PDA

View Full Version : Harveys, Arby's

Supa Dexta
11-26-2007, 12:22 PM
I was just thinking about this, I never eat at these places. Do you, and do you regularly? I'm not sure what it is, but when ever I do get fast food it's always macdonalds, A&W, maybe wendys or dairy queen.. Growing up I never had either around me, or a burger king, so I rarely eat there either.. So I guess that must be why, just not used to going there, so I never think to. But they stay in business, I have seen a couple of arby's buildings closed down, but there are still a number around, so some people must eat there.. Anything worth going there for? Am I missing out?

nj2Type-S
11-26-2007, 12:24 PM
i'm so hungry i can eat at arby's.

teggypimp95
11-26-2007, 12:24 PM
I use to like Arbys but its kinda gross. I use to know a guy who worked there and he said the meat isent even real meet. Its all the left over crap mashed together then thinly shaved lol.

I love Harveys. They just taste like home made burgers. Kinda like the subway of burgers.

Xtrema
11-26-2007, 12:26 PM
Harvey is good. Arby, not so much.

Speed_69
11-26-2007, 12:27 PM
I love Harvey's..at least i know their burgers are cooked fresh.

Supa Dexta
11-26-2007, 12:28 PM
Are they more expensive? I guess they can't be much worse, even dairy queen is more then usual.. But you can kind of see the trend in how busy a place is by how cheap the burgers are and how fast they whip them out...

teggypimp95
11-26-2007, 12:47 PM
No harveys is about the same price as McDonalds.

saiyajin
11-26-2007, 12:48 PM
arbys curly fries and chicken bacon swiss ftw

Machi
11-26-2007, 12:49 PM
I only go to Arby's for the curly fries.. not often though.

spikerS
11-26-2007, 12:58 PM
arby's BBQ sauce is the shit.

every fast food place has it's highlight.

arby's - BBQ sauce
KFC - gravy
dairy queen - blizzards
mc'donalds - big mac or chicken nuggets
A&W - teen burgers
Taco bell - beef burritos
ect ect...

alloroc
11-26-2007, 01:03 PM
Arby's used to have a sandwhich called the 'super roast beef'
It was really good.
Though I have not eaten there since the stopped selling it (almost a year)
I'll have a Harvey's burger one or two times a year (on the way out of home depot. Harvey's makes good burgers.

Isaiah
11-26-2007, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by spikers
arby's BBQ sauce is the shit.

every fast food place has it's highlight.

arby's - BBQ sauce
KFC - gravy
dairy queen - blizzards
mc'donalds - big mac or chicken nuggets
A&W - teen burgers
Taco bell - beef burritos
ect ect...

Are you heavy set by chance?

Mr. Burns
11-26-2007, 01:06 PM
Arby's chicken fingers are great...

Aleks
11-26-2007, 01:19 PM
I have never been to either. Arby's commercials make me want to vomit.

FreakinPrince
11-26-2007, 01:24 PM
i recommend you to try out Harvey's ...its just plain old good burger...damn craving for it again!!!

spikerS
11-26-2007, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Isaiah

Are you heavy set by chance?

a little...275lbs, but I am also 6'5". wife wants me to get back down to 245 again so she can see my abs again.

szw
11-26-2007, 09:47 PM
Arby's is my favourite out of any fast food burger place in calgary. ARBY sauce+ HORSEY sauce = ...soemthing good..

Weapon_R
11-26-2007, 09:55 PM
Arby's is awesome. Harvey's too. Both are far better that McDonalds :barf:

Gainsbarre
11-26-2007, 10:01 PM
There's an Arby's on 12th ave and Macleod Trail S.E. not too far from where I work (I only go there a few times because I have coupons). I think that place is still in business because of all the condo developments going on in the immediate area -- it's the only fast food place in the area, and it always seems to be filled over the lunch hour with construction workers.

But yeah, generally I try to avoid fast food.

LongCity
11-26-2007, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by spikers

a little...275lbs, but I am also 6'5". wife wants me to get back down to 245 again so she can see my abs again.

Dang, and you drive a civic?

