PDA

View Full Version : Snowmobiling at McLean

IKD
11-29-2007, 10:21 PM
Does anyone know if I need to register my sled to ride there?

Mazstyle
11-29-2007, 10:31 PM
You have to register everything else so I would assume yes.

Champ
11-30-2007, 03:17 PM
All OHVs (including snowmobiles) must have valid registration and insurance to be used in McLean creek. The area is regularly patrolled by wardens, don't get caught without em. It's so cheep to register and insure anyways, why wouldn't you do that?

dropdat
11-30-2007, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Champ
All OHVs (including snowmobiles) must have valid registration and insurance to be used in McLean creek. The area is regularly patrolled by wardens, don't get caught without em. It's so cheep to register and insure anyways, why wouldn't you do that?

+1
They don't seem to care if you're drunk while riding your vehicle, but if you don't have your papers they're all over you.

ScottysZ
11-30-2007, 05:57 PM
Yup, tickets are pricy too, i think 230 bucks, possibility of impound too.

IKD
12-02-2007, 10:55 PM
I have a buddy coming down after xmas and hes bringing his sleds. They live an hour east of e town and have lots of land so they dont register them. Its a farm community so not many people do. Is there any places that dont require a license. We have some friends that would let us use their land but I wanna go somewhere bigger.

JGerke
12-03-2007, 05:43 AM
All areas in Alberta that are regulated for off-road use require you to have registration and insurance. If you want to legally ride elsewhere, go to BC, you dont need either to ride on crown land there.

12-05-2007, 01:19 PM
Sledding at Mcleans sucks anyway these days, the ATV's fuck up most of the trails, take the 1.5 hour drive out to longview, awsome riding. not as good as golden or revelstoke, but its good for only being 1.5 hours away.

IKD
12-05-2007, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by 410440
Sledding at Mcleans sucks anyway these days, the ATV's fuck up most of the trails, take the 1.5 hour drive out to longview, awsome riding. not as good as golden or revelstoke, but its good for only being 1.5 hours away.

I would need a license to go there though.

So I dont need anything to ride in golden??? Even on the groomers?