PDA

View Full Version : Calgary Time Attack - Any Interest?

soloracer
11-21-2007, 06:58 PM
If there was a time attack series in Calgary with 10 regular events and 2 championship events how much interest would there be? Cost would be around $500 for an entry into the series. Cars would be divided into FWD, RWD, AWD. If interested please state what car you would enter.

bobby_lu
11-21-2007, 07:05 PM
Are you planning on making the trip from Zimbabwe?

zipdoa
11-21-2007, 07:08 PM
i'd be down for sure.

Team_Mclaren
11-21-2007, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by bobby_lu

his from calgary.

soloracer
11-21-2007, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by bobby_lu

I take it that means you're out? Or do they have a race track where you are from? . ;)

soloracer
11-21-2007, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by zipdoa
i'd be down for sure.

Good to hear. What car would you bring?

Tuner1
11-21-2007, 09:04 PM
No question -- I am in :thumbsup:

I think ten events is too many. I would suggest no more than six events and a way for the overall winner to be selected by the fastest overall time and nothing to do with the number of events attended.

With all the wild cars in Calgary I think you'd need to to a 1:1X lap to win the Championship.

Keep us posted :)

Rob

ryanallan
11-21-2007, 11:30 PM
would this be at race city ?

the CSCC charges $1000 for 4 timed events and 4 practise events, all using race city's full course.

id be for sure if the cost was $500 !

EG_Civic
11-21-2007, 11:30 PM
i would be interested

Toms-SC
11-21-2007, 11:37 PM
Sorry for those not in the 'in' what exactly is a Calgary time attack?

soloracer
11-21-2007, 11:49 PM
Time Attack is a timed lapping day where competitors compete based upon their lap times around a pre determined track. It's very popular in Japan and gaining popularity on the US. Solo 1 here is basically the same thing.

For some reason my response to Rob didn't show up so I'll post it again.

I was thinking of 10 events with each competitor being able to throw out their bottom 4 times. We would then average the remaining times and from there determine who makes it to the championship round. This way it prevents someone from showing up once on a good day, setting a good time and then never showing up again and still winning. I'm concerned what that would do to the participation level of other entrants. Why show up if someone puts down a time on day 1 that you know you can't beat? Would you want to enter next year?

It also prevents a bad day (rain) or really good day (perfect conditions) from dictating the results. It would make it fair to all. Another option might be to work on a points system - like they do in Nascar - to determine who makes it to the final round.

m10-power
11-22-2007, 12:09 AM
Hehehe sounds familiar ;)

I'm in, is there going to be a track?

I like the idea of more events and being able to throw out the bottom 4, also like the fastest lap as an over all champion. (street and track)

I know we discussed this before regarding the divisions but perhaps a street vs track car separation of the three as well.

What organization is going to sanction this event?

How many can enter? evening or weekend events?

403Gemini
11-22-2007, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by soloracer

I take it that means you're out? Or do they have a race track where you are from? . ;)

he means your location on your profile says zimbabwae... nub ;)

Eleanor
11-22-2007, 08:15 AM
Would there be any division of classes? IE could JAYMEZ supra be pitted up against a KA 240sx?

jdmXSI
11-22-2007, 09:07 AM
Id be in for sure!:thumbsup:

rage2
11-22-2007, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Tuner1
With all the wild cars in Calgary I think you'd need to to a 1:1X lap to win the Championship.
haha there's not THAT many drivers that can pull that sort of laptime, even with the right equipment.

Time Attack is a timed lapping day where competitors compete based upon their lap times around a pre determined track. It's very popular in Japan and gaining popularity on the US. Solo 1 here is basically the same thing.
Is this going to be full roadcourse or just south course? A full roadcourse is a lot more expensive to rent, plus it gives huge advantage to HP and not driver skill.

