PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Keys

Crazyjoker77
11-26-2007, 02:16 PM
Okay so i went to throw some winter tires on the GT four and to find out there is one locking lug nut on each wheel of course the key is still somewhere in japan im sure.

I've tried my collection of 8 other keys i have. none of them come close to fitting there all to small.

There the spline type of lock and there pretty inset inside the wheel so i doubt i can get a pair vice grips on them.

only other thing i can think of is to just hammer a smaller socket onto it and turn it out that way but thats alot of sockets to waste not to mention risk smashing up some volk te-37s

any other suggestions aside from what ive mentioned and going to a tire shop?

RZRSHARP_SVX
11-26-2007, 04:02 PM
find a similar size socket and make sure you use a 12-point socket.

and a breaker bar and it should work. thats what I have done in the past. worked beatufully no damage to the wheel or anything

Dj_Stylz
11-26-2007, 04:07 PM
Why don't you want to go to a tire shop?

Wraith
11-26-2007, 04:22 PM
if you can find one of these "gator grip" universal sockets, i heard they work well

http://www.endeavortool.com/

EK 2.0
11-26-2007, 04:40 PM
I had the exact same issue with mine...when trying to get my winters on for the season.

What a friend of mine did for me...once we looked at my particular problem we figured out that we could hammer a 6 inch 3/8" extension into my lugnut...and then with a ratchet we were able to remove the locks...

topmade
11-26-2007, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Wraith
if you can find one of these "gator grip" universal sockets, i heard they work well
http://www.endeavortool.com/

I think Crappy tire carries these, I went to look for it and couldn't find one. I called around and someone told me princess auto has a 2 piece tool that can remove these bolts, about $15. I never seen one or used it before, but went to buy it but they were sold out, but the guy told me their new location in the S.W. has a bunch of them.

SportEL
11-26-2007, 10:23 PM
I saw Sears in Marlborough Mall has those Gator grips.