BerserkerCatSplat
11-26-2007, 10:14 PM
I love Arby's, Harvey's not so much. Beef & Cheddars are awesome.

rmk
11-26-2007, 10:19 PM
Arby's beef 'n cheddar ftw.

bobby_lu
11-26-2007, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by LongCity

LOL

DarkDream
11-27-2007, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by rmk
Arby's beef 'n cheddar ftw.

totally agree..

spikerS
11-27-2007, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by LongCity

Originally posted by bobby_lu

LOL

Yeah, surprisingly enough, I fit well in it. I should update that now since I sold it awhile back.

wardpr68
11-27-2007, 02:59 AM
Arby's Beef and Cheddar and curly fries are amazing!!!

And Harveys burgers are amazing, also a big fan of their onion rings.

Supa Dexta
11-27-2007, 09:03 PM
Well I went and tried it tonight.. And heres the low down

Place was very clean, and well kept..
I liked the toppings and ability to pick and choose
Price was alright
I got the double bacon cheese buger, $5.09, only other burger that much was the angus burger I think it said

Over all though, I don't know if I'd go back.. The beef wasn't very good, sort of rubbery and wet, kind of like the cheap bulk burgers you'd get at walmart or safeway.. So when it combined with all the toppings, it was overly wet tasting, like I had a drink of water mixed in my mouth every bite, kinda weird.. I wonder if the angus burger would have been better quality beef..

szw
11-28-2007, 07:48 AM
But you like mcdonalds beef?!????

sputnik
11-28-2007, 08:03 AM
Not a huge fan of Harvey's.

There is nothing terribly special about the burgers there.

JordanEG6
11-28-2007, 11:12 AM
I like Arby's, it's pretty good. Harveys is, meh, okay I guess...I'd eat there if there was no other option.

Originally posted by nj2Type-S
i'm so hungry i can eat at arby's.

:rofl: :rofl: Simpsons is hilarious

mx73someday
11-29-2007, 12:02 PM
I've had Harvey's very few times in Edmonton and Calgary, I like the food, it's the service that sucks. The staff are almost always immature or slow. They don't seem to work any harder when they realize a customer has walked in. I remember once one of the employees was getting a lecture right beside the cashier, customers don't need to see that.

403Gemini
11-29-2007, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by mx73someday
I've had Harvey's very few times in Edmonton and Calgary, I like the food, it's the service that sucks. The staff are almost always immature or slow. They don't seem to work any harder when they realize a customer has walked in. I remember once one of the employees was getting a lecture right beside the cashier, customers don't need to see that.

Question... what type of staff do you expect at fast food restaurants? Most of the "adults" or "mature people" that work at these establishments are GENERALLY society's rejects and couldnt get anything else that is better... so expect people with horrible social skills and annoying ass teenagers

Crymson
11-29-2007, 12:57 PM
I don't eat at arbys --- but i love the fact that they have "specials" where they advertise the price for FIVE sandwiches. That, is awesome. I mean, c'mon.

Jay911
11-29-2007, 01:01 PM
Harvey's makes a good burger, and to the person who was calling them 'wet' - that's grease and the juices in the meat. The beef I have with them (forgive the pun) is that they decided to eliminate their large drinks. I wrote Cara (Harvey's parent company) about it and was told that not enough people buy large drinks to make it cost effective. So when I have the urge to hit the drive-thru for a Harvey's burger, I either have to have a drink that lasts only about halfway thru the meal, or bring my own.

De Dutch
11-29-2007, 11:46 PM
Harveys is good, but I always forget about it when it comes to feasting time!

Supa Dexta
11-30-2007, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Jay911
Harvey's makes a good burger, and to the person who was calling them 'wet' - that's grease and the juices in the meat.

I know what grease is.. I'm saying the burger itself was overly wet... there is a difference.. :rolleyes:

And it's not that I like mc'ds beef better.. I rarely eat there, but the mac's "taste" is one that you crave now and then... Hell I grew up on a beef farm, I know what good meat tastes like..

modded46
11-30-2007, 01:41 PM
I always get veggie burgers.. and this is my opinion on how they rank.. usually they look at you a little funny when you order but they taste exactly the same with toppings as a regular burger..

Burger King - best veggie out there by far.
Harveys
MacDonalds
A&W - gardenburger is kinda gross, all others use a soy type burger from what I understand..

No i'm not a vegetarian but I also don't think you need 50g of fat from one burger hehe

modded46
11-30-2007, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta

I know what grease is.. I'm saying the burger itself was overly wet... there is a difference.. :rolleyes:

And it's not that I like mc'ds beef better.. I rarely eat there, but the mac's "taste" is one that you crave now and then... Hell I grew up on a beef farm, I know what good meat tastes like..

