PDA

View Full Version : How do I complile an email address list from an outlook folder

Canadian 2.5RS
11-27-2007, 04:23 PM
Does anyone know how to go about compiling an email address list from an outlook folder? Essentially, I have a ton of emails that were bounced back from an internal company email and I need to get the list of the bouncebacks to IT (dont ask me why they cant do it).

The Cosworth
11-27-2007, 04:26 PM
copy and past the address's out of the header that it says they are undeliverable to and forward it on?

Canadian 2.5RS
11-27-2007, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by brendankharris
copy and past the address's out of the header that it says they are undeliverable to and forward it on?

That doesnt really help me. I am trying to avoid cutting and pasting all of the individual emails.

The Cosworth
11-27-2007, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Canadian 2.5RS

That doesnt really help me. I am trying to avoid cutting and pasting all of the individual emails.

oh it is more than one? sorry I thought it was one chain email.

I think your SOL unless you fwd them all to IT and tell them those were the ones

cityhunter2501
11-27-2007, 05:11 PM
unless you know the address list the IT staff created for a specific group of users then you are SOL.

maybe check your email and check the headers for possible address list that they used to forward to multiple users

Harry
12-06-2007, 05:31 PM
I'd suggest you do this way.

1. group your "tons of emails" and move them into one new folder.
2. Go File->import and export, choose export to file, select to export all mails in the new folder to an excel file.
3. open the excel file, you should be very easy to edit and get a full list of all bounced email address. (my tips would be just delete the message body and send the rest to your desktop support)

Good luck.
if they still "can't" do it, hire me and I'll do it for you. lol.

Originally posted by Canadian 2.5RS
Does anyone know how to go about compiling an email address list from an outlook folder? Essentially, I have a ton of emails that were bounced back from an internal company email and I need to get the list of the bouncebacks to IT (dont ask me why they cant do it).