PDA

View Full Version : *Rant* - Bank of Montreal

spikerS
11-23-2007, 12:31 PM
This is Insane. Today was the last straw for us, and using Bank of Montreal for our banking.

With the exception of a few tellers in the Crowfoot branch, the service we get there is absolutely horrible. not going to go into alot of details but,

1) 2 years ago, asked for a RRSP loan of $2000. without even doing a credit check or anything, got a flat out NO.

2) last year, asked again for a $2000 RRSP loan, same deal.

3) went into the bank, asked for a secured credit card, had $1000 cash in hand to get it, flat out no again, with the responce "we only do this for newly landed immigrants now"

4) My wife and I got married in August of 2005. before Sept came along, we changed her name at the bank to her married name, and updated all her ID and such. Last night, after being married for 28 months, went to the bank to get a money order for our rent. and they refused, stating that my wife's ID did not match the name on the account. the same account that we changed over just after we got married....

Obviously there is alot more than this, but these were the biggest piss offs for us, and last night was the last straw. BMO has probably the worst customer service I have ever seen, and would not recomend anyone bank there.

We went over to Scotiabank, and holy crap, the service we got there, right off the bat, was great. talk about 1 on 1 attention. stuff that they were willing to do right off the bat for us, we had to run back out to cochrane every time to our "home Branch". With Scotia, I can do anything at any branch!
/rant.

*edit* oh yeah, missed one.

5) Took my car in for a tune up and oil change. had the work done, and tried to pay with my debit card. the tech saw the card and said oh no, BMO cards are not working. we tried it and sure enough, not working. ran over to a couple of ATM machines, none of them were working. had to sit and wait at the shop for 7 hours for the BMO system to come back up so i could pay. tried to call them, and get a recording stating "out call volumes are high, goodbye".

rc2002
11-23-2007, 12:34 PM
What's your credit rating like?

I think you're probably better off without the loan. I don't know if RRSP returns will even beat the loan rates.

anarchy
11-23-2007, 12:35 PM
I banked with them for a number of years and never really had too many problems with them. But this was when I was younger and just did the basic banking, no RRSP, mortgages etc.

However, I've since closed my account and switched over to PC Financial. They are working pretty well for me as they have no fees and you collect PC Points.

spikerS
11-23-2007, 12:36 PM
credit is fine, and the loan would only have been for a year.

Eclipse_Spyder
11-23-2007, 12:44 PM
TD or RBC are always great too

urban.one
11-23-2007, 12:53 PM
All banks are the same. Theres not much difference. Some people will rave about BMO while others will say its terrible. Youll get the same positive and negative response for all the banks.

Something doesnt add up in your story.

Why would you need a secure credit card if your credit is good?

And you asked for an RRSP loand and they said "No" and that was it? No explanation, no nothing? You just said OK and walked away and tried again the following year?

And why are you paying your rent with a money order?

Euro838
11-23-2007, 12:55 PM
It helps if you have a lot of business with them too. Unfortunately banks are like retailers, if you don't have a lot of assets with them or other things like mortgages, loans, etc. They don't make any money off you so they probably don't care very much about a $2K RRSP loan. Those are usually at prime or less. If you came in and said I want a $20K RRSP loan, then that's different. They figure you're too small of fish to be bothered with. I'm sure their $100K+ clients get treated a lot better. Anyways, I can't speak from experience as I do not bank there but I'd say RBC or Scotia FTW!

Mr_ET
11-23-2007, 12:56 PM
RBC:thumbsup:

spikerS
11-23-2007, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by urban.one
All banks are the same. Theres not much difference. Some people will rave about BMO while others will say its terrible. Youll get the same positive and negative response for all the banks.

True enough.

What story? told you of my experience.

I prefer to do it this way, as if something were to happen, the funds are already there to cover any eventuality.

And you asked for an RRSP loand and they said "No" and that was it? No explanation, no nothing? You just said OK and walked away and tried again the following year?

long story short, yes. stated that they didn't want to do loans for what they called "such a small amount"

we use the money order or certified cheque, what ever you want to call it, as this is what our landlords ask for. And really, I am not going to raise an issue on this point when we are paying $850 a month for rent of a half duplex, up and downstairs, and the yard, and are fine with my 2 dogs.

