PDA

View Full Version : Spotted - 2000ish JDM WRX...

redbaron303
11-28-2007, 10:19 AM
I saw a black 2000ish wrx this am... when I came out of my parkade. Sure enough the tool driving as i'm trying to turn right on 12th ave hits a redlight puts it in reverse and just about backs up into the side of my G35... So as I'm going around him, I decide to give a look into his car to see what the jackass driving looks like....

It was a tiny asian girl, though problem comes in - she isn't driving... I do a double take and there is some tall white dude in the 'passenger' side with a steering wheel :-P

Just gotta say, thanks for almost backing into me on a road with no parking in the AM...

Nice ride, sure... but unless you immigrated from the UK or elseware I'd like to know how you got it here, it really isn't 15 years old and god knows I've tried to find a way to do it legit w/out risk of having my car removed from me... If you are on this board and have tips on how to screw over the Cad gov't I'm more than happy to listen, but take some driving lessons before you head out next time.

Ferio_vti
11-28-2007, 10:52 AM
When you say a '2000ish' you mean a first gen Impreza??

I almost want to say it's too bad he didn't hit you. Then he'd have his car towed and crushed into cube.

Team_Mclaren
11-28-2007, 11:08 AM
holy bitter much? there are numerous cars in calgary with temp registration for different purposes. No need to get all worked up about it because someone has a "newer" import.

urban.one
11-28-2007, 01:36 PM
yeah sure.

call the cops and tell them to get the crusher ready!

Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
holy bitter much? there are numerous cars in calgary with temp registration for different purposes. No need to get all worked up about it because someone has a "newer" import. :thumbsup:

403Gemini
11-28-2007, 01:38 PM
holy bitter much? there are numerous cars in calgary with temp registration for different purposes. No need to get all worked up about it because someone has a "newer" import.

I think hes more bitter that he almost got hit vince... lol

mx73someday
11-28-2007, 03:44 PM
JDM Tuners strikes again! They don't seem to care how old there cars are. Just call the number for the mobile crusher, the cops will show up right away. I think the number is somewhere in this thread:

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/186100/15year-old-law-to-25/

Destinova403
11-29-2007, 01:25 AM
no dont crush it... its mad tyte JDM yo...

that said, there is probably some sort of technicallity, its unlikely its an illegal car... and if it is just hope he dosnt hit you... because his insurance is going to absolutely screw him.

Team_Mclaren
11-29-2007, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by Destinova403
no dont crush it... its mad tyte JDM yo...

that said, there is probably some sort of technicallity, its unlikely its an illegal car... and if it is just hope he dosnt hit you... because his insurance is going to absolutely screw him.

actually.. no...

If its an illegal import, his insurance wont hornet the policy. So whoever he hits is gonna to get absolutely screwed.

sorry if i came out a bit harsh, but i have seem a few legal "newer" imports so i just thought this could be one of them.

btw: how did you find out who imported the car?

KRyn
11-29-2007, 02:06 AM
Fuck these threads are fucking useless without pictures how many fucking times do we need to tell you fucking numb skulls.

Destinova403
11-29-2007, 02:06 AM

actually.. no...

If its an illegal import, his insurance wont hornet the policy. So whoever he hits is gonna to get absolutely screwed.

sorry thats what i meant. i guess typing > me. regardless... what is the story with this car?

svenn
11-29-2007, 02:15 AM
Possible RHD conversion maybe? There really is people who think that making a LHD an RHD is a good idea. To be even madder and tyter. Let alone JDM...er?

Redlyne_mr2
11-29-2007, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by KRyn
Fuck these threads are fucking useless without pictures how many fucking times do we need to tell you fucking numb skulls. :rofl:

ricefarmer
11-29-2007, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by svenn
Possible RHD conversion maybe? There really is people who think that making a LHD an RHD is a good idea. To be even madder and tyter. Let alone JDM...er?

No. only you would think that:banghead:

the car is most likely completely legal due to him shipping it here while on a work or school visa. Otherwise I don't see it being legally registered and insured.

AVATDL
11-29-2007, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by KRyn
Fuck these threads are fucking useless without pictures how many fucking times do we need to tell you fucking numb skulls.

:rofl:

Daan
11-29-2007, 04:18 AM
as someone said up in here

whip out your cell and take pics ! ****

Kona9
11-29-2007, 08:19 AM
You should have gotten hit. Maybe you would have gotten out and taken pics!

EK 2.0
11-29-2007, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Kona9

You should have gotten hit. Maybe you would have gotten out and taken pics!

hear,. hear...:clap:

pf0sh0
11-29-2007, 08:52 AM
That's mad tyte. :rofl:

redbaron303
12-03-2007, 02:45 PM
Yes, next time I'll risk being hit by a guy whose car will lack insurance if it comes to surface that it's been illegally imported and is not a RHD conversion. This is like the last gen Imprezza with rounder headlights, not the GC8 models from teh early/mid 90's.

I don't have a problem with the guy driving an imported car, having had so many in years past I'm an advocate for imported cars for the most part.

What im not an advocate for is nearly being backed into by this person which ultimately could have a void insurance policy who might not have been able to cut a cheque (that isn't going to bounce) to fix the damage he's caused me. So the bitterness isn't the car (it was nice to see it even if it is illegal) it's the things that can result from nearly being hit... especially at like 8am when I'm not a morning person and i'm already in a pissy mood!

I love posting photos btw, but it would make my rant about relatively unsafe driving hypocritical for me to be snapping photos with my cell phone as I drive around this person... so photos will come if I see the car again adn I'm not driving... his insurance agent is the office at the base of my building!