PDA

View Full Version : The Beyond 2008 F1 Season Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11

mischief
08-24-2008, 03:50 PM
I can't believe Massa blamed the whole pit lane incident on Sutil at the post race press conference. It was totally his bad. How can he make a guy stop for him just cuz he's the race leader. What a douche bag.

rage2
08-24-2008, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by mischief
I can't believe Massa blamed the whole pit lane incident on Sutil at the post race press conference. It was totally his bad. How can he make a guy stop for him just cuz he's the race leader. What a douche bag.
It's Ferrari! Either you get the fuck outta the way, or you get the wrath of the FIA! :rofl:.

Another Massa douchbag moment, during the qualifying press conference, Peter Windsor congratulated Massa on his 4th pole of the year. Massa corrects PW, tells him he has 5 this year now. Guess nobody told Massa PW was right... he only has 4 :rofl:.

Mibz
08-24-2008, 08:56 PM
Finger wagging and 10,000 Euro fine despite precedence. Oi.

forkdork
08-24-2008, 09:13 PM
Probably the most boring race of the season. Funny though because I thought it would be exciting.

Anyone care to count how many Ferrari engines have blown this season? Didn't like 4 blow in Australia alone?

rage2
08-24-2008, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
Finger wagging and 10,000 Euro fine despite precedence. Oi.
Funny thing is, LH got fined 5000 Euro for being 2 minutes late to a press conference. A dangerous situation such Massa's pitstop as well as him BLAMING Sutil for it only warranted double the fine of something as trivial as being late lol.

In the GP2 race earlier, the same thing happened, and they have the same unsafe pit release rule. They issued an instant drive-thru penalty.

Mibz
08-24-2008, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by rage2

Funny thing is, LH got fined 5000 Euro for being 2 minutes late to a press conference. A dangerous situation such Massa's pitstop as well as him BLAMING Sutil for it only warranted double the fine of something as trivial as being late lol.

In the GP2 race earlier, the same thing happened, and they have the same unsafe pit release rule. They issued an instant drive-thru penalty. This is why I can't handle having a Ferrari lover for a friend. I always end up sounding like I'm making excuses.

Trini
09-07-2008, 06:10 AM
Kimmi in the lead

rage2
09-07-2008, 06:40 AM
Ya kimi's been driving solid this morning. McLaren's strategy is fucked now cuz of Lewis's spin :(.

rage2
09-07-2008, 06:56 AM
hrm, maybe not, Lewis is almost a second a lapfaster than kimi now on the prime tires :eek:.

The Cosworth
09-07-2008, 07:22 AM
YA!

Go ham ;)

2 laps, think they are going for tires?

And Raik is out

jesus I cant post fast enough

rage2
09-07-2008, 07:24 AM
HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!

rage2
09-07-2008, 07:27 AM
hahahah FUCKING RIGHTS! What an ending!!

rage2
09-07-2008, 07:29 AM
Holy shit Heidfeld takes a risk, goes for a tire change and jumps what? 10 positions to get 3rd? :rofl:

The Cosworth
09-07-2008, 07:29 AM
^^ i gotta admit, that really sucks being Raikkonen. He was doing pretty well.

Not that I like Ferrari or anything

Yeah Heidfeld passed 3 or 4 guys in 1 corner. Jesus 40 laps of almost nothing and 4 laps of on the edge of your seat

rage2
09-07-2008, 07:30 AM
ya bordais was 3rd too. In that mess he got dropped to 7th. 3rd to 7th was within 6 seconds haha. Insane!

Trini
09-07-2008, 07:31 AM
yeah sucks to be kimmi but what a finish

rage2
09-07-2008, 07:38 AM
FFS WTF? Hamilton and Kimi getting investigated. Fuck the FIA.

The Cosworth
09-07-2008, 07:40 AM
FFS WTF? Hamilton and Kimi getting investigated. Fuck the FIA.

yeah I was in the kitchen when they announced that, what was this about?

rage2
09-07-2008, 07:45 AM
It's about the FIA trying to figure out a way to fuck McLaren.