I trust i answered all your questions to your satisfaction? sheesh.

Amysicle
11-23-2007, 04:20 PM

:werd: But mind you, I'd be pretty choked if my bank acted like my business didn't matter and didn't even bother to be nice about it.

But wouldn't you have noticed the name problem on the bank statements? I'm pretty sure they mail it out to the name and address on the account, and for that to have gone on for 28 months..

spikerS
11-23-2007, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Amysicle

:werd: But mind you, I'd be pretty choked if my bank acted like my business didn't matter and didn't even bother to be nice about it.

But wouldn't you have noticed the name problem on the bank statements? I'm pretty sure they mail it out to the name and address on the account, and for that to have gone on for 28 months..

we don't get paper statements, we do it all online. and the reverse could be said as well, it took them 28 months for them to figgure out the issue with the name?

codetrap
11-23-2007, 05:23 PM
Presidents Choice Financial - No FEEs, unlimited transactions, and did I mention no Fees?

sputnik
11-23-2007, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by spikers
credit is fine, and the loan would only have been for a year.

fine meaning 400 or 700?

GTS Jeff
11-23-2007, 08:11 PM
1) 2 years ago, asked for a RRSP loan of $2000. without even doing a credit check or anything, got a flat out NO.

2) last year, asked again for a $2000 RRSP loan, same deal.

3) went into the bank, asked for a secured credit card, had $1000 cash in hand to get it, flat out no again, with the responce "we only do this for newly landed immigrants now"

I bet I know what happened. If they won't even bother running a credit check and just gave you a quick no, it means you're a bad customer. Bad customers come in 2 flavours:

a. poor as shit.
b. irresponsible (even if they didn't check your credit, your account may be flagged for bouncing cheques, fraud, late mortgage payments, whatever)

You're one or both of the above.

TheCheff
11-23-2007, 08:19 PM
Nah man u must have brutal credit. I just opened an account with BMO. I'm 21 and they gave me an offer of 10 000 loan for rrsps, and gave me a BMO mosaik creditcard witha 10 000 limit and the accounts I opened were only 1000 for chequings and 1000 for savings. Apparently I have amazing credit tho so who knows. But Scotiabank FTW. I have business with Scotia, TD and BMO now.

TVG
11-23-2007, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by codetrap
Presidents Choice Financial - No FEEs, unlimited transactions, and did I mention no Fees?

I use them too, and they are great, but one thing to mention is that they don't have branches/tellers etc. so getting something like a certified cheque is a hassle.

copynpaste
11-23-2007, 09:16 PM
BMO is terrible, seriously...I dont even know why the hell im still with them. They dont give a shit about their clients.

Raven_R1
11-23-2007, 09:48 PM
I hate BMO ..TD is the best..

BlackArcher101
11-23-2007, 09:57 PM
No problems with BMO here. In fact, they forgot about my deadline to pay off a debt, so I was able to keep it going longer than I should have. :)

~Leah~
11-23-2007, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by copynpaste
BMO is terrible, seriously...I dont even know why the hell im still with them. They dont give a shit about their clients.

I hear you, I've had nothing but issues with them. They've given me some flat out no's when I asked for a small amount as well. All I needed to do was pay tuition for one class and they denied me. I already had a huge student loan with them and have never missed a payment.

I FINALLY had my first positive experience there last week (after banking with them for 8 years now). I was sick and tired of waiting 5-10 business days for my cheques to clear, so I asked if I was able to talk to someone about making that a less amount of time. The teller looked at my account and said "Sure, since you've been with us so long, that's not a problem. You have a 1 business day maximum hold now." I deposited $2000 and had access to it immediately. I was floored.