What exactly is a beef farm?? hahahaa :dunno:

Supa Dexta
12-02-2007, 11:29 AM
what!? for real?

A beef farm, where beef cattle are raised for meat.. where do you think meat comes from?
http://www.beefconnections.ca/images/calves%20pics%202005/Wellington%20North%20Beef%20Farm.JPG

A dairy farm, where dairy cattle are rasied and milk comes from...
http://www.usagypsum.com/AMI_dairy_farm.jpg

A pig farm? you guessed it, pork...
http://www.cowsarecool.com/photos/pigFarm01.jpg

Hell every animal has a farm,

horse:
http://www.majesticmeadowfarm.com/images/6%20stall%20Run-Out.jpg

chicken:
http://rafah.virtualactivism.net/newsphotos/06/march%202006/birdsflue2.jpg

sheep:
http://static.flickr.com/49/112452445_44b6728f64.jpg

etc... crazy city kids.. :nut:

dino_martini
12-02-2007, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by De Dutch
Harveys is good, but I always forget about it when it comes to feasting time!

:werd: Harvey's is good, but I forget that it exists if Im not driving by it at the exact moment I feel hungry.

modded46
12-02-2007, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
[B]what!? for real?

A beef farm, where beef cattle are raised for meat.. where do you think meat comes from?
http://www.beefconnections.ca/images/calves%20pics%202005/Wellington%20North%20Beef%20Farm.JPG

Wouldn't that be considered a CATTLE FARM?? I've never heard the term "BEEF FARM".. Must be a FARRRRRRRRRRRR Easterner thing.. hehe

Supa Dexta
12-02-2007, 05:30 PM
I don't think man.. Cattle is just a general term to say there are cows on a farm, but dairy and beef are entirely different operations, and therefore labeled so.. And:

http://www.genusbreeding.co.uk/content.output/1/333/Beef%20/Beef%20for%20Beef%20Farmers/Beef%20Farmer%20of%20the%20Year%202006.mspx

http://www.milk.org/corporate/view.aspx

.. if ya don't know, now ya know..

Jay911
12-02-2007, 11:01 PM
Part of the problem with the above is that 90% of fast food places in Calgary are shutting down at ridiculous hours these days due to lack of staff - let alone the fact that we have about a quarter as many as other cities our size do. The Burger King near my work shuts down completely on Saturdays and Sundays and doesn't stay open past 5pm on weeknights. The one by North Hill, I don't know if it's been open once in the past 3 months. I went to Wendy's last week in Signal Hill and the drive thru was closed at 3:30 on a Wednesday afternoon (with no signs or barricades to make note of this fact, might I add). And the stores that do stay open are so few and far between.. I don't want to have to drive across town to a Home Depot to get a burger, fergawdsake.

94SSEi
12-06-2007, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by modded46
I always get veggie burgers.. and this is my opinion on how they rank.. usually they look at you a little funny when you order but they taste exactly the same with toppings as a regular burger..

Burger King - best veggie out there by far.
Harveys
MacDonalds
A&W - gardenburger is kinda gross, all others use a soy type burger from what I understand..

No i'm not a vegetarian but I also don't think you need 50g of fat from one burger hehe

I'm a veg. I would rank Harvey's above BK for sure. Does McDs even have a veggie burger anymore? I thought they got rid of it.

Agree with you on A&W though, that Swiss Garden Veg Deluxe is nasty.

Give Montana's a try sometime. Their veg porabello and pepper burger is fantastic.

clem24
12-06-2007, 02:49 PM
McD's axed that veggie burger looooong ago. When I worked there what, like 15 years ago, they had it. We'd sell about 1 every few days. Then there were poeple that would order a vegetarian cheeseburger.. I.e. Cheeseburger without the meat. Not sure I understood that.

Anyways, I think Harvey's is awesome. Bacon dbl cheese FTW!! :drool:

Arby's... Hate that place. When their marketfresh sandwiches came out, I ordered one. Cost $5 or something. I asked for a pickle, and they're like, oh they don't come with pickles (what's a sandwich without a nice juicy pickle?!?). I had to actually talk to the manager, and the manager was like, oh pickles, cost extra. Man, stooopid. Manager was Asian, so maybe that had something to do with it... :D Sandwich was disgusting too.

I think I stopped having Arby's when they switched their Roast Chicken Club to the shaved chicken instead of the chunks of seasoned chicken meat. Anyone remember that?