Reading other F1 boards, the talks are with 2 laps to go, Hamilton cut the bus stop and took the lead from Kimi. Lewis let Kimi back in the lead (as shows in the lapcharts, Kimi was leading that lap) and Lewis passed Kimi in turn 1. They're saying Lewis didn't give Kimi the spot back "enough" :rofl:.

It was fucking pouring. Everyone is all over the place. Kimi FFS was off the track running WOT trying to gain on Lewis. How could that even be investigated?

Trini
09-07-2008, 07:47 AM
FIA :thumbsdow

The Cosworth
09-07-2008, 07:51 AM
It's about the FIA trying to figure out a way to fuck McLaren.

Reading other F1 boards, the talks are with 2 laps to go, Hamilton cut the bus stop and took the lead from Kimi. Lewis let Kimi back in the lead (as shows in the lapcharts, Kimi was leading that lap) and Lewis passed Kimi in turn 1. They're saying Lewis didn't give Kimi the spot back "enough" :rofl:.

It was fucking pouring. Everyone is all over the place. Kimi FFS was off the track running WOT trying to gain on Lewis. How could that even be investigated?

that is gay. Yes because cutting the bus stop made Kimi crash later in the rain. From what I heard on TV it sounds like Ferrari is the one that made the complaint.

I liked the interview with Ross Brawn in the beginning.... no no there is no Ferrari conspiracy. :rofl:

rage2
09-07-2008, 07:53 AM
It's official, TSN just reported Ferrari filed the protest on that pass.

/////AMG
09-07-2008, 08:02 AM
What an AMAZING ending. Kimi was all over the fucking place. Sucks about the investigation, hope nothing comes of it, cause Lewis gave him more thna enough room then took it right back lol.

rage2
09-07-2008, 08:06 AM
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70381

Details of the investigation... Maybe I'll take a nap and it'll all just go away when I wake up lol.

mischief
09-07-2008, 08:19 AM
There should be absolutely nothing to investigate there. Hamilton was all poised to pass Kimi on the final turn of the chicane and with Kimi knowing that he knocks Hamilton off the track. Hamilton gives back the position and passes him again. Kimi was the one that created the contact.

Massa continues his streak of soild post race interviews. Apparently he was going "a lot slower than he was suppose to be" on the final lap. No fucking shit; I think everyone on dry tires was with all the rain. How else did he think Heidfeld finished 3rd and ended in his rear view mirror? Fuck he's a beauty!

The Cosworth
09-07-2008, 08:59 AM
how long would an investigation like this take?

rage2
09-07-2008, 10:46 AM
Details are scarce, but it looks like FIA has stripped Hamilton of the victory, dropping him to 3rd.

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/080907182345.shtml

Details have yet to be confirmed but Lewis Hamilton has been stripped of his Belgian Grand Prix win following an investigation in the final laps of the race this afternoon at Spa Francorchamps.

Felipe Massa, second on track, therefore inherits the win from Nick Heidfeld with Hamilton now classified as third.

In addition, Timo Glock has received a penalty and now loses eighth position in his Toyota to Mark Webber...

Details to follow...

If it stands, I have officially lost all hope in the sport that I love.

rage2
09-07-2008, 10:50 AM
Confirmed.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70401

Fuck you FIA. This is the most fucking retarded shit I've ever seen in my life. Why even bother anymore? Just give the fucking trophies to Ferrari.

/////AMG
09-07-2008, 10:50 AM
What a load of ribbush. Seriously the FIA is a fucking joke.

rage2
09-07-2008, 10:57 AM
Next race is Monza. Seriously FIA, just fucking give the WDC and WCC to Ferrari then. That's what you want. There's no fucking point anymore.