We'll see if they keep it up though....

spikerS
11-23-2007, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff

I bet I know what happened. If they won't even bother running a credit check and just gave you a quick no, it means you're a bad customer. Bad customers come in 2 flavours:

a. poor as shit.
b. irresponsible (even if they didn't check your credit, your account may be flagged for bouncing cheques, fraud, late mortgage payments, whatever)

You're one or both of the above.

thanks for generalizing asshole. I am by no means poor, and irresponsible? right. that last point may be valid as a generalization, but that is not the case for my wife and I. when I ask to see someone, and the secretary asks what it is i am looking for, and then won't even set up the appointment?

but since you know me so well.....and know all the ins and outs of BMO in Crowfoot, i guess you know your shit better than I.

and my credit last time it was checked is middle 400s as it has only been in development now for 2 years when i got my last RRSP loan.

spikerS
11-23-2007, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by ~Leah~

I hear you, I've had nothing but issues with them. They've given me some flat out no's when I asked for a small amount as well. All I needed to do was pay tuition for one class and they denied me. I already had a huge student loan with them and have never missed a payment.

I FINALLY had my first positive experience there last week (after banking with them for 8 years now). I was sick and tired of waiting 5-10 business days for my cheques to clear, so I asked if I was able to talk to someone about making that a less amount of time. The teller looked at my account and said "Sure, since you've been with us so long, that's not a problem. You have a 1 business day maximum hold now." I deposited $2000 and had access to it immediately. I was floored.

We'll see if they keep it up though....

we got that as well, but only as a few of the tellers got to know us. i started banking there with my wife about 5.5 years ago, and my wife has been with them since she was 8, grand total of 20 fucking years.

Canmorite
11-23-2007, 11:10 PM
Something doesn't sounds right. I don't see why a bank would just give YOU and your wife shitty service.

Chris Ng
11-23-2007, 11:40 PM
Fico Score under 500 puts you in the highest category of risk .. about 3% of canadians are in this area.. concidering 65% of your score is based on payment history and outstanding debt, while only 15% of the score is based on the length of credit history you have had.. Chances are the reason you were turned away from BMO had less to do with their lack of service, and more to do with your financial situation..

GTS Jeff
11-23-2007, 11:41 PM

we got that as well, but only as a few of the tellers got to know us. i started banking there with my wife about 5.5 years ago, and my wife has been with them since she was 8, grand total of 20 fucking years. You could have banked with them for 80 years and it wouldn't matter with a beacon score of 400. But even so, I bet your account has been flagged with some bad shit.

i guess you know your shit better than I. It's been a long time since I've worked as a teller, but yeah, you could say that. I saw shitty customers all the time - people who expect the world when they have a $200 savings account and a history of empty envelope deposits. Not saying this is you, but hey, why does this thread even exist?

Banks make a shitload of money for a reason. They keep close to their good customers and they distance themselves from the shitty ones.

Godfuader
11-24-2007, 12:00 AM
and the secretary asks what it is i am looking for, and then won't even set up the appointment?

Why dont you elaborate a bit on that? You asked the lady at the front to see someone for an RRSP loan and she turned you down?

TC2002
11-24-2007, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by ~Leah~

I hear you, I've had nothing but issues with them. They've

Same here. I got tired of it, and I closed my account with them last week. Banking with PC as well. I also use my CIBC account once in a while in case I ever need a teller or other face to face services.

The Cosworth
11-24-2007, 12:15 AM

Banks make a shitload of money for a reason. They keep close to their good customers and they distance themselves from the shitty ones.

haha and all the damned fee's they charge me, but I guess my fund manager at TD does a damned good job so I can't complain too much. But really you are right, they don't treat people who they can make cash off of poorly, honestly I get great service at my bank.

Question for ya... I know I have decent to good credit but I don't know the 'number' how would I find that.

I did a credit check thing a year or so ago and I dont remember a number, just what my credit was based on.

Team_Mclaren
11-24-2007, 12:15 AM
Weird enough.. I have never had a problem with BMO, been banking there since i was 12. Even tho they are inconsistent sometimes, its been good overall. I applied for a mastercard online and got one right away, online banking and everything works perfectly, never had a problem with tellers, credit card, debit.... and im only 21 with like no money in my account at all time... lol

A790
11-24-2007, 12:40 AM
A credit score in the 400s? Have you made some seriously bad financial decisions? I'm 21 and I have credit in the high 700s. Sounds to me like you already have a shitload of debt.