South end only, you'll have Civics beating Ferraris, and prob won't even need to have separate classes.

soloracer
11-22-2007, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

he means your location on your profile says zimbabwae... nub ;)

Yeah... and his profile says his location is . Kind of hypocritical him slagging me for not putting where I am from don't you think?

bobby_lu
11-22-2007, 07:58 PM

Yeah... and his profile says his location is . Kind of hypocritical him slagging me for not putting where I am from don't you think?

haha I wasnt "slagging" you, in fact I just found it funny,

Zimbabwe rocks :thumbsup:

back OT

Toms-SC
11-22-2007, 08:13 PM
Can't say I'm in per say, but would like more details :)

TheCheff
11-22-2007, 08:25 PM
I woudl be in for sure!!!! been waiting for something like this

soloracer
11-22-2007, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by m10-power
Hehehe sounds familiar ;)

I'm in, is there going to be a track?

I like the idea of more events and being able to throw out the bottom 4, also like the fastest lap as an over all champion. (street and track)

I know we discussed this before regarding the divisions but perhaps a street vs track car separation of the three as well.

What organization is going to sanction this event?

How many can enter? evening or weekend events?

Which car are you bringing? Might have to install some handicapping rules to keep things fair. ;)

As for sanctioning bodies - is it necessary? What is the advantage to having them sanctioned? About the only thing I can think of is the results would be recognized for other events (SCCA, etc.) but I really doubt that is of concern for most people.

I would use the south end of the track only - mainly for the risk involved using the north end - and they would be evening sessions during the week. Weekends are usually booked by the big guys so not much hope in getting a time. The track is open next year - 2009 is still anyones guess. I was thinking of having 3 groups (Stock, Modified, Unlimited) and then dividing them into AWD, RWD and FWD. If I had enough entrants I would only run two groups at each event (ie: Event #1 - Stock & Modified, Event #2 - Modified & Unlimited, Event #3 Unlimited & Stock, etc.) At each event each competitor would have to complete a number of timed runs (6? 7?) and their best time gets entered as their final result.

Because it's nearly impossible to run the exact same track each time I don't know if giving the championship based upon top time alone is the right way to go - perhaps maybe only in the final event where everything is on the line. I also would plan to run different track configurations to keep things interesting. This way the best driver/car wins not just the guy who has practiced the standard line the best.

I'm open to suggestions though so fire away.

m10-power
11-22-2007, 09:14 PM
So the same format that you ran for the private events and the Porsche club last year.

A big hp supra isn't anything to fear on a road course like the south end of race city(Whole track as well, except perhaps them holding you up in the corners and not letting you pass on the straight away). It's all about corner speed, balls on cold tires and smooth power delivery.

I agree with Rage, if anyone brings out a street Ferrari they are not going to place...(exception might be Rob ...)

Best I've run in my E36 sedan street car on R compounds in this format is a 1:04.4, two laps of the south end and a stop box. I think sub 1:00 times are quite possible to happen next year.

Stock 996 GT3's are in the 1:09 - 1:10

This season it's going to be alot quicker :devil:

As for which car comes out I think they will both be there, we'll see, the british car needs a ton of work to be near the german car ;)

Toms-SC
11-22-2007, 09:30 PM
Is this the side with the grass run off or the one with the tire barrier?

soloracer
11-22-2007, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Toms-SC
Is this the side with the grass run off or the one with the tire barrier?

The south end....facing the tower from the grand stands it's the end on the right. Mostly grass run offs but the only place people get into trouble is at the cut across.

Jlude
11-22-2007, 10:10 PM
Can't say I'm in per say, but would like more details :)

+1

I'm certainly interested... would love to get into something like this.

tsi_neal
11-22-2007, 10:15 PM
good luck booking any dates... i know by this time last year the track was almost totally booked for 07...

but lets say this can happen chances are id be in, way cheaper than solo1

Tuner1
11-22-2007, 10:24 PM
Thoughts...

Using only the south end will keep the entry cost and the costs for tires, brakes, etc way down. Naturally I like the full course because the big cars can really open up and it becomes more like road racing and less like Auto-X. Either way I would participate.

