PDA

View Full Version : Where do Crashed Cars Go?



boxer23
11-23-2007, 06:16 PM
Hey I was just wondering, my friends car just got totaled, and he decided the payout was better, and I wanted to buy it. Does anyone know which auction it will go to, if it will go to an auction in Calgary?
thanks

badatusrnames
11-23-2007, 06:24 PM
They go to the big Autobahn in the sky.

Sorry couldn't resist...

ZC_CIVIC
11-23-2007, 06:27 PM
i know lots of them go to the citywide towing yard on 84th ave there right outside shepard but im not sure where they go to get auctions off... so i would just call them maybe cuz i know crashed cars go there cuz there is like 200-400 cars sitting in there lot all kinda of fucked up...so maybe give them a call to see if thats the yard

auctioneer
11-23-2007, 07:10 PM
Insurance write-offs go to Impact Auto Auction www.impactauto.ca. I've never been there so I can't give you details but this is where the cars end up.

toyboy88
11-23-2007, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by auctioneer
Insurance write-offs go to Impact Auto Auction www.impactauto.ca. I've never been there so I can't give you details but this is where the cars end up.

List of current calgary cars:

http://www.impactauto.ca/runlist?loc=CALC&act=search

SR240SX
11-23-2007, 07:16 PM
They go to hell.

euro_racer
11-23-2007, 08:12 PM
as far as i know they first go to the impound until everything is settled and from there they go to a salvaga auction. there are several different salvage ouctions in town and as far as i know, they go to eather one of thease auctions depending on what auction house the insurance company has a contract with. from there the car will be stored for untill everything is finalized and cleared and then they will be put up for sale :thumbsup:

Evolize
11-23-2007, 08:23 PM
the cars are sold at auctions at diamond auto disposal, impact auto auctions and calgary salvage and disposal.

and then they are brought by those companies to my work at bucks auto parts where we recycle them

StreetRacerX
11-23-2007, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Evolize
the cars are sold at auctions at diamond auto disposal, impact auto auctions and calgary salvage and disposal.

and then they are brought by those companies to my work at bucks auto parts where we recycle them

hey do you ever get 95-99 Avengers/Sebrings or any 95-99 base Talons/Eclipses? I drop by occasionally and theres never any there, I know Pick n Pull has two Sebrings and a atx Talon but the Brings are all V6

cloud1314
11-23-2007, 08:44 PM
Your friend could ask the insurance about buying back the
salvage car, that way you dont need to go to the auction
most auctions require amvic/dealer license

Evolize
11-23-2007, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by StreetRacerX


hey do you ever get 95-99 Avengers/Sebrings or any 95-99 base Talons/Eclipses? I drop by occasionally and theres never any there, I know Pick n Pull has two Sebrings and a atx Talon but the Brings are all V6 theres a 1997 talon esi sitting in the yard for parts at the mo ment.

whiskas
11-23-2007, 10:30 PM
The insurance company usually has a deal with a salvage yard.

stevo 27
11-23-2007, 10:37 PM
did anyone notice on that list that was post 70% of the cars were cavaliers hahaha

skorpiius
12-08-2007, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by Evolize
the cars are sold at auctions at diamond auto disposal, impact auto auctions and calgary salvage and disposal.

and then they are brought by those companies to my work at bucks auto parts where we recycle them

Sorry to bump a month old thread, but since you seem to be 'in the know'.. any idea of the path that cars not deemed auction worthy follow? For example a friend is looking for early 80's tercel, and I would expect such a car would go direct to a scrapyard, whether from private owner or police impound lot (I see the min bids are now $500 at the police auction so that counts out many cheap cars). I'm also going to be looking for a early 80's celica in the spring. Just wondering if there's a way to grab such now-cheap cars before they're scrap metal? Especially since we'd both be willing to take broken motor examples of these cars.

Thanks

mx73someday
12-08-2007, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Evolize
the cars are sold at auctions at diamond auto disposal, impact auto auctions and calgary salvage and disposal.

Does Calgary Salvage and Disposal have a website? I couldn't find one.

Proboscis
12-09-2007, 03:46 AM
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d200/proboscis100/cars.jpg

You can drive around and check out whats there!

f150mikey060
12-09-2007, 11:57 AM
i was there a month and a bit ago...to see my friends wrecked gtr. we walked around and saw all the vehicles. there are some that appear to be easily salvagable...and other that are utterly fucked.

Evolize
12-09-2007, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by skorpiius


Sorry to bump a month old thread, but since you seem to be 'in the know'.. any idea of the path that cars not deemed auction worthy follow? For example a friend is looking for early 80's tercel, and I would expect such a car would go direct to a scrapyard, whether from private owner or police impound lot (I see the min bids are now $500 at the police auction so that counts out many cheap cars). I'm also going to be looking for a early 80's celica in the spring. Just wondering if there's a way to grab such now-cheap cars before they're scrap metal? Especially since we'd both be willing to take broken motor examples of these cars.

Thanks if the car is rare, hard to find, new, etc. it will hit auction. if my bud at the impound checks over a car and says it will get money, he will throw it in the auction.

If it's a basic 80's celica etc, no, they go straight to scrap because they are just an ecocar that nobody wants, then we get them and crush them.

it's not bad to work there because of the cool shit i find all the time, but the pay sucks, the people i work with are not much to be desired, the place i work at is run by people with money so employees get no say in anything, plus theres that little 'mole' that sucks bosses cock and gets what he wants even tho he doesnt work there.

Evolize
12-09-2007, 12:31 PM
http://www.calgaryparking.com/auctioninfo.php3

Check that out. That's the impounds listing of auction cars so you can get an idea of what to expect.

Keep in mind, shit like the 1997 cavalier, are probably going to have rims, exhaust, lowering, etc.

skorpiius
12-10-2007, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Evolize
[If it's a basic 80's celica etc, no, they go straight to scrap because they are just an ecocar that nobody wants, then we get them and crush them.


Is there any opportunity at all to yank a car from the path between police lot and crusher, for a price higher than the scrap metal is worth?