View Full Version : Another C&D Sport Sedan comparison

Aleks
11-29-2007, 08:54 AM
C&D-Manual sport sedans:
1. 328,
2. G35 Sport
3. CTS
4. C 300

LOL BMW 328 keeps beating the G35 even though it has 70+hp less.

BMW-perfect
G35-still rough around the edges, best value
CTS-holds its own in the twisties, manaul sucks
C-class-Small version of the ES 350

taken from: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3564377&page=1

AVATDL
11-29-2007, 11:10 AM
at the end of the day, the G35 will be cheaper and more reliable.

r3cc0s
11-29-2007, 11:34 AM
BMW is the ultimate driving machine...

Too bad for the pricing :P

I don't think, with the exception of the Z8... that BMW has made a "bad" handling\driving vehicle in a very very long time

but has always made exceptional performing cars

Destinova403
11-29-2007, 12:20 PM
love the BMW but id probably buy the G35 myself, cant go wrong with it, reliable, comfortable, and classy... it may not be as fast but as a daily driver it would probably be a better car.

r3cc0s
11-29-2007, 12:30 PM
Right now... if I wanted a sporty 4 door, it'd be a sedan version of 335

However with so many high powered 3.5L Japanese engines
it'd be a tough one, considering the price difference for a:
Honda Accord
Camry
M35
Passat w/ the new VR 6 engine
etc...

On the other hand, living in our Climate here
I'm still leaning towards an Audi

gpomp
11-29-2007, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by AVATDL
at the end of the day, the G35 will be cheaper and more reliable.

Originally posted by Destinova403
love the BMW but id probably buy the G35 myself, cant go wrong with it, reliable, comfortable, and classy... it may not be as fast but as a daily driver it would probably be a better car.

uh, the 328 is the same price as the g35 and has 70 less hp.

benyl
11-29-2007, 02:13 PM
I don't understand why people believe that Nissan products are reliable...

Infiniti only has 1 vehicle in the best list.

The Nissan Sentra, Armada and Titan are some of the worst in terms of reliability.

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2006/11/crreliability2006.jpg

Orbie
11-29-2007, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Destinova403

Um...G35 is faster than a 328i. I think you're thinking about the 335 which is at a more expensive price point. Who cares if the G has 70+ more horsepower, if HP was the only defining factor to compare cars, the Veyron would be the best car in the world hands down. In this case though the G has improved a lot and between that and the 3 series you'd be hard pressed to find any shortcomings, but unfortunately C&D has their nose so far up BMW's ass that they can't see anything else.

KoukiS14
11-30-2007, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by benyl
I don't understand why people believe that Nissan products are reliable...

Ummm because they are :dunno:. I dont know why people think they aren't

Originally posted by benyl

Infiniti only has 1 vehicle in the best list.

The Nissan Sentra, Armada and Titan are some of the worst in terms of reliability.

Look at the most recent CR reports magazine, Best and Worst. The Sentra is now off that "worst" list and is one of the 7 out of 10 Nissan models that are CR Recommended Vehicles.

rage2
11-30-2007, 08:10 AM
BMW's are seriously overrated. Most car magazines are in bed with BMW, and the writers and editors just wanna pretend to be cool yuppies in their BMW's. You always see dumb ass excuses to let the BMW's win.

heavyD
11-30-2007, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by KoukiS14

Ummm because they are :dunno:. I dont know why people think they aren't

Because Nissan has had spotty reliability for the last 15 years. They aren't the worst but are clearly a class below Honda, Toyota, and even Ford. In fact Subaru and Mitsubishi build much better cars than Nissan.

When you buy a Nissan you are buying a Japanes car with domestic reliability which isn't bad but far from superior.

rc2002
11-30-2007, 08:51 AM
G35 is another one of those cars that looks good on paper but isn't something you'd want to own. It's an affordable pseudo luxury car that really isn't anything special to drive. Realistically I'd say it's targeted to people who want a luxury image but don't have the $$$ to back it up.

blownz
11-30-2007, 09:08 AM
I think a lot of people need to actually DRIVE the G35 and any E90 and see for yourself. The BMW is more refined and simply is the better car to DRIVE.

So many import guys nowadays sound like the mullet wearing muscle car guys only looking at hp numbers and straight line speed. I thought the import guys used to make fun of the domestic guys about how anyone can go fast in a straight line and handling and overall package is where it is at. Now it seems like things are turning around...

b_t
11-30-2007, 09:24 AM
If I owned a BMW, I would call it the best driving machine on the road too. I definitely wouldn't admit that I just wasted all that extra money and could have had a nicer not German car for less.

blownz
11-30-2007, 10:18 AM
I did drive both though and made a decision. Plus other cars too. I'm not as narrow minded as you seem to think. Before I upgraded to the E90 I actually thought I was going to buy a new G35 because I liked what I saw on paper. I changed my mind after driving both.

If price is your biggest concern, there are domestic cars that can basically do everything the 'overpriced' japanese cars can do for a lot less money too.... does that make them better??

Most of the time you get what you pay for.

Doesn't mean some cars aren't a great bang for the buck compared to others, but that doesn't mean they are the better car. A neon srt-4 can outperform my car in probably every performance category but does that make it the better car?

And I am not bashing the G35 or any other car though. It is a great car and you can't go wrong with it. But imo the E90 (any model) is still a better all round car mainly because of the ride/handling and the refinement both of which I value highly in a car. But to the mullet crowd here the G35 will obviously be better because it is fast in a straight line and they maybe like the unwanted vibrations in the car. :D

403Gemini
11-30-2007, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by heavyD

Because Nissan has had spotty reliability for the last 15 years. They aren't the worst but are clearly a class below Honda, Toyota, and even Ford. In fact Subaru and Mitsubishi build much better cars than Nissan.

When you buy a Nissan you are buying a Japanes car with domestic reliability which isn't bad but far from superior.

you buy a car built in mexico! ARIBA!!!

ZorroAMG
11-30-2007, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by rage2
BMW's are seriously overrated. Most car magazines are in bed with BMW, and the writers and editors just wanna pretend to be cool yuppies in their BMW's. You always see dumb ass excuses to let the BMW's win.

QFT!

403Gemini
11-30-2007, 11:54 AM
Honestly id take a cts-v over almost any bmw out there.

But for that bracket of cars the OP posted, id go with a g35 coupe

gpomp
11-30-2007, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
G35 is another one of those cars that looks good on paper but isn't something you'd want to own. It's an affordable pseudo luxury car that really isn't anything special to drive. Realistically I'd say it's targeted to people who want a luxury image but don't have the $$$ to back it up.
:werd: great looking car when you look at the numbers, not that great when you're actually driving it. sure the new ones have a "nicer" interior than the old ones but there is still a big gap in driving dynamics compared to the bmw.

Originally posted by 403Gemini
Honestly id take a cts-v over almost any bmw out there.

But for that bracket of cars the OP posted, id go with a g35 coupe
i doubt people in the market for a $40k car will be looking at the $75k CTS-V. but if they are, why not buy buy an M5 or E63? what's another $50k right?