PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know if Alfa Romeo is coming back?

r3cc0s
11-28-2007, 11:24 AM
Being an avid Alfa Fan

I "need" to have a Brera in my garage

Anyone know if Alfa is slated to return to Canada? I believe the US managed to have the good fortune for a return.

With all the drama and issues I've had with my Milano QV, nothing I have ever driven has moved my soul like that car.

BerserkerCatSplat
11-28-2007, 11:31 AM
I doubt it, honestly. :(

simke
11-28-2007, 11:38 AM
I wish they came back. But, if you still want a Milano, I have mine for sale now.

alloroc
11-28-2007, 11:58 AM
I owned a 76 Alfetta for a few years. Great car. You could tell it was Italian though. By the time I sold it, the car was quite "holey" < spelling error intentional.

r3cc0s
11-28-2007, 12:33 PM
I have a Milano myself, it's in the garage..
what kind do you have?

I have the 3.0L V6 QV with a ton of work
looking to restor eit completely... which will require new body work and suspension parts

simke
11-28-2007, 12:49 PM
I have Milano Platinum with 3.0L swap. It's got some upgraded suspension components and headers with full exhaust. Sounds amazing!

It has some rust that has to get taken care off, but other than that, it's an absolute blast to drive. The most fun car to drive I have ever owned. I just wish the seats and overall driving position was better.

r3cc0s
11-28-2007, 03:59 PM
I have the QV w/ Cam upgrades, new mass air sensor, ECU and that kinda crap with a Steebro exhaust and jacobs ignition

Oh I have the rear end from a 2.5 twin spark, which is a 4.11 ratio

My rust on my baby, but I lost a couple of the QV's bumper cover pieces (which I'll have to re-order from europe)

suspension wise, I have a torsen bar upgrade in the front, and eibach 1.5" lowering springs w/ koni dampeners

Problem with the car? Everything...
god it tends to overheats easily (even with a brand new rad)
if I don't rev the engine, it has a tendancy to flood
The gear syncro's have gone and I need a rebuild of my tranny (god is that going to be expensive)

and I don't even drive it hard

in terms of ergo and driving position, I have no complaints
I love the pedal setup with the brake and skinny pedal being next to each other for heel toe and the recaro seats

Mine's a 1990, yours? And it's sitting in my parents garage until I can make it a project

I loved driving it, the engine sings...
but I hate being stranded on the side of the road

I've had CV joints literially break on the inside shaft part
Over-heating issues
Torsen bar front suspension collapsing in the parking lot
Drive shaft broke
Engine mounts break
and again I really never drove it that hard ugh

but it was plenty quick considering the stock hp output was supposedly 185ish

simke
11-28-2007, 04:21 PM
hehehe that's Alfa for you, you love to drive it but hate it 'cause it breaks down.

Mine is an '87 Platinum with 4.11 ratio box, which is stock on this car anyways. It has some of the same problems as yours, second gear syncro is not in great shape, some rust issues and that freakin' overheating problem. It happened to me twice this summer, once at a slalom race down in race city (it was 35C outside thou...) and once more just driving in the city. It's been realiable except in the extreme heat hehehe

How did you get 1990 Milano? From Europe? I though they only went up to 1989.

r3cc0s
11-28-2007, 05:57 PM
I think it might have be a 1989 w/ a 90 model year
I am definitely keeping it forever and ever... granted that parts are still available (well they should be in europe)

I love the features this car had... It handled very well with the new springs\torsen bar and dampeners
But it had a 50/50 weight ratio, transaxel transmission in the rear
Independent rear, rear wheel drive car (the last RWD from Alfa)
I have actuality ran this car reasonably quick... pulling a 13.7 w/ a 1.82 60ft time
So even by today's standards, this is still a very quick driver and a fun track car

Oh does your car have the brakes on the axels too? What a brilliant idea, takes all the inertia/load off the suspension under hard braking

My car came with a "momo" package w/ 15" momo rims, steering wheel (no adapter, apparently the wheel was specifically made for Alfa) and a shifter knob
Also the fuel cell is sat right behind the back seats over the rear diff... apparently attributing to the 50/50 weight distribution
Parts are pricy, but should be "high" quality being alot bosch and even quality brembo calipers with rather large front discs

Brilliant concepts... has power assist steering (feedback is awesome) and late engaging ABS and the coolest looking console/u shape e-brake and overhead controls I have seen in those era' or cars

Too bad the damned thing just BLOWS for reliability
I have to rebuild the center console and figure out a proper cooling solution
UGH!

three.eighteen.
11-28-2007, 11:21 PM
so what's so great about alfa's? they look kinda cool

me&you
11-29-2007, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by r3cc0s
Being an avid Alfa Fan

I &quot;need&quot; to have a Brera in my garage

Anyone know if Alfa is slated to return to Canada? I believe the US managed to have the good fortune for a return.

With all the drama and issues I've had with my Milano QV, nothing I have ever driven has moved my soul like that car.

Yes.

The new FMoV showroom will feature an entire level dedicated to Alfas.

r3cc0s
11-29-2007, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by three.eighteen.
so what's so great about alfa's? they look kinda cool

It's always been a thing... if you're an auto enthusiast, you've got to own an Alfa for the joy and the heartaches

plus they are the definitive name in Italian motor sports

Enzo Ferrari drove and then worked/managed their motor sports department... in fact spawned the first Alfa Ferrari

r3cc0s
11-29-2007, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by me&amp;you

Yes.

The new FMoV showroom will feature an entire level dedicated to Alfas.

FMoV?