Destinova403
11-24-2007, 12:58 AM
i use TD for my RRSP and my investments (yes i know im young but its better to start now)
and i use RBC for all my day-to-day shit... no problems with either of them honestly... just stay on top of the bills and i dont think any bank will really give you any shit... :dunno:

spikerS
11-24-2007, 06:36 AM
i have no idea how they make a credit score, I have only had loans and shit now for 3 years, (well almost 3 years) and never missed a payment, never had a late payment. true, I am not the richest person in Calgary, but always having a minimum balance in there between 2 and 3k every month would demonstrate alot.

either way, the service I am getting from Scotia bank now is far superior to BMO. they already have my new visa in the mail, looking to set up my savings into some investments, line up my mortgage and line of credit, plus they have pre approved me to get my RRSP loan come February. In the few days I have been with them, they have done more for me than BMO ever did.

A790
11-24-2007, 09:17 AM
i have no idea how they make a credit score, I have only had loans and shit now for 3 years, (well almost 3 years) and never missed a payment, never had a late payment. true, I am not the richest person in Calgary, but always having a minimum balance in there between 2 and 3k every month would demonstrate alot.

either way, the service I am getting from Scotia bank now is far superior to BMO. they already have my new visa in the mail, looking to set up my savings into some investments, line up my mortgage and line of credit, plus they have pre approved me to get my RRSP loan come February. In the few days I have been with them, they have done more for me than BMO ever did.
Good. Sounds like BMO was jerking you around anyway.

doublepostwhore
11-24-2007, 02:27 PM
that's why for loans and credit I deal exclusively with td.

keepb your savings at rbc, then open an account with td and deposit a chunk of change along with it.

you can also get fully secured and asset attached loans, they are practically giving them away right now

88jbody
11-24-2007, 02:41 PM
I deal with TD for my savings, and ATB for my day to day banking and have not had any major issues, just the normal small errors that will happen no matter at what bank. tellers at both are great.

last bank I had a loan at was a credit union in another province and the dealing with them was medeoker

Frosty
11-25-2007, 06:48 PM

That's a part of it, but a lot of people overlook the very fundamental reasons banks make so much money.

This is part 2 of 5 of "Money as debt", worth watching for those that haven't seen it...

hfXavRTM4Fg

Spoons
11-25-2007, 07:33 PM
I'm at RBC, and all in all its good, but there are the few extremely retarded people there, but thats at any bank.

I went in to apply for a Line of credit. Just recently I took out a loan for 2500 before, and I paid it off within the matter of maybe a month or a month and a half, much sooner than I was supposed to. I went to the one girl their to take out Line of credit, and she saw I had a loan already, and how fast I paid it off. She told me that was no good, and it got paid of too quickly? Woah, wait a second, you are telling me it is no good that I gave your money back in such a short period of time, rather than taking the whole 2 years to pay it?

I walked out on her, and told the secretary I wanted to talk to this and this name, she tried to give me someone else, and I said NO this person and thats it. I went to talk to that one person who I requested and got accepted for the Line of credit the next day. As I walked out I told the other girl I got helped by before that I was going to pay this one off early too.

Apparently though you don't gain or whatever more credit if you pay it off early, and doesn't show up on your credit report. I'm still young, so I don't really know much about credit scores and stuff, anyone want to elaborate why this girl wasn't going to give me a line of credit cause I paid the last one off early?

TheCheff
11-25-2007, 07:53 PM
^^ because they didnt make any interest off of u lol

Spoons
11-25-2007, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by TheCheff
^^ because they didnt make any interest off of u lol

Well yeah but my credit rating has nothing to do with the bank itself right? I mean yeah I can see how they were pissed that they didn't make interest, but it should look good on my credit that I payed it off early right?