I don't forsee myself being able to attend more than three or four events per season so if this would put me out of the points running, so be it. Lack of spare time is the main reason why I have never joined Solo 1 but maybe this group will be more flexible.

No doubt m10-power will show up with something to fear and I have vehicles in mind for the slow and fast classes :D

Rage is right that a 1:1X time (full course) is damn tough to do, but when the competition heats up I know it will happen!

Rob

Redlyne_mr2
11-22-2007, 11:00 PM
Id be in .. just need to focus on making my damn car more reliable.

kevie88
11-22-2007, 11:25 PM
Can I bring my bike? :D:D:D:D

soloracer
11-22-2007, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by kevie88
Can I bring my bike? :D:D:D:D

Only if you want to get creamed by cars that can corner much faster than you. :D

4doorj
11-22-2007, 11:47 PM
i would be interested to watch.. sounds like a fun event

buh_buh
11-23-2007, 12:27 AM
I'd be in for something like this

m10-power
11-23-2007, 12:30 AM

Only if you want to get creamed by cars that can corner much faster than you. :D

Don't be so sure of that, issue is tire temp with no warm up requires much bigger balls then in a car. I'd like to give it a go on a bike, just to see.

Road course:
C6 Z06, decent tires/brakes/suspension and setup with a good drive = 1:1X lap times, already been done this year.

rage2
11-23-2007, 08:24 AM
If we're doing south end only, I'm bringing the Yaris complete with Hoosier slicks and tire blankets. I think I can do the entire lap WOT :rofl:.

CSMRX7
11-23-2007, 12:31 PM
I am in. But you already knew this :D

soloracer
11-23-2007, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by CSMRX7
I am in. But you already knew this :D

What class will you be running the Magnum in? :rofl:

stevo 27
11-23-2007, 08:00 PM
if it's the full road course id be in forsure

with the gt4

bituerbo
11-23-2007, 08:14 PM
Come up with a points-based classing system and I'd consider entering, but I don't like the rwd/fwd/awd as previously proposed.

soloracer
11-23-2007, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by bituerbo
Come up with a points-based classing system and I'd consider entering, but I don't like the rwd/fwd/awd as previously proposed.

What specifically do you not like about the rwd/fwd/awd classification system? The problem I have with points based classing is there is always fighting about what is fair, what is not. For example, a turbocharged 944 turbo might be classed the same as a 5.0 mustang and stock vs stock power would be similar however a simple chip change and a boost controller nets the 944 turbo another 60 hp. Mustang guy will complain that it's biased towards turbo cars, etc.

soloracer
11-23-2007, 10:05 PM
What do you guys think about car sharing/driver swaps? Should it be allowed in a single entry? Or should the series be driver based not car based? (ie: new driver = new entry regardless of what car is being used)

Toms-SC
11-23-2007, 10:09 PM
Any body just in this for the fun?

soloracer
11-23-2007, 10:21 PM
Exactly. The competition is supposed to be fun. However, would it be fun if your car was entered in a class that included GT3's, Z06's and you were getting beat so bad that you had absolutely no hope of making the championship series even though you were a much better driver? What about if at the same time you saw cars in another class that you felt your car was more comparable to that you had a much better chance of doing well but the rules said no way just because of the type of car you own?

m10-power
11-23-2007, 11:27 PM
Redline Time Attack Rules (http://www.redlinetimeattack.com/index-2.html)

Perhaps this rule structure should be followed, that way one could travel to events in the states.

Might be too many classes though, 12 in total. Maybe just Street broken into AWD/FWD/RWD, Modified one class and unlimited one class following the above rules.

soloracer
11-23-2007, 11:53 PM
Redline Time Attack Rules (http://www.redlinetimeattack.com/index-2.html)

Perhaps this rule structure should be followed, that way one could travel to events in the states.

Might be too many classes though, 12 in total. Maybe just Street broken into AWD/FWD/RWD, Modified one class and unlimited one class following the above rules.

