related, but I had something similar happen to me at Westworld Computers (the Mac Reseller on Centre Street). I wandered around for a bit, then stood at a counter and was ignored. I got the attention of a member of their staff, was told just a second (none of them were busy and talking amongst themselves) 5 minutes later, I was still being ignored, I walked out and ordered online.

A few months later (last month) I went in again because I didn't want to wait for online shipping, exact same scenario, and I left to order online.

All told, Westworld lost out on the purchase of a MacBook, iMac, Mac Mini and a 16GB iPod touch + accessories (I'm guessing around $5000.00 total) because their sales staff couldn't be bothered to interrupt telling each other what they did on the weekend to help a customer.

By the way, I'm 23, but could probably pass for a 20 year old, and usually dress in runners and jeans when I'm out of the office. I felt this lack of respect towards a customer was certainly due to my age/appearance. This is why I prefer to do my shopping online if the alternative is dealing with sales people.

At least I got my iPod engraved.

GTS Jeff
11-18-2007, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by FishPoo
Take some initiative and approach the salespeople if you're having problems. Yep.

Actually, every time I've entered a dealership, I already know exactly what I want, so I don't even waste time "walking around" the showroom. Fuck that, straight from the entrance to the desk, where I ask for the most senior and experienced salesman available. Tell him what I want and the price I am willing to pay, then it's on.

GTS Jeff
11-18-2007, 07:39 PM
Unless I'm in for a test flight...then in that case I do the above and just tell them I want to test drive whatever car. If they dick around, I just ask them to cut the crap and give me a test drive if they want a potential sale. Then it's a good idea to warn them that I'll drive really really hard so they don't spazz...

gpomp
11-18-2007, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

And last year, my boss at a job I had who was under 30 told me that he went to look at a navigator. The salesman told him he couldn't afford it so he walked out, went and dropped 60 G's on a ford super duty diesel and came back with it to show him! with class like that, it's hard to imagine why they didn't take him seriously.

i've never had any problems getting test drives.

JRSC00LUDE
11-18-2007, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by gpomp
with class like that, it's hard to imagine why they didn't take him seriously.

i've never had any problems getting test drives.

What does class have to do with it? Way to throw a shithead comment out there when you know fuck all about it. He's actually one of the quietest most unassuming people I've ever met and further from a classless prick than you are from an intelligent poster. What would your reaction be if you walked into a store ready to buy something then and now and the salesman looked at you and told you that you can't afford it? You'd just give him a hug and go buy him dinner.

What's wrong with coming back in a situation like that and showing the arrogant little prick the commission that he threw away?

Aleks
11-18-2007, 08:52 PM
I prefer salesman don't talk to me if I am there to just look around. If I am serious about a car I just go and ask for a salesperson.
And to guys who come back to show salesmen the lost sales... What does that do? Shows that you possibly settled for a car you didn't want? :dunno:
Find another sales guy, ask for a manager. My buddy did the same thing. A guy would not let him drive a car because he was young... he came back the next day asked for another salesguy and bought from him. Original sales guy lost commision but my buddy got the car he wanted.

gpomp
11-18-2007, 08:52 PM
What would your reaction be if you walked into a store ready to buy something then and now and the salesman looked at you and told you that you can't afford it? i would probably leave the dealership. i don't see how coming back and showing him what i bought accomplishes anything other than wasting my time.

JRSC00LUDE
11-18-2007, 09:09 PM
EDIT - Actually, nevermind. I don't need to get into a pissing contest over something so trivial.

Cheers.

GTS Jeff
11-18-2007, 10:50 PM
EDIT - Actually, nevermind. I don't need to get into a pissing contest over something so trivial.

Cheers. :thumbsup:

colsankey
11-18-2007, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
I prefer salesman don't talk to me if I am there to just look around. If I am serious about a car I just go and ask for a salesperson.

I have no problem with going and finding someone, but if I am there to GIVE them business and spend $30,000 on a vehicle they should have to work for the sale, not just sit there and wait for me to come to them, say I want this with these options, I already have the money in a briefcase please oh pretty please let me give it to you.