BerserkerCatSplat
09-07-2008, 11:15 AM
Jesus H. Christ, can the FIA make it any more obvious that they love Ferrari more than they love the integrity of their own sport? :banghead:

http://www.sniffpetrol.com/wp-content/uploads/mosleymillionaire.jpg

962 kid
09-07-2008, 11:51 AM
this situation is clearly covered in the FIA rulebook so quit whining...

see the section called: Red Car Rule and the stewards decision will be completely transparent.

Mibz
09-07-2008, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by 962 kid
this situation is clearly covered in the FIA rulebook so quit whining...

see the section called: Red Car Rule and the stewards decision will be completely transparent. Indeed.

What's the point now? I've had enough of saying "We drove better, we just violated imaginary rules created by blind stewards.". Why bother?

mischief
09-07-2008, 08:04 PM
F1 = Ferrari #1.

LH got totally screwed today. No wonder KR wanted to join Ferrari at the beginning of last season. All he has to do is out drive his teammate and he's guaranteed the world championship.

buh_buh
09-07-2008, 08:09 PM
Is anybody really that surprised? As soon as I saw Hamilton cut the corner I knew there would be some sort of penalty, even though this looks vaguely familiar to Fuji last year when Massa went off the road to pass Kubica in the last corner and the guy in red was not penalized. But I thought it would be enforced in Monza since I didn't think they could give a drive through penalty to someone on the last lap of the race after it had already finished. But we've all seen this sing and dance before by the FIA. McLaren's been getting screwed for years.

The Cosworth
09-07-2008, 08:38 PM
i dont know what else to say but fucking gay

boi-alien
09-07-2008, 08:55 PM
fucking retarded... that is all

rage2
09-07-2008, 10:21 PM
Another example of red car doing the same move and not getting a penalty. Actually this is WAY worse, schumacher never even let him by at all just slowed down a bit.

Hunary 2006, McLaren vs Ferrari
-5UnPeyzcHM

And here's a great analysis of the whole thing. Also shows Kimi's illegal block which doesn't get punished.
TzKMyFCaZy0

And of course, the full unedited in-car. You can clearly hear LH part throttle in the lower gears until KR passes him. Telemetry also shows that LH was 6km/h slower than KR down the straight. LH got it all under braking, not shortcutting to gain an advantage. Pretty obvious in both corners.
70rXr2Mkq_M

They issued it as a drive thru penalty, and if a DT penalty happens with less than 5 laps to go, it's a 25 second penalty in the final times. You do not issue DT's with less than 5 laps. Finally, no drive thru penalty can be appealed either :(.

Of course, even tho this 5 laps to go rule is written in stone, it only applies to cars that aren't red. When MS got one in Silverstone '98, the stewarts delayed it until there were 3 laps left (it hapened with 13 laps to go). You have to do a DT penalty within 3 laps, so MS drove in the pits, won the race in the pits, then did his DT. Ya, they let that one slip too.
KgUmjJQkIHY

Fawk, I seriously want to give up on this "sport". Why the fuck do I waste so much time following this shit when it's completely rigged? I might as well follow WWE again. McLaren vs Ferrari, everything will be done to ensure that Ferrari wins.

Inzane
09-08-2008, 08:31 AM
I'm just disappointed Kimi crashed. That's all I'm going to say.

rage2
09-08-2008, 11:31 AM
Forgot about this one... Massa vs Kubica last lap Japanese GP 2007 last year. Massa in a Ferrari goes off the track and gains an unfair advantage, beating Kubica at the last corner. No penalties.
5mE_K3AewNE

Oh ya, this is how cocky Ferrari is. So after they get gifted their win, their team boss goes on and says "ya, it was a fair pass, a racing incident". That's just rubbing it in.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-1053432/Ferrari-chief-Domenicali-describes-Hamiltons-Raikkonen-pass-racing.html?ITO=1490

Sigh.

Next race is in Italy. Ferrari country. Last year, the local cops went in to the McLaren pits, and tied up the entire McLaren management team DURING qualifying to tell them they are considering a criminal investigation (nothing came out of it obviously) purely to distract them from their jobs. They could've picked any time, but they picked to go in during qualifying lol. So I wonder what the Italians have up their sleeves this year.