Godfuader
11-26-2007, 12:13 AM
^^ It does not make any difference when you pay off your loans. The Bureau just shows how much you were approved for, current balance and standing (paid off, closed, collections, revolving, etc.) The banks encourage paying off loans early, hence no penalty. The banks love to give out lines of credit just like a credit card company loves to give out their cards.

I am still curious about the original poster's concerns with BMO. There are parts that just dont add up, and I can actually get to the bottom of this...since there are two parts to every story.

spikerS
11-26-2007, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Godfuader

I am still curious about the original poster's concerns with BMO. There are parts that just dont add up, and I can actually get to the bottom of this...since there are two parts to every story.

more than willing to sit down for a coffee with you. but short of you being the branch manager of BMO in crowfoot, or higher, what can you do?

either way, PM me or what ever, and I am more than willing to meet up and discuss it further, if in fact you can do anything.

Impreza
11-26-2007, 12:59 AM
gts jeff is more than likely right here. For them to deny you of pretty much everything so quickly (without even checking your credit, etc) it pretty much means that you have been flagged for something. Whether you did something to deserve the flag or whether it was a mistake, I don't know, but something is definetly flagged on your account.

spikerS
11-26-2007, 01:13 AM
Ok, for arguments sake, lets say the flag is there....

I walked in off the street, asked for the appointment, said what it was for, and told no. didn't give my name, did not even say if I had an account there....

so flag or not on the account, the secretary would not have known, unless they all use facial recognition software for setting up appointments.

Also spoke with one of the few people that are actually helpful there, and no, there is nothing like a "flag" on my account.

Godfuader
11-26-2007, 02:13 AM

more than willing to sit down for a coffee with you. but short of you being the branch manager of BMO in crowfoot, or higher, what can you do?
either way, PM me or what ever, and I am more than willing to meet up and discuss it further, if in fact you can do anything.

Just from the original post:

1,2) In any lending interview, you have to determine if the client has a high probability of being accepted for the loan. The bank does not want to just fill out apps and notify the client what was already determined in the meeting. Alot of criteria is regarded whenever an app is sent to credit. If the lender can determine that the client is not likely to be an acceptable client, they dont want to put another "hit" on your credit bureau. Giving out an RRSP loan is very favourable to the bank because you have to invest it back with BMO. They get a loan interest from you, as well as investments...its a win-win. For a lender to say no...there has to be a good reason.

3) BMO does not offer cash-secured credit cards. Its just a policy. Not every bank has to follow suit. A policy is a policy...there is no grey area.

4) Was the teller taking steps to rectify the situation? Was the assistant branch manager involved? Just out of curiosity, did your wife storm out of the branch when she was denied?

Receptionist issue; The receptionist would have just 2 parts to play in the scenario:
a) She may advise you if the bank carries the product you are looking for.
b) When can she book you in to see someone.

At no point does she have any authority to determine if you are approved or not. There had to have been miscommunication. IF she had actually turned you away, not because of scheduling conflict, the I would escalate the situation.

msommers
11-26-2007, 02:13 AM
I think it depends entirely on the branch and the people working there, as opposed to labeling the entire banking company.

My personal experience with my bank, Scotia, is limited but not the greatest. The tellers by my house aren't bad, it's the guy I had to deal with for my credit card. After personally coming in twice to drop off my credit card applicantion, I got denied twice without him checking anything. So I got my Mom to check it out and noticed it was flawless. We set up an appointment with this douchebag again, however this time I brought my Mom. She came in, threatened to change her mortgage to a different bank (as it was due soon) and demanded I at least a credit check. Well turns out that check wasn't necessary, got approved right there and managed to get a better interest rate on the mortgage:rofl:

Like I said, I think it all depends on the branch and the employees working there. Switching from one bank to the next gives no security that another asshat won't be working there.

urban.one
11-26-2007, 09:57 AM
Were you polite when you walked into the bank? Did you call the woman you spoke with "secretary"?

Complain to the branch manager or to corporate offices if you really did receive such treatment.

Ok, for arguments sake, lets say the flag is there....

I walked in off the street, asked for the appointment, said what it was for, and told no. didn't give my name, did not even say if I had an account there....

so flag or not on the account, the secretary would not have known, unless they all use facial recognition software for setting up appointments.

