PDA

View Full Version : subwoofers voiding warranty?

pf0sh0
11-24-2007, 06:47 PM
Hey,

If I install a subwoofer into a mercedes ML (4x4) will it void the existing warranty on the vehicle?

bobby_lu
11-25-2007, 01:15 AM
no, but please get something discreet and professionally done

CivicTunr
11-25-2007, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by bobby_lu
no, but please get something discreet and professionally done

your wrong, the ML 4x4 bens dont handle well to subwoofers, it usually shorts the electrical system in the vehicle, so it is completely useless unless someone decides to rewire the whole car, but that is very pricey.

bobby_lu
11-25-2007, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by CivicTunr

your wrong, the ML 4x4 bens dont handle well to subwoofers, it usually shorts the electrical system in the vehicle, so it is completely useless unless someone decides to rewire the whole car, but that is very pricey.

bens? lol

anyways, im assuming this means the OP does not have the upgraded BOSE audio, so you could just pick up the upgraded OEM stereo for a plug and play..

And I have see plenty of ML's with after market subs/systems...:drama:

If you want more specific info check out www.benzworld.org/forums

kvanderlaag
11-25-2007, 01:30 AM
The subwoofer will only void the warranty if you don't install the corresponding pulsing interior neon.

pf0sh0
11-25-2007, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by kvanderlaag
The subwoofer will only void the warranty if you don't install the corresponding pulsing interior neon.

hahaha.. he already has the neon!

p.s. for my buddies car.. not mine

and he is thinking of one 12" infinity perfect.

Zero102
11-25-2007, 01:55 AM
They can only void related parts of the warranty. If he installs a sub, then has interior rattles, wiring issues, etc., they may refuse to cover it if they feel it is related.

For example, I have added an aftermarket sub, coolant heater and some interior lighting to my golf, and they still covered a rattle in the dash (broken clip from the factory) and a couple of failed cooling system components. It is pretty much in the dealership's hands.

pf0sh0
11-25-2007, 10:45 AM
oh okay..

So I guess it's really all up to them... if the are douche bags or not.

97'Scort
11-26-2007, 12:23 AM
They can't void a warranty for anything you don't mess with. So if you hack off the wiring harness to put in pre-outs, and something goes wrong, you're on the hook. But if your headgasket blows the powertrain warranty is still good :)

Do your buddy a favour and send him to a good shop that warranties their work.

zieg
11-26-2007, 12:41 AM
I wonder if anyone at the dealership would know.........

zipdoa
01-23-2008, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by kvanderlaag

hahahaha :rofl:

infected
01-23-2008, 04:09 PM
It's fine, no worries.