Canmorite
09-08-2008, 11:47 AM
Forgot about this one... Massa vs Kubica last lap Japanese GP 2007 last year. Massa in a Ferrari goes off the track and gains an unfair advantage, beating Kubica at the last corner. No penalties.
5mE_K3AewNE

Almost looks like he got bumped off at the last corner :dunno:

rage2
09-08-2008, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Canmorite
Almost looks like he got bumped off at the last corner :dunno:
Kinda like how Lewis got bumped off the last corner yesterday, which resulted in a victory strippin' penalty lol.

Ripper
09-09-2008, 06:53 PM
To make the issue a little more lame McLaren were willing to give the position back again, but race control said it was ok at the time.

Whitmarsh said: "From the pit wall, we then asked Race Control to confirm that they were comfortable that Lewis had allowed Kimi to repass, and they confirmed twice that they believed that the position had been given back in a manner that was 'okay'.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70443

DJ Lazy
09-11-2008, 07:58 PM
OH man... just saw this news now... What a load of shit!! :whipped:

rage2
09-12-2008, 01:17 PM
FIA clarifies chicane-cutting position

Formula One drivers have been told that they should wait at least one corner before resuming a fight for position in the event of future chicane-cutting incidents.

In the wake of the Lewis Hamilton controversy from Belgium, F1 drivers sought clarification on what was and was not allowed during their regular Friday evening briefing with F1 race director Charlie Whiting.

Autosport.com understands the drivers were informed that in the event of a driver cutting a chicane and gaining a position, he not only had to give that place back but should also wait for another corner before he could attempt to retake it.

Waiting until after the following corner would ensure there were no questions of a driver having gained an advantage.

At Spa, Hamilton gave back the lead he gained from Raikkonen when he cut the final chicane, but then retook first position almost immediately under braking for La Source.

The race stewards deemed that Hamilton had gained an advantage in that move, so gave him with a 25-second penalty that stripped him of victory and moved him down to third. His McLaren team have appealed against that decision.

Red Bull Racing's Mark Webber welcomed the clarification on the situation, which should minimize the chances of repeat problems in Sunday's Italian Grand Prix.

"We are still trying to find a solution for the second chicane here, because we still think there is a way to roll through there," Webber told autosport.com. "But generally, it is pretty clear for people to probably not attack immediately again, which wasn't mega, mega clear in the past."
lol so stupid, everyone's been doing this forever as shown in my video clips without penalty. Now that they fucked up and penalized Hamilton over nothing, it's an "official" clarified rule to not pass until 2 corners later :rofl:.

God I fucking hate F1 right now.

Trini
09-12-2008, 01:36 PM
^interestingly enough a fair amount of drivers agree that lewis was wrong.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7611152.stm

The Cosworth
09-12-2008, 01:43 PM

God I fucking hate F1 right now.

:werd: between gas prices and this I am an angry person today.

rage2
09-12-2008, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Trini
^interestingly enough a fair amount of drivers agree that lewis was wrong.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7611152.stm
Yep. All the drivers changed their tune by the time they got to Monza. They know not to get on Max's bad side :rofl:.

It could also be the fact that a lot of drivers are pissed at Hamilton right now for his remarks on Kimi. That and this '07 n00b is owning everyone, I don't see much sympathy for Hamilton on and off the track for a while.

"Well, that's his driving, that's all," he said. "That is how he drives. If you don't have the balls to brake late then that is your problem! At the end of the day, in those situations it is the driver who can feel the grip more and put the car more on the edge.

"And I know I am great in those conditions. I felt the grip more than him, I knew where to place my car and I did place it in different positions to him and I found the grip."
If I was in Hamilton's shoes, I'd be fucking calling out everyone too lol. Bad move tho on his part IMO. Kimi has a lot of respect in the paddock. Reminds me a lot of Senna back in the day calling everyone out and speaking his mind, and getting punished for it indirectly.

