PDA

View Full Version : CarFax Mileage error.....HELP???

Sailz
11-19-2007, 12:08 AM
I purchased and put a deposit down on a 2005 Nissan Xterra Offroad edition with 23000 miles on Saturday from a very large Nissan Dealership in the US! I negoitated a great deal and was very excited to get it shipped up here etc. The dealer ran a carfax for me and the salesman said everything looked great and he would have it faxed to me (Unfortunately the offices I get my faxes too are closed on the weekend), but the vehicle was leased from their dealership and then returned after the lease was over. I was given detailed pictures of the vehicle including the dash showing mileage exterior etc. My question now is a fellow beyonder recently emailed me the Carfax (Thanks Chu):thumbsup: and everything looks great on it however when it was brought in for service on the 23rd of October from what looks like the lease return the vehicle was reported to have nearly 48000 miles. My questions are could this possibly a typo on part of the service guys or what? Of course there closed now so I cant get ahold of them till tomorrow but im worried now. Anyone know if this kind of thing happens. Im not worried about losing my money just simply having to search for another vehicle because I dont want one with that many miles.

Thanks

Sailz
11-19-2007, 12:30 AM
Looking over the carfax I see it was offered for sale on the 22nd of October with the dealership and the mileage was listed at the mileage I was told, then on the 23rd it was inspected at the service shop for a pre-delivery inspection and then was listed mileage at 47605. Think its a service typo or what?

Eclipse_Spyder
11-19-2007, 11:14 AM
could be a typo but i dont think they would mess up that bad man , be carefull

Destinova403
11-19-2007, 11:14 AM
if its a lease return... maybe someone just didnt want to pay the extra fees for going over his milage... could be messed with... a better look into it is required i think.

rage2
11-19-2007, 11:19 AM
It could be a mistake. At one point when I had 2 SLK's, the dealer pulled up the wrong car file and punched in the odometer reading into the wrong car. So on Carfax, it showed that the odometer was rolled back (the lower km SLK320 went in for service but was punched up in the SLK230 file).

Carfax showed rolled back odo, but I didn't care, it was a leased car.

Sailz
11-19-2007, 11:40 AM
Yeah turns out the service guys screwed up and it will be fixed. Now were just haggling over shipping.

Destinova403
11-19-2007, 11:42 AM
you going to ship? or drive it home? depending on where it is... that could be a niice drive.

Sailz
11-19-2007, 11:47 AM
I'm getting it shipped. I got the dealer to include it in the price but its turning out to be more than he thought so were haggling. He wants the sale so he will do it I just gotta wait it out.