PDA

View Full Version : Anyone bought wheels locally lately?

Crymson
11-30-2007, 01:48 PM
I'm wondering if the dollar has pushed local retailers or canadian online stores closer to parity with the US wheel prices?

bobby_lu
11-30-2007, 06:32 PM
I only have good things to say about my entire experience,from finding me what I needed,purchase, install, with tirebob at Urban Expressions.

pf0sh0
11-30-2007, 06:41 PM
Well, some in-store prices have altered to get on par with U.S. pricing, generally most places haven't done so. What some places are offering though are online price match with U.S. companies.

Crymson
11-30-2007, 06:45 PM
you know which?

jay42w8
02-23-2008, 01:23 AM
I just a did a comparison right now with what Tirebob quoted me before and with Wheelsnext.com......with the stupid duties included its about the same price, so I'm gonna go support Tirebob lol.

tirebob
02-23-2008, 09:48 AM
Often we can be close or even cheaper, but definitely there can be some savings on some items. The question is whether or not the saving are enough to justify the purchase. Things to consider are the fact that you may save $50.00 mow, but if you have any issues such as shipping problems, wrong goods, damaged items, etc, you quickly will end up behind the 8-ball because US companies are not going to cover all you international freight charges, even on screw ups. Also, when you take US bought goods to a canadian store to get the items installed, you will most often pay a bit more money for the work since the stores are not making any money on anything but labour so they are not as apt to giving deals on work that supports the US suppliers. Lastly, if you have any warranty problems on goods from US suppliers you almost never can get warranties done from canadian stores, and warranty coverage does not cover you shippings costs incurred, let alone all the duties and brokerage fees over and back across the borders...

If you can find a deal that saves you huge money then it can be worth it for sure, but small savings are not usually worth it in the long run...

BigBadVlad
02-23-2008, 10:49 AM
" "