Ripper
09-12-2008, 04:13 PM
According to Max we're all stupid for thinking the FIA favors Ferrari!

"I think it's a reflection, and I'm sorry to say this, of the stupidity of the people who say it because they haven't really thought the thing through and put themselves in the position of the people who have to take these very difficult decisions."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70528

rage2
09-12-2008, 05:00 PM
There's also word that Max is going to be running for another term. I can't believe he basically bribed all the small clubs into voting him on the confidence vote. If Max gets another term, it'll be interesting to see what happens with the German GP, since the German clubs have quit the FIA.

Isn't it sad we talk more about the politics than the racing?

rage2
09-13-2008, 06:58 AM
McLaren gamble fucks up. WTF were they thinking throwing Hamilton on Intermediates??? Out of P2, starting 15th.

Oh, and chicane rules only apply to McLaren. Alonso cuts the chicane on his fast lap, and it still counts lol.

rage2
09-13-2008, 07:17 AM
Napolean Dynamite gets pole! LOL

Lets hope it continues to rain tomorrow.

The Cosworth
09-13-2008, 07:25 AM

Oh, and chicane rules only apply to McLaren. Alonso cuts the chicane on his fast lap, and it still counts lol.

I saw that, I am getting fucking tired of this

rage2
09-13-2008, 07:59 AM
Yea, if that lap didn't count, he would've been done in Q1. I guess they won't "clarify" that rule till it happens to McLaren lol.

DJ Lazy
09-13-2008, 04:47 PM

Isn't it sad we talk more about the politics than the racing?

It's pretty bad, ya.. I've only gotten bit by the F1 fan bug in the last half of last years season and then into this year, so it's pretty sad coming into a sport as a fan and only hearing about all the bullshit.. :banghead:

buh_buh
09-13-2008, 06:02 PM
TORO ROSSO!!!

Holy shit what a quali session! I wonder if they compromised a bit of their setup for rain.

cloud7
09-13-2008, 07:38 PM
wow, I can't believe how bad McLaren/Hamilton messed on on Q2... McLaren for messing up the tires and Hamilton for not putting in a better lap than he did. I thought Massa would have been in the same shoe but somehow pulled out a fast enough lap to get him to Q1 when it was obvious that the track was getting much slower because of the rain. Last year McLaren/Hamilton made a series of mistakes that threw away the championship. Could we be seeing the same thing happening again to them?

rage2
09-13-2008, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by cloud7
wow, I can't believe how bad McLaren/Hamilton messed on on Q2... McLaren for messing up the tires and Hamilton for not putting in a better lap than he did.
Hamilton couldn't put in a better lap by the time he had the right tires on. It rained a LOT harder than the first 5 mins of Q2. Kimi spun during his lap in that dryer window, that's why he got knocked out in Q2 as well.

Huge huge McLaren fuckup. They said their weather forecast didn't predict heavier rain until the end of Q2.

Tomorrow's forecast calls for light or no rain, much less than today. So on the bright side, Hamilton's usually very fast on intermediates, so he can easily climb his way back up (he was 6 secs a lap faster than the entire field on intermediates at Silverstone in the right conditions). If it's dry, he can opt for a full dry setup and start in pit lane, which will be a pretty big advantage seeing as lots of guys went out with high downforce today. Unfortunately, he'll have Kimi to worry about if Kimi does the same thing.

That's my best hope anyways.

Trini
09-13-2008, 09:15 PM
race starts 6am?

Inzane
09-13-2008, 11:23 PM
Awesome qualifying session.

Way to go Vettel and Bourdais!!!!!!!

Hard to believe Hamilton, Kubica and Raikkonen all got knocked out in Q2. :eek:

rage2
09-14-2008, 06:07 AM
Wow is it ever fucking wet out there.