I was thinking of following their guidlelines for car placement since they would have experience on what works and what doesn't. However, they probably consider their rules to be their intellectual property and would they want to be paid plus have input on how things are run?

I don't see any advantage to being affiliated with them either since we are so far apart. I don't see how being in a series that is not being sanctioned by them would disallow someone from entering their events. It would be like saying that because I run Solo 1 they won't let me enter a Time Attack. Or were you thinking that if you set up a car for the same rules here that you would naturally fall into rules that would be optimal for your car there?

Part of the reason for checking here for feedback would be to see how many cars one could anticipate. For example, if we figured on getting only 20 cars the number of classes obviously would be an issue - some classes might only have one competitor. Whereas if we had 90 cars in one class suddenly it makes it impossible to run a time attack in one evening where everyone gets a chance under the same track conditions. Ultimately I would like to see 10 cars in each class with the top 5 in each class making it to the championship round.

Chris Ng
11-24-2007, 01:05 AM
I would like to enter the willing-to-blow-up-motor-to-make-championship-series class please..

soloracer
11-24-2007, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by Chris Ng
I would like to enter the willing-to-blow-up-motor-to-make-championship-series class please..

That would be opposed to the willing-to-blow-up-motor-just-for-the-hell-of-it class? ;)

Chris Ng
11-24-2007, 01:47 AM
Been there done that last year.. I figure I'd set a goal this time around..

Terence
11-24-2007, 01:53 AM
i'll definitely be interested! but where would it be located besides race city? Is the time attack gona be on a course where a lot of cornering. I'm not interested into just straight road, that just totally gay! But if it cost 500$, even 1000$, it's worth for a try. Could I bring in different vehicles for the courses that would be benefical for me. SO i'll say either I bring in a boxster, g35, or CL type s

soloracer
11-24-2007, 03:24 AM
It's the south end of the road course at Race City....lot's of corners with one decent straight thrown in for good measure. I had a radar gun out last year and if I remember correctly the GT3's were hitting 170-180 km/h before they had to brake into turn 1.

Sorry but you would have to stick with whatever car you register with. The problem is that different cars would be classed differently. You'll have to pick whatever car is best suited for track use and go from there. Are you a member of the Porsche Club? If not you should join. We have 7-10 track events a year and the cost is pretty low. I'm the VP of the club so if you need information let me know. Most of the Boxsters run in the 1:24 range with the Boxster S running in the high 1:18 range. For reference the GT3's are in the 1:09 range.

buh_buh
11-24-2007, 03:59 AM
Any body just in this for the fun? I'm in this just for the seat time. Points will be fun to keep track of, but I won't be hardcore about it. I don't know if this is a vote, but I say just south end of the course. Easier on brakes and tires.

m10-power
11-24-2007, 09:47 AM

I was thinking of following their guidlelines for car placement since they would have experience on what works and what doesn't. However, they probably consider their rules to be their intellectual property and would they want to be paid plus have input on how things are run?

I don't see any advantage to being affiliated with them either since we are so far apart. I don't see how being in a series that is not being sanctioned by them would disallow someone from entering their events. It would be like saying that because I run Solo 1 they won't let me enter a Time Attack. Or were you thinking that if you set up a car for the same rules here that you would naturally fall into rules that would be optimal for your car there?

Part of the reason for checking here for feedback would be to see how many cars one could anticipate. For example, if we figured on getting only 20 cars the number of classes obviously would be an issue - some classes might only have one competitor. Whereas if we had 90 cars in one class suddenly it makes it impossible to run a time attack in one evening where everyone gets a chance under the same track conditions. Ultimately I would like to see 10 cars in each class with the top 5 in each class making it to the championship round.

I wouldn't be too worried about them coming after us for using their rules as a guideline. Reason I suggested it was to leverage their experience as well as being close to other organizations rule wise if people wanted to go run in those series. I know I would want to go run some in the states. If I'm going to modify my car for this series I'd want to ensure I could use it elsewhere. What ever is decided sooner is better.