Also spoke with one of the few people that are actually helpful there, and no, there is nothing like a "flag" on my account.

spikerS
11-26-2007, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Godfuader

Just from the original post:

1,2) In any lending interview, you have to determine if the client has a high probability of being accepted for the loan. The bank does not want to just fill out apps and notify the client what was already determined in the meeting. Alot of criteria is regarded whenever an app is sent to credit. If the lender can determine that the client is not likely to be an acceptable client, they dont want to put another "hit" on your credit bureau. Giving out an RRSP loan is very favourable to the bank because you have to invest it back with BMO. They get a loan interest from you, as well as investments...its a win-win. For a lender to say no...there has to be a good reason.

you are right, there is virtually zero risk for a RRSP loan, bank has everything to gain, with nothing to loose as I never actually have access to the RRSP until it is paid off. but this is a moot point since i never even got to apply for the RRSP loan.

3) BMO does not offer cash-secured credit cards. Its just a policy. Not every bank has to follow suit. A policy is a policy...there is no grey area.

That is fine, but the fact that they are only willing to do it for certain customers, as was explained to me, that they are only willing to do it for new immigrants, really irked me, policy or not.

4) Was the teller taking steps to rectify the situation? Was the assistant branch manager involved? Just out of curiosity, did your wife storm out of the branch when she was denied?

on this i am not sure. i was not in the bank with her, knowing my wife it would not have surprised me as she is an emotional woman, but while she was in the bank, i was at the dodge dealership booking my car in for service, came back and she was in tears. And to be honest, i would not blame her if she did.

Receptionist issue; The receptionist would have just 2 parts to play in the scenario:
a) She may advise you if the bank carries the product you are looking for.
b) When can she book you in to see someone.

At no point does she have any authority to determine if you are approved or not. There had to have been miscommunication. IF she had actually turned you away, not because of scheduling conflict, the I would escalate the situation.

now remember that this happened last year, and the year before, to be more specific, the receptionist basically said we don't have alot of appointments available, what did you want? oh, well they don't want to do loans for smaller ammounts and blah blah blah. basically when I left, without being told, it was implied they wanted to keep the available appointments open for other people.

Originally posted by msommers
I think it depends entirely on the branch and the people working there, as opposed to labeling the entire banking company.

Not trying to drag the whole BMO corp down. I have clearly stated a few times now, that i am referring to the Crowfoot branch. I can't really speak about other branches as I can't recall using any other BMO branch.

Were you polite when you walked into the bank? Did you call the woman you spoke with "secretary"?

yes, I am always polite and respectful, and choose my fights carefully, unless someone is being completely retarded above reason, which the secretary, or whatever they want to call her, was being nice and polite as well. They were not willing to accomodate me, so i took the business elsewhere. I look at it as their loss.

And I will end this on a positive note: if you do bank there, try to deal with Powell or Suzanne, they have awesome customer service, are always up-beat, and will go the extra mile for you! :thumbsup:

alloroc
11-26-2007, 01:19 PM
With a credit score of 400 I wouldn't give you shit either.

Banking is kind of like speeding.

If you think the rules are stupid then don't be stupid.

spikerS
11-26-2007, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by alloroc

Banking is kind of like speeding.

If you think the rules are stupid then don't be stupid.

lol, ok fanboy, thanks for coming out.

Daan
11-26-2007, 01:43 PM
Jesus Christ, our education system is bad

anyway, banking with TD and getting credit with Citi has always been good for me. try it!

Originally posted by 88jbody
dealing with them was medeoker

alloroc
11-26-2007, 01:48 PM

lol, ok fanboy, thanks for coming out.

You forgot to quote the part where I reiterated your credit score is 400
http://www.fcac-acfc.gc.ca/eng/publications/CreditReportScore/ExSupport/fico_6_en.gif

A score of 400 means that 98% of the population has better credit than you.

This means you are doing something wrong, or the bank thinks you are doing something wrong.