/////AMG
09-14-2008, 06:12 AM
Should be a good race. Vettel has obviously got the edge, 3 seconds ahead and probably keep it going :thumbsup:

/////AMG
09-14-2008, 06:32 AM
Bloody hell, Hamilton is doing brilliant so far! :thumbsup:

rage2
09-14-2008, 06:49 AM
What an amazing first stint for Lewis. Made it up to 2nd! That graphic with the up 13 positions was hilarious haha.

His tires looked great too, and now everyone in front of him has to pit. Things are looking up!

rage2
09-14-2008, 06:56 AM
It needs to rain now....

rage2
09-14-2008, 07:31 AM
Awesome fucking race!

McLaren cuts 7 pts on Ferrari.
Hamilton does perfect damage control, only lost 1 point to Massa.
Kimi sucked. Bad. Didn't wake up till end of the race.
Napolean Dynamite. Holy shit, what a fucking drive in the STR! Pretty much flag to flag. Insane.

Would've been nice if there was some more rain, Hamilton would've done much better instead of wasting a pitstop for a tirechange.

Trini
09-14-2008, 07:38 AM
Congrats to Vettel good race by him..Hamilton did well to work his way up the field..Kimmi disappointing.

/////AMG
09-14-2008, 07:39 AM
^Same thoughts.

rage2
09-14-2008, 07:41 AM
So 2 weeks time, first night race. Long term forecasts say 60% rain, but since weather forecasters couldn't even predict the weather properly today, not terrible confident on that one just yet haha.

Bigchuckers
09-14-2008, 07:44 AM
ahhh KIMI :thumbsdow:thumbsdow :thumbsdow
i think he doens't care anymore and would rather be on his boat or being doing something else.

but props to fellow country man Kubica !!!

cloud7
09-14-2008, 06:46 PM
ya congrats to Vettel... It could have happened to a better guy, from Brundle's commentary of how nice a guy he is. It proves that you can be a nice guy in F1 and win too. Toro Rosso have had a few good races in a row now. I wonder how it will do in Singapore.

Alpine Autowerks
09-14-2008, 07:33 PM
holy shit Minardi wins ... congrats guys

DJ Lazy
09-14-2008, 10:01 PM
What a fucking race! Congrats to Vettel, what a weekend for him... Disappointing for Heiki, really should have been closer in the race, especially in the later stages when it started to dry, and still kept loosing time. Hamilton, some pretty sweet moves to work his way back up the board. :clap:

Inzane
09-15-2008, 08:27 AM
Awesome race! I think that's the most passing action we've seen all season.

Congrats to Vettel. Great race.

And too bad for Bourdais. I hope he doesn't loose his ride for next season. Some of the mishaps he's had just aren't his fault, rookie or not.

Nice to see Kubica on the podium again too. :thumbsup:

Well, Raikkonnen's championship hopes are done. Hard to believe he just got a renewal on his "$40 million" contract. (I wonder what Massa and Hamilton will be making next season).

rage2
09-17-2008, 06:11 PM
Holy shit the 2009 cars are FUGLY!

http://www.racefreaks.nl/images/550/ezybqnpvyrzbtflnqwl.jpg

http://images.itv-f1.com/ImageLibrary/50105_2.jpg

The Cosworth
09-17-2008, 06:18 PM
^^ any front pics?

the rear diffuser looks crazy

buh_buh
09-17-2008, 07:09 PM
I don't mind the no limit on wing height, but I think its the wing width that makes it look bad.

DJ Lazy
09-17-2008, 07:13 PM
Definitely need some pics from the front...

Team_Mclaren
09-17-2008, 07:14 PM
thats just a hybrid 2008 car with 2009 wing

http://images.itv-f1.com/ImageLibrary/50114_2.jpg

buh_buh
09-17-2008, 08:37 PM
Alonso signs with BMW for 3 years?
I suspect its just speculation since this isn't all over the internet yet, but this website says its pretty much a done deal.