Accord_tunerx
11-24-2007, 10:18 AM
i am really interested...never done it before

Jlude
11-24-2007, 03:21 PM
Any body just in this for the fun?

Damn right... Just see how hard I can push my car! Never did anything like this before.

stevo 27
11-24-2007, 05:25 PM
does nobody wanna run the full road course???

and will there be any power restictions??

example

street class 300whp

modified class 400whp

unlimted class 500+whp??

are we gonna be able to use nitrous unlike redline??

say for the unlimted class would none DOT approved tires be permitted??

in the unlimited class would roll cages(8 point,10 point,12 point) be required?

drive shaft hoops?

4-5 point harness's?

kill switchs??

Toms-SC
11-24-2007, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by stevo 27

More expensive, hard on the cars etc etc etc.

stevo 27
11-24-2007, 05:44 PM

More expensive, hard on the cars etc etc etc.

aww but it would be soo fun :devil:

soloracer
11-24-2007, 06:05 PM
Fun until you hit the VHT coming onto the front straight and smack the pit lane wall. Not something that I would want to be involved with as an organizer of a timed event.

soloracer
11-24-2007, 06:07 PM

and will there be any power restictions??

example

street class 300whp

modified class 400whp

unlimted class 500+whp??

are we gonna be able to use nitrous unlike redline??

say for the unlimted class would none DOT approved tires be permitted??

in the unlimited class would roll cages(8 point,10 point,12 point) be required?

drive shaft hoops?

4-5 point harness's?

kill switchs??

I can say that I wouldn't allow nitrous in any class just like Redline. I also agree with M10 in that it would be wise to leverage from their experience.

stevo 27
11-24-2007, 06:47 PM
ok no nitrous south end of track
basically following redline rules

do you have any idea of what the power restrictions for each class would be??

im actully really excited for this :D :clap: :burnout:

soloracer
11-24-2007, 07:46 PM
Power restrictions? I guess physics would be your restriction. To introduce power restrictions you would have to have an on site dyno to prove what the power was to begin with.

Cody D
11-25-2007, 12:35 AM
I'm in, good luck with this. Lots of people will say they are in though, it doesn't really mean anything until you have their money in your hand.

stevo 27
11-25-2007, 02:26 PM
Power restrictions? I guess physics would be your restriction. To introduce power restrictions you would have to have an on site dyno to prove what the power was to begin with.

oh got a little ahead of myself there i forgot not everyone dynos their cars

but for example

lets say my car meets all the requirments for the the street class
is daily driven but make's 600+awhp would i get paired up with say a stock or moderate sti,dsm ect ect since you said we'd be broken up into awd,fwd,rwd??

or if said the sti,dsm ect ect threw on a stickier set of tires

an so do i wed still be paired together

LUCKYSTRIKE
11-25-2007, 02:49 PM
I would sign up for sure, 100%.

soloracer
11-25-2007, 05:07 PM

oh got a little ahead of myself there i forgot not everyone dynos their cars

but for example

lets say my car meets all the requirments for the the street class
is daily driven but make's 600+awhp would i get paired up with say a stock or moderate sti,dsm ect ect since you said we'd be broken up into awd,fwd,rwd??

or if said the sti,dsm ect ect threw on a stickier set of tires

an so do i wed still be paired together

What car do you have that makes 600 awhp that would stay in the stock class? One thing that I do know is that car type is also taken into consideration to prevent cars like 911 GT3's from competeing in the stock class against Mustang GT's, etc. So if you do have a car that is 600 awhp stock I have a feeling it would be classed in modified or unlimited.

stevo 27
11-25-2007, 05:13 PM
say my gt4 meets all these requirments but has 600+awhp (example)
thats why i was thinkin the power restiction thing
but as previously said that wouldnt work

because these V rules V dont say anything about engine modification
but they do say a specific horsepower will bump you up in classes hence why i was asking where abouts those hp numbers would be

The Street Class is designed for stock to modified "daily driven" vehicles. Street Class is home for the grassroots enthusiast or tuner shop looking to prove they have they fastest vehicle on street tires.

