PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Loser: Beyond Edition?

Crymson
11-26-2007, 11:04 AM
I know this forum is mostly populated with you healthy, ripped, gym going fanatics -- you guys can ignore this if you want.

I have a hard time keeping motivated at the gym. I know i'm about 40 lbs overweight, and go to the gym for weight loss purposes.

I've done some pretty simple things to cut my weight down about 20 lbs over the last 6 months -- like cutting out pop, and getting soups or salads, as opposed to fries. But i know the real gains (or hopefully, losses!) come from the gym.

I was wondering if other are in the same boat as me, and wanted to use a thread to help keep track of our weight loss weekly. See if we can help each other keep motivated, especially during the overindulgant holiday season.

A790
11-26-2007, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Crymson
I know this forum is mostly populated with you healthy, ripped, gym going fanatics -- you guys can ignore this if you want.

I have a hard time keeping motivated at the gym. I know i'm about 40 lbs overweight, and go to the gym for weight loss purposes.

I've done some pretty simple things to cut my weight down about 20 lbs over the last 6 months -- like cutting out pop, and getting soups or salads, as opposed to fries. But i know the real gains (or hopefully, losses!) come from the gym.

I was wondering if other are in the same boat as me, and wanted to use a thread to help keep track of our weight loss weekly. See if we can help each other keep motivated, especially during the overindulgant holiday season.
I could stand to lose about 10-15 lbs. I'm in dude!

So I guess we'll call this week one.

230 lbs, 6'2, 36" waist.

JAYMEZ
11-26-2007, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Crymson
But i know the real gains (or hopefully, losses!) come from the gym.

Real gains (Or losses) come from mostly your diet... Gym just makes it better! But 90 percent of your work out is what you eat!! But awesome losses over the view months.. Its OK to drink Diet Pops occasionally , and also have a cheat day every second week. :thumbsup:

11-26-2007, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ

Real gains (Or losses) come from mostly your diet... Gym just makes it better! But 90 percent of your work out is what you eat!! But awesome losses over the view months.. Its OK to drink Diet Pops occasionally , and also have a cheat day every second week. :thumbsup:

Very true. Try to only eat out once or twice a week and make meals at home. You save a lot of money and its 10x healther for you.

A790
11-26-2007, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by 5.0

Very true. Try to only eat out once or twice a week and make meals at home. You save a lot of money and its 10x healther for you.
DEpends where you eat out and how you cook when you're at home :P

Rat Fink
11-26-2007, 02:02 PM

Forcefed
11-26-2007, 03:58 PM
Im going to recomend Bodybuilding.com go check that site. If you got bored stop by my Bodyspace, my user name is Isonex :)

Crymson
11-26-2007, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Rat Fink
I went from 240 lbs to 185 in 5 months during the summer of '06

I stopped pop, alcohol, anything deep fried. Cooked at home every day (except the odd nice restaurant...not fast food). Worked out every day which involved about 30 minutes of weights and a 6 km run on the treadmill afterwards. (approx 25 minutes or so). The odd "spin class" at the Y (on exercise bikes). And don't laugh, but once a week I also went to exercise ball classes. I was the only guy, had a great view, and worked out my core muscles too.

At that time I was also working in the oilfield in very hot weather down here in Medicine Hat so my minimal working out at the gym was compensated by the physical work I did during the day.

Dropped 20 pounds in the first month, then took the other 4 months to drop the rest.

I've cut my pop intake by about 90%. I used to about 2-3 cans a day, and now i feel guilty if i drink a can a week.

I still booze it up, but i've switched from beers and mix drinkes, to low calorie drinks like gin and tonics or vodka sodas (i've also noticed a SIGNIFICANT reduction in hangover strengths due to this).

I'm not a super fatass -- I'm about 235, 6'3 and probalby a 38 inch waist. Im down from about 250 was my worst, but up from 180 at my best, i'd love to be about 205. Once i moved to calgary and took an office job after uni, i gained about 40 pounds in 18 months.

I'm taking 3 weeks off in december, and i'm hopeing to really hit the gym hard during that time, and develope a routine that i cannot break. I have a membership at Westside rec centre, but i'm lucky if i get there 2 times a week for and hour or so at the most. I normally try to go after work, but it's just so damned busy. I'm hoping that during my time off i can get a few hours in mid day. Hopefully it's slower.

JAYMEZ
11-26-2007, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Forcefed
Im going to recomend Bodybuilding.com go check that site. If you got bored stop by my Bodyspace, my user name is Isonex :)

Lol Chris , you trying to pick up beyonders :rofl:

03ozwhip
11-26-2007, 05:23 PM
alright, im fairly skinny im 5'11 165 lbs. youre probably thinking i should gain weight, and youre right. BUT the 165 came really fast from the 130 i was at a little over a year ago. like someone else said im at a desk and i really gained the weight. the weight isnt my problem, its the pot belly that i got from the weight. its barely anywhere else but the stomach. i dont eat bad, but i dont eat great either, and i have cut my pop intake by 90% and try to eat whole wheat and shit like that. whats the best way for me to lose this thing?

peterparker
11-26-2007, 05:24 PM
can i do it to even tho im like 25 pounds underweight...

Forcefed
11-26-2007, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ

Lol Chris , you trying to pick up beyonders :rofl:

Nah...I have a gf and shes hawt ;)

Bimmer88
11-26-2007, 09:56 PM
Sigh.. I need to gain weight!!

and that's with eat like chicken and steak like everyday with rice, and veggies!! and sometimes seafood like fish.

De Dutch
11-27-2007, 03:24 AM
Im in. I find the hardest thing is motivation. I played hockey at a fairly high competitive level, once i quit, I went from 188 (@ 6'2), 6% body fat, to 240 within 2 years. I shaved off about 20 lbs this summer, down to 220, but i need to lose the extra 30-40! I seem to binge out on the liquor and fast food!

s_havinga
11-27-2007, 09:15 AM
I am in, 6'3, 250lbs, looking to lose 25-30 lbs. I go to the gym 3 times a week for about an hour (30min cardio, 30min weights). I also play hockey twice a week. I dont actually care about how much wieght I lose, I just want to look like I am in good shape. I imagine the 25lbs would do that.