Link:
http://www.motorsport-total.com/f1/news/2008/09/Geruecht_Alonso_hat_bei_BMW_Sauber_unterschrieben_08090736.html

Here's the same article translated into English:

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.motorsport-total.com%2Ff1%2Fnews%2F2008%2F09%2FGeruecht_Alonso_hat_bei_BMW_Sauber_unterschrieben_08090736.html&lp=de_en&btnTrUrl=Translate

The Cosworth
09-17-2008, 08:48 PM
did anyone else here that mosely is saying they should have a standardized (by 1 company) engine?

what the fuck are we going to be watching soon... nascar?

DJ Lazy
09-17-2008, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
Alonso signs with BMW for 3 years?
I suspect its just speculation since this isn't all over the internet yet, but this website says its pretty much a done deal.

Link:
http://www.motorsport-total.com/f1/news/2008/09/Geruecht_Alonso_hat_bei_BMW_Sauber_unterschrieben_08090736.html

Here's the same article translated into English:

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.motorsport-total.com%2Ff1%2Fnews%2F2008%2F09%2FGeruecht_Alonso_hat_bei_BMW_Sauber_unterschrieben_08090736.html&lp=de_en&btnTrUrl=Translate

I'm not so confident about that one... I think both Kubica and Heidfeld have had a good year with BMW... Alonso even said at in Italy that he was planning to stay with Renault... :dunno:

buh_buh
09-17-2008, 09:02 PM
I think if Alonso is going anywhere, its going to be BMW.
He wants to be in a competitive car, and Renault obviously isn't giving that to him right now. Honda can throw as much money as they want at him, but they've still got some catching up to do to even catch up to midpack. Maybe their development of KERS and next year's car with Ross Brawn's input will help them. But I still don't see them being a frontrunner again for a few years. The other other team with a vacant seat next year is Toro Rosso, who will most likely bring someone up from their young driver program I suspect.

He isn't staying at Renault for sure just yet. Of course he won't say he wants to leave the team he's currently at and won 2 WDCs with. With the way Heidfeld has been qualifying this year, I wouldn't be surprised if he got replaced next year. Theissen has been saying all year Heidfeld needs to step it up, otherwise he won't be here next year. And I think Theissen actually came out and said they were waiting for Alonso to make a decision before they were making any announcements about their 2009 driver lineup.

Inzane
09-18-2008, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by The Cosworth
did anyone else here that mosely is saying they should have a standardized (by 1 company) engine?

what the fuck are we going to be watching soon... nascar?

Gawd I hope they don't do that.... :eek:

I like seeing the side-by-side performance of engines from Ferrari, MacLaren, Renault, BMW, Toyota, Honda... One of the aspects that keeps it interesting. (like the recent back-to-back Ferrari engine failures)

rage2
09-19-2008, 05:08 PM
McLaren's secret weapon next weekend...

Lvcl632V2s0

DJ Lazy
09-19-2008, 08:13 PM
Wow... i bet those headlights don't cause any drag... :rofl:

BerserkerCatSplat
09-19-2008, 08:36 PM
LOL, of all the times for McLaren to pull the humour card! :rofl:

ryanallan
09-19-2008, 08:58 PM
Does any one who whats up with Takuma Sato in the STR, and Sebastian Vettel in the RB4 this past week ?

And some interesting aero from the Jerez test :

Williams 2009 spec aero package. The small rear wing and restyled diffuser are supposed to shorten following distances, promoting more passing . . .
(i saw rage's post, these are some different angles)
The car looks weird .
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/1610/f12008tesxp5166lp2.jpg
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/8901/f12008tesxp5225qr4.jpg
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/7447/f12008tesxp5228io2.jpg

RedBull's new horns
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/6112/f12008tesxp5396ln7.jpg

I don't know what the new wing will be used for. maybe its 2009 spec, or maybe its just a new development on the 08 car .
And whats with the pink sidewall ?
mule car for KERS testing
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/5239/f12008tesxp5411rv8.jpg
old
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/2796/f12008tesxp3262li1.jpg
new
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/595/f12008tesxp5338lm2.jpg
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/9675/f12008tesxp5322co1.jpg

McLaren was testing their KERS system this past week. This is a extra grounding required for the system http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/7969/f12008tesxp5167rv1.jpg

Toyota adds slats to their rear wheel guards
old
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/6114/f12008tesxp5077qj3.jpg
new
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/4490/f12008teslh0007zx0.jpg

Mibz
09-19-2008, 09:32 PM
Wow, how do you guys notice all these little differences? Especially when every car is completely unique. You put these pics side by side and I can only pick out blatant differences. Boggles my mind.