Again its kind of like speeding.
You have to know the rules and be aware of them. Ignorance does not equal innocence.

Perhaps you should schedule some time with a financial advisor.

spikerS
11-26-2007, 01:59 PM
and if you read the rest of the posts here, you will notice that they had no foreknowledge of my credit score before being denied an appointment to get the RRSP loan.

and to be completely honest, i can't even say for sure what my credit rating is. i honestly have no clue. the 466 number i heard, could have been anything. but again was not the issue.

i say again, thanks for coming out.

urban.one
11-26-2007, 02:35 PM
dont banks pull your credit bureau now when you open an account? theyd have your score from that. theres probably tons of red flags attached to your account; even a warning to make sure none of the furniture from the bank goes missing.

and if you read the rest of the posts here, you will notice that they had no foreknowledge of my credit score before being denied an appointment to get the RRSP loan.

and to be completely honest, i can't even say for sure what my credit rating is. i honestly have no clue. the 466 number i heard, could have been anything. but again was not the issue.

i say again, thanks for coming out.

GTS Jeff
11-26-2007, 02:36 PM

i say again, thanks for coming out. So would you agree with me when I say, I SO TOTALLY CALLED IT when I said earlier that you're either:

A. poor as shit
B. irresponsible

Not only that, but now I hear that you are irate and belligerent and your wife is emotional at the bank?

Hmm...sounds like a euphemism for crazy lady making a scene at the bank. This is just an assumption on my part, but I was already correct with my last assumption wasn't I?

Toms-SC
11-26-2007, 02:43 PM
lol @ your credit

01RedDX
11-26-2007, 02:45 PM

urban.one
11-26-2007, 08:09 PM
maybe its your criminal record?

I got charged with assault last night. and proud of it.

Went to a pub with my wife to celebrate new years, and long story short, my wife dolled up, then this guy (kinda looked like one of the "guido" brothers) will not leave my wife alone. he grabs her ass, I tell him to back off, he then cops a feel, and I shove him accross the pool table. he leaves, and comes back with 4 guys and calls me out. I smirk, and walk outside telling him to hurry up. I let him hit me once, and knocked him out in 4 punches. one of his buddys comes in, we start to grapple, and that is when the cops showed up.

I got charged with assault, but Guido boy will never have a straight nose again after my knee hit it. :clap:

spikerS
11-26-2007, 11:55 PM
^^ lol, i had forgotten about that, but i can say the charges were thrown out by the crown, so no record. But how many on here would not have done the same in my position?

But either way, this whole thread was to inform everyone of the poor customer service and relations received at the Crowfoot BMO branch. Take it or leave it. If people like GTSjeff want to e-thug it, so be it. If anyone wants to say there are too many inconsistencies in the story, please PM me, and I will fill them in. But as far as I can see, there are none.

I thank Godfuader for taking a genuine intrest in this, and taking it seriously. I hope that you can take things from this and make some improvements there. Would not surprise me to find out that you are powell.

All things said, ther service that I received from Crowfoot BMO, in my opinion, has been sub par, and in the end took my business elsewhere.

alloroc
11-27-2007, 09:04 AM
btw I am not E thugging I am serious,

If you feel you have done nothing to warrant such a shitty credit score see a financial advisor, perhaps they can get it fixed. You have to do some seriously silly things (read stupid) to warrant a score in the 400's and it will take a long time to come back up if you remain ignorant to (continue to ignore) your situation

Like I said either you have done something wrong.

or

You haven't and somebody thinks you did and reported you, Perhaps a case of stolen identity?

See a financial advisor at your new bank.

Note that something as simple as someone pulling your credit takes a few points off. So don't have it checked 'weekly' Talk to your banker and see if there is a way for you to pull it yourself, then you have a copy. Or ask if they can give you a copy of the pull they did.

Godfuader
11-27-2007, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by alloroc
see if there is a way for you to pull it yourself, then you have a copy. Or ask if they can give you a copy of the pull they did.

Try Equifax. (https://www.econsumer.equifax.ca/ca/main) They have 2 online paid options...or you can get your report for free via snail-mail.