Rules for Street Class Cars:
- Professional drivers are not eligible to drive in Street Class

- Vehicle must be registered for use on public roadways. Vehicles entered into Street Class MUST show proof of current registration to Redline Time Attack event registration personnel.

- Replacement or removal of OEM glass prohibited.

- All Street Class vehicles must use DOT street tires with a UTQG tread wear rating of 140 or higher, Tires with UTQG tread wear rating under 140 are not permitted in Street Class

-“Full carbon fiber bodied” vehicles prohibited from Street Class

- Carbon Fiber and other light weight material may be implemented in place of OEM Hoods and Trunks/Hatches.

- OEM Doors, quarter panels and roofs must be kept in place.

- Front under tray cannot go rearward past the center-line of the front axle

- Rear under tray cannot go forward past the center-line of the rear axle

-Sequential Gear Boxes Not Permitted in Street Class.

- No Fender Flares

- No Wide-Body Kits

- No Suspension that utilizes remote reservoirs unless the reservoir is integrated to primary dampener body

- No 3-Way Adjustable Dampeners (3-Way meaning adjustability of BOTH Low and High speed settings for BOTH Compression and Rebound. Adjustment of Height is not considered one of the 3-Ways of adjustability.

- Two-Way Adjustable dampeners are ALLOWED

- Convertibles with hard tops can utilize Carbon Fiber/Aluminum/Fiberglass hard tops

- Replacement of drivers and passenger seat with aftermarket seats is permitted.

-Passenger seat cannot be entirely removed.

-Interior components behind driver seat may be entirely removed

-Vehicle’s carpet may be entirely removed.

-Vehicle headliner may be removed.

-OEM Dash, OEM Center console and OEM front door panels must remain. All components associated with and connected to the Dash, Center Console and Door Panels must also remain. These include items such as, but not limited to: Center arm rest, glove box, venting, ducts, OEM gauge cluster, left/center/right kick panels, etc.

- Roll cages are permitted in Street class *if roll cage necessitates door bars that require removal or cutting of OEM door panel, then OEM door panel may be removed or altered only for installation of roll cage. A safety inspection of the roll cage will be performed. If the roll cage is deemed to be unsafe by the Chief of Inspections, the vehicle will not be permitted to participate in the event. Front door factory glass may also be removed if a roll cage is installed with door-bars that necessitate the removal of the glass in order to make way for the door bars.

- Factory restraints are permitted for any vehicle in street class. If four/five/six point harness is utilized, car must have harness bar installed.

- Snell 2000 or higher rated helmet required.

- Convertibles allowed on track with roll bars. Some cars with factory roll protection are allowed if they are equipped with a factory OEM roll protection system. Check with your car manufacture to determine the effectiveness of roll protection.

- See "Vehicle Classification List" For List of Vehicles Relegated to Modified Class or Unlimited Class. i.e. some vehicles will NOT be permitted in the Street Class due to specific horse power or other specifications. For example, a Ferrari Enzo or Porsche Carrera GT will be relegated to the Unlimited class due to there "super car" specification.

m10-power
11-25-2007, 08:21 PM
More power to you, literally. Don't under estimate what it will take to win your class. HP doesn't mean as much as you would think in an event like this, making it to the stop box is more important ;)

stevo 27
11-25-2007, 08:28 PM
More power to you, literally. Don't under estimate what it will take to win your class. HP doesn't mean as much as you would think in an event like this, making it to the stop box is more important ;)

oh i know horse power isnt the biggest factor

handling ,braking , driver skill are the most important

but i was just trying to help with the rules

Lo)2enz0
11-25-2007, 08:35 PM
Oh, i am so down for this

s3v3n
11-26-2007, 01:14 PM
id be interested in participating in this event.
driving a street car with some boring radials (and a lame driver!) wont make me competitive, but i think itll be a lot of fun and a good experience. if this event becomes a reality, please shoot me a pm and ill sign up :)