Trini
09-19-2008, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
Wow, how do you guys notice all these little differences? Especially when every car is completely unique. You put these pics side by side and I can only pick out blatant differences. Boggles my mind.

beauty of F1..looking forward to Singapore next weekend

buh_buh
09-20-2008, 01:27 AM
Sato in the Toro Rosso, they're still looking at drivers to replace Vettel.
Vettel in the RB4, he's already been confirmed to take over for Coulthard next year.
Pink sidewalls, probably to differentiate from the different compounds for slicks next year.

The Cosworth
09-20-2008, 08:26 AM
haha love the Mclaren video rage2. At first when I thought it was real and I saw that guy put the wheel on and the look whitmarsh's face was:

'your fired'

ryanallan
09-20-2008, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by buh_buh
Pink sidewalls, probably to differentiate from the different compounds for slicks next year. they are grooved tyres though

buh_buh
09-20-2008, 11:01 AM
yeah, they're probably just seeing how well you can see the pink sidewalls is my guess.

The Cosworth
09-21-2008, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by ryanallan
they are grooved tyres though

Why do so many people write Tyres? I see it on F1 releases too.

I dont get it

BerserkerCatSplat
09-21-2008, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by The Cosworth

Why do so many people write Tyres? I see it on F1 releases too.

European spelling convention.

/////AMG
09-21-2008, 10:00 AM
Because thats how you spell it! :D

ryanallan
09-21-2008, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by /////AMG
Because thats how you spell it! :D ya were not american here !

Just watched the Singapore preview video on the home page, way to promote F1 on beyond rage !

Funny they would make Vettle crash, and its going to awesome for the fans sitting in the grandstands crossing over the track :thumbsup:

rage2
09-22-2008, 01:06 PM
haha I didn't do that article on the homepage. I'll probably start writing F1 stuff after this season's over, and cover every weekend next year. I thought my articles from last year were way too biased on the McLaren side cuz I am a fanboy. But apparently, a lot of people enjoyed reading it.

In other news, anyone following the McLaren/Hamilton Spa penalty appeal? The ruling isn't until tomorrow, but there are some interesting developments thus far.

So the penalty started because Alan Donnelly, Max Mosley's rep at Spa, spoke to the stewards and asked them to investigate and penalize Lewis Hamilton. The discussions between the stewards was led by Alan, who pushed for the 25s penalty. He was also the one that pushed for Hamilton's French GP chicane cutting penalty, while there on behalf of Max Mosley.

Hamilton was called up at Spa to speak to the stewards. The only person he spoke to was Donnelly, the stewards had no questions for him. Donnelly isn't even part of the stewards investigation process, he's supposedly there to oversee that things were being done correctly (well, to Max's favor lol), but he led and issued the whole thing, and only used the Stewards to sign off on it. His name didn't appear anywhere in the Press release.

So what's even more bizarre, is that Ferrari's hands are deep in this appeal (obviously, they don't want it overturned). The appeal looks to be headed by Ferrari's attorney, not FIA's haha. Real bizarre. Hamilton had to be cross examined by Ferrari's lawyers. Just bizarre stuff.

Oh well, tomorrow's the verdict, I'm guessing it'll be ruled inadmissable, because that's what Max would want.

/////AMG
09-22-2008, 01:24 PM
Yea been following it and looks like we'll get fucked up the arse as usual or maybe not cause it's one messed up case