CSMRX7
11-26-2007, 03:57 PM

What class will you be running the Magnum in? :rofl:

The tow rig class :D

rage2
11-26-2007, 04:01 PM
oh i know horse power isnt the biggest factor

handling ,braking , driver skill are the most important
It's not even a major factor. If I remember right, there were a few south road course events where the fastest time was set by a 80hp Civic. Or was it a 100hp AE86? One of those cars anyways hehe.

sputnik
11-26-2007, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by rage2

It's not even a major factor. If I remember right, there were a few south road course events where the fastest time was set by a 80hp Civic. Or was it a 100hp AE86? One of those cars anyways hehe.

Agreed. My uncle autoX's in Winnipeg with his Camaro.

He keeps it in second gear the entire time and wins quite a few events.

For him its having the right compound tires and properly setup suspension.

CSMRX7
11-26-2007, 04:16 PM
If we use the South end will we really have a time attack style format (ie warm up and cool down laps).

I personally think it is a good idea (although it makes timing more difficult).
Its better for the cars and the drivers, and makes it a bit safer.

Lo)2enz0
11-26-2007, 04:19 PM
just the south end!!!

how about the whole track

CSMRX7
11-26-2007, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0
just the south end!!!

how about the whole track

This may be cost prohibitive, and would most likely require some sort of driver school like solo 1.

I know I would not want to be responsible for new drivers driving on the full course in a competitive environment.

ApexDrift
11-26-2007, 05:01 PM
im in depending on Schedule

Bowser
11-26-2007, 07:32 PM
I'm definatly in, though I probably wouldn't be overly competitive, it would still be lots of fun

milesmcewing
11-26-2007, 10:08 PM
Count me in!

Can I bring my Van Diemen? 150 HP and runs the full track in 1:17's

Maybe I should grab the Cayman off the lot again?

I guess the obvious question is
"Why not just run Solo1?" - The Sports Car Club doesn't make any money from the event, it just plain costs that much to run.

A big chunk of costing is the insurance, Porsche club runs under PCA insurance, you would need a broker to build a good waiver, especially if you are talking about timing, that is the big issue. - give points on style! Cheaper insurance!

Ice Racing school- First week in January - whos in?

See you soon

soloracer
11-26-2007, 10:20 PM
Hi Miles! Solo 1 is great but they were filled in no time with a 30 car waiting list. Adding another event is not going to hurt them. The insurance thing does bother me and will require more research.

You could run the Van Diemen - in the unlimited class. ;)

SpoonEK9@STRD
11-26-2007, 11:35 PM
guys at strd would enter... about 4 -5 cars

l/l/rX
11-26-2007, 11:58 PM
noob question: since its the summer, the time where everyone orders tons of parts for their cars, and of course they never come in on time for events like this, is there any restriction regarding that?

you cant add on different/ more parts after the first race?

just curious.

m10-power
11-27-2007, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Chris Ng

Looks like there will be enough rotory powered cars there to have the class your requesting :rofl:

CSMRX7
11-27-2007, 04:57 PM

Looks like there will be enough rotory powered cars there to have the class your requesting :rofl:

Motor is the least of my concerns.

Some of us would have to keep are cars on the track long enough to actually blow a motor :D

speedracer
11-27-2007, 05:00 PM
Solo 1 from the Calgary Sports Car Club is the real time attack ;) For those of you wanting the full course sign up early!

The issue I would say is offering timed events which makes it a real event and at that point insurance is not cheap :(

I'm somewhat interested though I'm not sure if it is really less damaging than the full course.

stevo 27
11-29-2007, 08:26 PM
SO any update on this :clap:

stevo 27
12-11-2007, 09:20 PM
^???????????????????????????????????^

soloracer
12-11-2007, 09:33 PM
Currently looking into booking track time and getting answers to the insurance questions.

stevo 27
12-11-2007, 09:36 PM
wicked im glad the ball is still rolling i wouldnt wanna see this die before it got off the ground :clap: :clap: :clap: